Aesir: Rules & Comments

Moderator: Goatkiller666

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Sorry to hear Murrin!
I know how that goes, though.

You're always my best enemy! :P
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

balon! wrote:Sorry to hear Murrin!
I know how that goes, though.
:LOLS:
balon! wrote:You're always my best enemy! :P
Also :LOLS:
I climb the road to Cold Mountain,
The road to Cold Mountain that never ends.
- Han-shan

We dance round in a ring and suppose,
But the Secret sits in the middle and knows.
- Robert Frost

Today was a good day. - Ice Cube
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I am sorry to hear as well, Murrin.

While I generally despise conflict, I must admit that I was curious to see if Nergal decided to respond to the Leandreas interference with the Inevitables last season, how Nergal would have responded to it.

Odin privately suggested one possibility Nergal might have done I don't even want to consider further...
*shudder*
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So yeah, Murrin... you should stick around just long enough to do that thing Odin mentioned.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I have no idea what "leandreas" is.
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

Leandreas are
The prophet of Agapé
And her family
Yes, I am an alt
Whose? An open secret to
Attentive Watchers
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Ah, right.

Lessee, what would have done... I don't think I could've come up with anything, so I'd probably jsut put more power into the Inevitable and into the protective barrier while I tried to think of something to do. Hence my problem, it's about all I can come up with - continue what I was already doing, or dig in and wait for an idea.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

That's a relief...
Still, you will be missed.
Caelyn
Servant of the Land

Post by Caelyn »

Mama, what's happening? The scary people who hid in the bubble stopped being so scary.

I Love you and Papa. Can I have a cuddle?
There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say
But you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
All you need is Love
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

:screwy:

...pretty in character for the Comments thread...
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

:lol: She's not allowed in the Game thread.
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Caelyn wrote:Mama, what's happening? The scary people who hid in the bubble stopped being so scary.

I Love you and Papa. Can I have a cuddle?
Oh, god. What evil have I unleashed?
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Don't worry. She won't be a problem for much longer. ;)
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Hmm, I have one question to ask. Why was my prophet killed? If I remember correctly I'd not even come into contact with the god responsible yet. The only gods' followers I'd run into at that point were Agape's (and I did nothing to harm her prophets, only presented the opportunity for them to harm themselves), and the vampires.

It was surprising mainly because it was unprovoked.

Even the resistance to the Inevitable later seemed a little over the top, because I hadn't used them in a violent fashion - almost all of their efforts went into conversion, not fighting. I only had to start fighting when others attacked me.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Murrin wrote: It was surprising mainly because it was unprovoked.
I figured that conflict was inevitable (heh), and wanted the element of surprise. I figured it'd be the only way to take her down without a major fight.
Murrin wrote:Even the resistance to the Inevitable later seemed a little over the top,
well, I was getting a little restless. Not bored, per se, but conflict is one of my favorite parts about this game, and I had a few nasty little ideas to try out.

It's been a good fight though! Crazy we both came up with storms at the same time...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Odin wrote:Don't worry. She won't be a problem for much longer. ;)
What?
As far as I'm concerned, she's not a problem at all...
Murrin wrote:Hmm, I have one question to ask. Why was my prophet killed? If I remember correctly I'd not even come into contact with the god responsible yet.

hmm, as well.
That is not the story the Leandreas were told.
Murrin wrote:The only gods' followers I'd run into at that point were Agape's (and I did nothing to harm her prophets, only presented the opportunity for them to harm themselves),

So, my guess as to what may have happened if the Leandreas had accepted Inanna's "invitation" was accurate? Boy, am I glad I played that the way I did then!!! It was a tough choice, with my curiosity regarding the other deities in the game.
Murrin wrote:and the vampires.

It was surprising mainly because it was unprovoked.
Again, the Leandreas were told differently.
Murrin wrote:Even the resistance to the Inevitable later seemed a little over the top, because I hadn't used them in a violent fashion - almost all of their efforts went into conversion, not fighting. I only had to start fighting when others attacked me.
I will take the chance you are sticking with no longer taking part in the game and explain what was my intent:

*nod*

While Agapé has consistently played as not attempting to convert unwilling followers, she is totally against coercion of conversion by others. Hence the Leandreas involvement last turn, as she was told that is how the Inevtitables work: coercion through the chant to follow Nergal, regardless of one's own will. My hope was that the action made them more willing to negotiate openly, without only wanting to convert whomever they ran across. I attempted conversion of them with the action, in order to redirect their methods, and obviously failed. Whether the second intent of making them more willing to continue to stop chanting upon initially meeting others took root or not, I am uncertain of.

Agapé truly had nothing to do with Inanna's death though. That attack was as much a surprise to me as to you.
balon! wrote:
Murrin wrote: It was surprising mainly because it was unprovoked.
I figured that conflict was inevitable (heh), and wanted the element of surprise. I figured it'd be the only way to take her down without a major fight.
Murrin wrote:Even the resistance to the Inevitable later seemed a little over the top,
well, I was getting a little restless. Not bored, per se, but conflict is one of my favorite parts about this game, and I had a few nasty little ideas to try out.

It's been a good fight though! Crazy we both came up with storms at the same time...
*sigh*
I am sooo gullible.

balon... :|
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Menolly wrote:
Murrin wrote:The only gods' followers I'd run into at that point were Agape's (and I did nothing to harm her prophets, only presented the opportunity for them to harm themselves),

So, my guess as to what may have happened if the Leandreas had accepted Inanna's "invitation" was accurate? Boy, am I glad I played that the way I did then!!! It was a tough choice, with my curiosity regarding the other deities in the game.
What do you think happens when you step bodily into the realm of the dead? Hehe. My reveal pretty much spelled out that it was a one-way trip, but I hoped you'd take it on good faith and try.

Inana was entirely truthful! If they had stepped inside, they would have learned all that there is to know about Nergal. (Hint: There's not much to know.)
Caelyn
Servant of the Land

Post by Caelyn »

Good thing Mama did not trust her. I need my Mama!
There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say
But you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
All you need is Love
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Murrin wrote:
Menolly wrote:

What do you think happens when you step bodily into the realm of the dead? Hehe. My reveal pretty much spelled out that it was a one-way trip, but I hoped you'd take it on good faith and try.

Inana was entirely truthful! If they had stepped inside, they would have learned all that there is to know about Nergal. (Hint: There's not much to know.)
I was climbing the walls waiting to see what would happen!!! :LOLS: :haha: I wasn't gonna drag out a long conversation, but I needed general ideas of how you two wanted things to go. It was a nail biter, for sure!!

Also, if the Leandreas hadn't left, the Judge woulda thrown them in after Inana was killed. It was all around a pretty tense situation!
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Have to wonder what'll happen in Hel with me gone.

Return to “Aesir & Vanir”