World of Warcraft

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

They'll make life easier for n00bs like me - just choose a tree and then fill it with 31 points.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Vraith wrote:
Sorus wrote:Grats!

Speaking as a pet-obsessed hunter... I've... spent more than an hour camping spawn points. It's worth it.
Hmm. ..that sounds like "hunter-speak" for "I've been flying around
(*&^ Sholazar for a ()*&)(^*(& week and (*%)*&^ spirit beast STILL hasn't spawned!"
Syl wrote:Sorus has a pic somewhere many pages back celebrating that particular achievement, I believe.
/nod nod...umhm...we refer to that particular event as The Great Loque'nahak CampOut. heh. even I'LL never forget that!! (now named Vigil :D )
(nor the time i accidentally happened on Loque and killing him trying to tame him in surv spec!! lol!!!)

oh yeah and don't forget all the haste stacking sorus did for to tame Gezzarak the Huntress!!! which, i *think* might be one of 2 on our server and no longer tameable...but sorus...weren't you server first on
Gezz? (now named Spite)

i have no rare petses except for Toc who used to be a lvl 10 rare elite named Timber in Dun Morogh but is not really so rare anymore.
i just went and got me a warp stalker in netherstorm cause sorus said
they're good solo tankers. (and cause they're pretty)
i had, for a while, one of the Lost Torranche tallstriders from that floating
island off the edge of terrokar but i hardly ever brung him out of the stable and finally i had to make room for another kitty (Bast, my "white Pitch" kitty that kell got me in the barrens.)
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

Is it possible to tame a higher level rare to have as a pet at level 10? I mean, if you have someone there healing you and whatnot? Is there a cap as far as how high you need to be to tame a higher level?

I wonder if I shouldn't/could travel to a higher level zone with a cool Rare wandering around and snag it to make for easier leveling.

Thoughts?
"This is the room where Jezebel frescoed her eyelids with history's tragic glitter." ~Tom Robbins

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Kaydene wrote:Is it possible to tame a higher level rare to have as a pet at level 10? I mean, if you have someone there healing you and whatnot? Is there a cap as far as how high you need to be to tame a higher level?

I wonder if I shouldn't/could travel to a higher level zone with a cool Rare wandering around and snag it to make for easier leveling.

Thoughts?
good luck with that! :lol: lemme know whatcha get! :D
to one of them?

the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

lucimay wrote:
Kaydene wrote:Is it possible to tame a higher level rare to have as a pet at level 10? I mean, if you have someone there healing you and whatnot? Is there a cap as far as how high you need to be to tame a higher level?

Thoughts?
So it's possible, then? Probably just really hard?
"This is the room where Jezebel frescoed her eyelids with history's tragic glitter." ~Tom Robbins

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

lucimay wrote:

Thoughts?
Unless there was a signficant change very recently, you cannot tame a pet higher level than you.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

Vraith wrote:
lucimay wrote:

Thoughts?
Unless there was a signficant change very recently, you cannot tame a pet higher level than you.
Aw. Balls. Thanks for the info, though.

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Petopia is an excellent resource that gives information (and pics!) for ALL the different pets. Highly recommend it to all hunters.

www.wow-petopia.com/index.php

Vraith wrote:
Hmm. ..that sounds like "hunter-speak" for "I've been flying around
(*&^ Sholazar for a ()*&)(^*(& week and (*%)*&^ spirit beast STILL hasn't spawned!"
It was actually TWO *(^&%^$ weeks flying around (*^&%&^% Sholazar, but who's counting?

Syl wrote:Sorus has a pic somewhere many pages back celebrating that particular achievement, I believe.

I think the one of Irv and Sorus in Dalaran must have been on the hard drive that crashed. :(

lucimay wrote:oh yeah and don't forget all the haste stacking sorus did for to tame Gezzarak the Huntress!!! which, i *think* might be one of 2 on our server and no longer tameable...but sorus...weren't you server first on
Gezz? (now named Spite)
Dunno, since there isn't an actual 'achievement' for such things... it was close enough to the launch of Wrath that it's pretty likely, but no way of really knowing.

I also have two lynxes (my favorite cat model), and the ghost saber that was my leveling pet. And that's a full stable. I had to give up my Cursed Offspring of Har'koa in order to tame Loque, and I really hate abandoning pets. Actually did a whole story about returning her to Har'koa's kin, but was only able to salvage a couple of the images after my hard drive crashed.

My horde hunter only has one pet, since she will be the one picking up anything awesome they come out with in Cata (foxes!) - unless Blizz decides to give us more stable slots.

And yes, I am totally avoiding answering what I named my alt. Something unpronounceable that would have spawned many awful nicknames. :oops:

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Did you miss the previews? Hunters get a large "storage" stable with five "active" slots, any of which can be summoned remotely.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Sorus wrote:And yes, I am totally avoiding answering what I named my alt. Something unpronounceable that would have spawned many awful nicknames. :oops:
Czotlipenisitamnet? (italics mine)

;)

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Murrin wrote:Did you miss the previews? Hunters get a large "storage" stable with five "active" slots, any of which can be summoned remotely.
Is that official? The only place I'm seeing it is right next to posts about the changes to ammo that they've been talking about for years.

So much info to wade through, but most only have new talents and the 'focus' change listed for hunters.
variol son wrote:
Sorus wrote:And yes, I am totally avoiding answering what I named my alt. Something unpronounceable that would have spawned many awful nicknames. :oops:
Czotlipenisitamnet? (italics mine)

;)
OMG, how'd you guess?

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

I'm, like, totally psychic. :D

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Woohoo! All four totems, combined into one. :D

Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

variol son wrote:Woohoo! All four totems, combined into one. :D
Grats!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Anyone else think I was being a little too hard on people tonight?
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

I did not think you were being hard. I thought you were just your usual self! :) (not meaning anything bad by that either! ;) )
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I cried a little, honestly.

(Did I miss something on vent?)

And...
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

lol cute. I mean.... *ahem*... manly.

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Grats, Raest!

And Ky, I didn't notice anything.

Apologies if I've been snarky lately... err, snarkier... under a lot of stress right now - has nothing to do with the game or anyone in it, but I've been short-tempered, and I know some folks have noticed.

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

i dint think you were particularly...er...snarky as sorus puts it. did i miss something too?

well...it WAS a classic kysen comment when you said something about give you some dps that are pulling their weight something somethin somethin...but like deva says...that's just you being YOU!! :lol:

we're used to you at this point! :P |G
to one of them?