Vampire: Dark Ages - OOC Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Not that I am encouraging you to not be a "GT Purist," StoryTeller, but do you know of the hidden Writers Circle forum here on the Watch? No one but the members of that forum need know you joined, and while I am sure we will all enjoy reading your stories based on role playing concepts, you may get more concrete story writing advice there.

Merely a suggestion. I know the pride you take in being a GT Purist...
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Not only am I a GT purist, but I'm not seeking advice. Just a place to put it. (There is value, somehow, to the fact that others can read it. I'm not sure why. But I'm not particularly looking for feedback, just the knowledge that it's being consumed.)

Which isn't to say that I would ignore suggestions, but... I'm honestly not sure how where I'd draw the line between "helpful suggestion" and "someone changing my story". It would all be totally subjective, and totally me having a spaz when someone's suggestion crossed some line I didn't know existed. Then all of a sudden, I'd be resenting someone's advice.

Yeah, I know... I gotz issues. But I'm dealing with them in my own way.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

In coming news:

June 26th, Sabine and I will be going out of town for a little while. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Though, we'll be visiting all of the interesting Cirque de Soleil shows while we're there. Including Zumanity. We got front row seats, on the special two-person love-seat thingies.

We'll be back on the 2nd, though chances are good that we'll be online variously while we're there. Officially, it's a work trip for me; I'm going to the Cisco Networkers conference. But, it's unclear how much opportunity either of us will have for serious posting.

You were warned.
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Oh I'm very jealous. I've longed to see a Cirque de Soleil show. Also heard good things about Zumanity. They probably don't allow cameras, huh?

Post lots while in the room.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Experience Points

Alina: 1xp
Dante: 1xp
Erick: 1xp
Gedeminas: 1xp
Johann: 0xp
Olaf: 1xp
Sabine: 1xp
Seska: 1xp
Taduz: 1xp
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

OK all.
Please help the n00b who is new to this setting.

Other than Gediminas posting what he is doing, how do Talduz and Olaf know what he is doing to Roderigo via Auspex 4? He hasn't said if he learned anything, nor has Roderigo spoken regarding being probed.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

I didn't say I knew what he did, I saw Ged do "something" to the soul/spirit of Slave, and take something (OOC: memories), and I have no idea what he gained if anything, but I saw "something" happen.

And now, IC, it's added to our possible weapons.

Olaf? No clue, unless he's just trusting Taduz to not lie.

He trusts a Gypsy to be truthful. Hehe.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I guess that makes sense, but I am still learning the different Disciplines as I go and transcribe, although my retention of what I'm transcribing isn't all that good. How did Taduz see what he did see to Roderigo's soul/spirit? That is not what I am understanding so far. There is a Discipline that can detect the touch of Auspex on another?
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

When something does something unexpected, rampage through the ALL books to find what discpline/gift/sphere/lore/edge was used (Depending on game).

It also then helps you make a shopping list of "I want to do that!".
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

My hope is that as we transcribe all the powers, we can avoid the need for books while doing that.

Or, phrased differently, if stuff happens that you don't know about... you can be equally as surprised as your character. :)
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Fine, fine...
I'll keep transcribing and hope something sticks.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

I misspoke then, in this game, when something unknown happens, you rampage through all the threads of disciplines to find what happened.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Did it, and I think I found something that may account for it. If so, it is not one of the ones I transcribed. But, pretty cool. :)

Storyteller, is this the appropriate place to comment on your stories? I think I am going to really enjoy the clone one for certain, as it is similar in flavor to two of my favorite stories, Philip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (basis for the movie Bladerunner) and Isaac Asimov's Bicentennial Man. Both use androids/robots for the themes you are broaching; but I think I am going to very much enjoy the clone twist.
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Taduz Illyannovich wrote:I didn't say I knew what he did, I saw Ged do "something" to the soul/spirit of Slave, and take something (OOC: memories), and I have no idea what he gained if anything, but I saw "something" happen.

And now, IC, it's added to our possible weapons.

Olaf? No clue, unless he's just trusting Taduz to not lie.

He trusts a Gypsy to be truthful. Hehe.
Yeah, he trusts Taduz. If he finds out Taduz lied, the beating will commence. :) Such a simple, simple creature. :D
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Then Taduz had better make sure Olaf never finds out. Which is made easier because of how simple he is.

I guess this is as good a place as any to comment, though as I said, I'm not particularly looking for comments. So feel free to withhold detailed critiques.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Experience Points (this is actually for the week before I left, since I wasn't around last Monday to award it):

Dante: 0xp
Erick: 0xp
Johann: 0xp

I'll be catching up on the thread next, though my impression is that we're about ready to jump ahead to the next night. Conversation at the Inn has mostly petered out, and I think we're getting stuck here.

I'm also considering pulling Erick & Dante into their own thread (similar to Johann's thread) so that their stuff doesn't slow the rest of you down. I'll have to check if I can split my posts in their thread off from my posts in the main thread. Should be a fun technical puzzle, anyway.

Speaking of which, I don't suppose anyone's heard from those three? They haven't posted in a couple weeks (granted, I was gone for one of them, so that's not specifically actionable on my part, I was just curious).
Johann Von Braniff
Woodhelvennin

Post by Johann Von Braniff »

Ack! Okay, been really busy this summer so far. Went on a week long camping/hiking/ATV trip, when we got back from that, immediately started volunteering with Habitat for Humanity. Not to mention that Dad has us helping him with the attic renovation too. So, I've had little time to get online.

Will post something as soon as I figure out what I want to do.

Sorry all!
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Okay, I spun off a new thread for Erick & Dante. Per the forum admins, there's no way for me to do what I want to do with the previous posts, so the new thread will just pick up from "now".

I made some small updates to some nuances to Dominate 5 and Auspex 5.

And, the part you all really wanted... Experience!

And, I think that I'm going to go ahead and open up the game to additional players, if there are any who wish to join up. It would be based in Vienna, not necessarily connected with any of the events that have happened so far. But... it's possible that the two threads could interact at some point. I suspect that everyone who would want to play is already playing. Every once in a while, someone will pop into GT Talk and ask if there are any games going on... but the don't seem to be biting once they find out that there are. But, the option exists.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Welp, I have one confirmed new player for Vienna. I've been working out who all the players in town are, at least in very vague ways. As part of the idea of adding people to Vienna, instead of as the childer of the Conspiracy of Isaac, I've edited the character generation rules to allow for more clans and bloodlines. When next I have some time, I'll also update the list of disciplines and the backgrounds.
Gedeminas
Ramen

Post by Gedeminas »

I never responded to this:
I look to Gedeminas, the only known thought stealer in group, for confirmation of Jozsi/Judas' honesty
Because I was too busy trying to think of a way to say this:
she looked pointedly at Roderigo, Danukas, and Pierre. "Just that perhaps there are options available to us other than killing him where use of that arm may be justified."
But that didn't work out.

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”