How do the Amnioni think?

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

How do the Amnioni think?

Post by Revan »

How do they think? They don't think like humans. But what is there method of thinking?
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

A hive consciousness, maybe. They don't seem to be very individualistic.
Last edited by dANdeLION on Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

How'd do you come up with that idea? the Hive thing?
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

Maybe not the 'classic' hive mind though. Most of thier communication is phermonal and visceral. Perhaps they're biologically primed to respond to scent and color, with verbal communication used only to exchange ideas. Scent and color would express emotional states.

Just an idea.

-B
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

What is a hive consciousness?
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Darth wrote:How do they think?
On the toilet...with the Amnioni sports page...just like me. ;)
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

So... If we can be serious... how do they think?
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Darth wrote:So... If we can be serious... how do they think?
Ahhh the sweet irony!!!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Irony? How so?
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Come now.

And you say that Americans don't understand irony!!!!! Wow! I didn't think you could top that first statement but that last one was even more ironic than the first!!!! It's a classic really!

Can anyone inform Darth why that first statement was ironic!?!??! 1000 WGD's to the first to provide an adequate explanation.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

My bad... I was retarded yesterday... now I am not... I understand.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Brinn wrote:
Darth wrote:How do they think?
On the toilet...with the Amnioni sports page...just like me. ;)
foflmao!!! LOL :haha: :haha:
brinn wrote:
Darth wrote:
So... If we can be serious... how do they think?

Ahhh the sweet irony!!!
LOL ..

irony: expression of meaning by use of words normally conveying opposite meaning .. blaaah blaah blaah .. or lol .. an expression made that contradicts what is the norm by the norm ..
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

;)
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

heh... Sorry if I annoyed you Brinn...
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

No prob Darth... I would say amused is closer to the mark than annoyed!
coercri000
Servant of the Land

Post by coercri000 »

Poss OCP, aggressive hegemonising swarm arriving galaxial locality in undetermined time. Excession.
"citing an indisposition due to special circumstances"
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I've already written much about the Amnion hive intelligence in another thread. Anyway, to be brief, it states in CAO and TDAGD that the Amnion have a 'Mind Union' - a hive intelligence. Somewhere it also states they communicate by pheremones. Now this suggests it would be impossible for the race to communicate across light years, so I think that they may have 'clusters of mind-unions'. Perhaps a single purpose defines these clusters? For instance, Calm Horizon crew having the explicit desire of capturing Trumpet. Enablement Station amnioni probably had more diverse aims.
Regardless, the Amnion could not have too alien a mindset, if you consider this from the viewpoint of evolutionary psychology. Any organism that exists in an evironment with limited resources will tend to develop similar behaviours. In that sense, the Amnion probably have alot of our behaviours. Due to a different genetic makeup their brains will probably have different chemicals, so you could argue that they have varying emotions or perceptions. Whilst we may get a eurphoric high with some behaviours, the Amnion may have a different sort of 'high'. Perhaps they experience this when amnioni are 'in accord.'[/img]
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!

Post by Guest »

[quote="Ur-Vile"]I've already written much about the Amnion hive intelligence in another thread.

In a 2 dimensional universe , beings have no awareness of a 3rd dimension ; in a 3 dimensional universe it's beings have no awareness of a 4th or other dimensions (although knowledge is possible, this is not the same as awareness or empathic understanding - a prerequisite of human feelings , the key to ALL). We , as a different species , therefore cannot possibly understand how the Amnion think , what motivates them , what guides them.

This is a futile argument.

THEY ARE ALIEN.
coercri000
Servant of the Land

Post by coercri000 »

Sorry , folks ,

Jan 16 6.18pm was me....this log on log off is doing my head in.
"citing an indisposition due to special circumstances"
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Anonymous wrote:
Ur-Vile wrote:I've already written much about the Amnion hive intelligence in another thread.

In a 2 dimensional universe , beings have no awareness of a 3rd dimension ; in a 3 dimensional universe it's beings have no awareness of a 4th or other dimensions (although knowledge is possible, this is not the same as awareness or empathic understanding - a prerequisite of human feelings , the key to ALL). We , as a different species , therefore cannot possibly understand how the Amnion think , what motivates them , what guides them.

This is a futile argument.

THEY ARE ALIEN.
That's actually a flawed argument. :) There's alot of literature on evolutionary psych which argues that similar behaviours will occur in an environment with limited resources (ie, competition). Given that animals strive to survive and reproduce, certain behaviours will be apparent; the amnion should be no different. Cultural values may be different (religion, laws, and so forth), but we would be able to perceive their motivations (and if anyone has read CAO and TDAGD, this is apparent in that the amnion act in ways supporting what I have suggested).
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!

Return to “The Gap Series”