New Dr Who

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Most of those are great Cag. They need to work on Troughton and Davison though. Matt Smith could use a little reworking as well.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Finale was fairly satisfying.

Couple things I particularly liked:

-The Doctor wearing a fez while he's being "magic".
-Richard Dawkins associated with "star cults".
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

That was excellent. A nice finale, with a great ending.
Spoiler
What I loved most was that they never explained what caused the TARDIS to explode. And no, it's not Omega as the rumours are saying.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

That was most certainly a big ball of timey wimey stuff! Still scratching my head over several details.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Spoiler
The other thing I thought was great was the reveal that that little moment in Flesh and Stone was the Doctor visiting Amy from the future and trying to get her to remember him. At the time it seemed to come out of nowhere but wasn't really unusual for the Doctor's behaviour.

Edit:
Spoiler
Though I have to say I'm not sure I believe a couple of things regarding the way this episode went. Firstly, I'm not sure I fully accept that the Pandorica didn't recreate a universe in which the Pandorica existed, and everything would just happen again. (And I'm not sure why being in the middle would erase the Doctor from history when the Pandorica can presumably extrapolate him from everything else.)

Secondly, and pretty much exclusive with the previous, if the TARDIS explodes in every point in time at once, and all time ceases to have happened, that's a paradox in and of itself because the universe never existed for the TARDIS to explode in.
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

Spoiler
How could The Doctor go back in time to give Auton Rory his screwdriver? What I mean is, how did the loop get set in motion if Rory had to have The Doctors sonic screwdriver to let The Doctor out? Makes no sense! Completely illogical.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

It's the Bill and Ted model of problem solving through time travel. When you save the Doctor, he'll come back in time and give you what you need to save him! (And how does he time travel so perfectly well when time is collapsing?)

That's kind of a weak way of doing things when you think about it. And the whole "it's easy to open from the outside" thing is not only a complete contradiction of the previous episode, it also makes no goddamn sense.
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Maybe parts of these episodes will make sense in next series because we still don't know what was causing the TARDIS to explode, etc
Maybe will find out what got the Doctor later or something
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Queeaqueg wrote:Maybe parts of these episodes will make sense in next series because we still don't know what was causing the TARDIS to explode, etc
Maybe will find out what got the Doctor later or something
Moffat has stated that it's something called 'The Silence', and that this will be explained in season 6.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

This isn't about the new Doctor Who, but I wasn't sure where to post it otherwise. I just found this immense rendition of the theme, from the 2010 BBC Proms. www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCOywE82jR4
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

There isn't a smilie 8O big enough to adequately express how I feel after watching the Christmas Special (A Christmas Carol)

That was AMAZING!
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

I enjoyed it, I think it's the best of the NuWho Christmas Specials
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

*green eyed with envy*

If there is one thing that makes me wish for cable or satellite, it is wanting BBC America at times. This is one of them.

Does anyone know if it is uploaded online anywhere?
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Don't know, Menolly - sorry!

Wasn't there a thread on here somewhere about flying sharks????

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Menolly wrote:*green eyed with envy*

If there is one thing that makes me wish for cable or satellite, it is wanting BBC America at times. This is one of them.

Does anyone know if it is uploaded online anywhere?
Check YouTube, it's often posted by someone for at least the first few days after airing.

Prover of Life
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Prover of Life »

I re-watched the finale while waiting for the Christmas Special. I noticed something that may or may not be a "clue".

As the Pandorica re-sets things and the Doctor wakes up on the floor of the Tardis - he says: Legs. I've got legs.

I recall those same words being spoken immediately after Ten's regeneration. In fact, his initial appearance seems to be a struggle for birth, as Ten really, really did not want to go.

Could it be - it is Ten's attempt to prevent regeneration by discharging all that power thru himself and into the interior of the Tardis? This "could" be the cause of the Tardis exploding.

Perhaps, Eleven will ultimately reboot that regeneration in some way to neutralize the explosion and halt the Silence.

Or not. :)
Old man how is it that you hear these things?
Young man how is it that you do not?

Master Po
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Other than the way that future-"Scrooge" kept yelling at his memories, I don't really have any criticism of the christmas special. It was a simple and effective story.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Menolly, youtube doctor who christmas carol, it looks like it's on there - at least, there's part one, five etc. hopefully the whole things there.

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Prover of Life wrote:Could it be - it is Ten's attempt to prevent regeneration by discharging all that power thru himself and into the interior of the Tardis? This "could" be the cause of the Tardis exploding.

Perhaps, Eleven will ultimately reboot that regeneration in some way to neutralize the explosion and halt the Silence.

Or not. :)
No; it's caused by The Silence. The Silence/Silents are a new enemy, who will be revealed in the next season (first half of season six).
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Stonemaybe wrote:Menolly, youtube doctor who christmas carol, it looks like it's on there - at least, there's part one, five etc. hopefully the whole things there.
Thanks Stone.

Hopefully it will still be there later today, as I need to crash out very soon...

Return to “TV Shows”