Xar's (also) coming to California!

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Xar
Lord

Xar's (also) coming to California!

Post by Xar »

I'm all over the place! :D Apart from my trip to New England in September, I'll also visit California in the first half of November, spending about one week in San Diego for a conference and another week driving around and seeing the sights. So, which Watchers am I to meet this time? :D
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Go to San Francisco and you will be well taken care of, I'm sure! Same goes if there is any way you can make it up to the Olympia or Seattle area of Washington, I bet...
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

ME ME ME!!! San Francisco BABY!!!!
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

...as I was saying. ;)
You will take good care of Xar, right Jenn?
Fire Daughter
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Fire Daughter »

And I'll be right across the Bay in Berkeley. Heidi will be at Stanford. :)
For Myles--
When evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

For Mom--
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly...fly high against the sky...
Thank you, thank you, thank God for you
The wind beneath my wings

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Wow, Xar -- it's a harmonic convergence for sure... ;)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

aliantha wrote:Wow, Xar -- it's a harmonic convergence for sure... ;)
It's kinda fun, isn't it? :D I'll have about one week to travel around before the conference begins, after which I'll be more or less stationed in San Diego. But since I'm still working on the itinerary for that first week, it doesn't hurt to figure out who's there and who wants to meet. I don't know if I can visit everyone, but I do know I'll try to do what I can :) I suspect that between New England in September and California in November, I'll be adding quite a few names to the list of Watchers I've met in person :D

Incidentally, Brooke, I'll be passing through Stanford around mid-September as well... just sayin' :P
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

In San Francisco itself you have ME, Lucimay, Sorus, Bloodguard Bob and Webmonkey. There are also several close by people who could easily be persuaded to come to the city for Xarfest SF and if you are an FBH fan some meet and greets could be arranged with various cast members. Often if there is a larger gathering or special event, some of the others are willing to travel here as well. Damelon is a regular at all our SF events so he could probably be easily swayed to attend. As an added bonus I may even let you ride my scooter around the city. Plus November is my birth month which gives you even more reason to come celebrate it with me. Is it working? Are you convinced yet? :biggrin:

Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

I think the problem is that I'm with a friend, so we need to organize the itinerary jointly, and with seven days at our disposal, we won't be able to see everything we want, anyway. Ideally we would like to visit Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, since they're not that far away and we would rent a car; but if we do that, then we'd likely be unable to get to San Francisco - we'd probably turn inland in Los Angeles :( Right now we're discussing the itinerary, we'll see what we come up with...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Well, if you do the Grand Canyon, I'm fairly certain caam is on the way there from California. And if he can be found, Lurch is around there as well, I believe.

I'm also fairly certain Mephiston is planning a similar trip. Y'all may want to compare deals and/or routes found.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Grand Canyon? Vegas? BAH!!! BORING!!!! I'll show you pictures while you are visiting SF. Golden Gate, Ocean Beach, Chinatown, ME! Lucimay, Sorus, Coit Tower, MOMA, incredible food, ME! Lucimay, Sorus, Union Square, did I mention incredible food? You just gotta do it. Seriously. Vegas is hot and nasty and dirty and it's all about gambling and prostitution. The Grand Canyon is gorgeous but you go, you look, you stand in awe for a few moments and it's done. SF is alive and electric and beautiful and full of interesting people and places with tons to do and see and experience. Come to SF, you won't regret it. It's awesome.

caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

xar, you will be meeting me! I live about 5 hours fromSan Diego! I will drive out to meet you!
The King has one more move.
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

xar, you will be meeting me! I live about 5 hours fromSan Diego! I will drive out to meet you!
The King has one more move.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Allright people, I'll be in California from Nov 5 to Nov 18. Sorry for the last-minute warning, but we only decided the locations of the holiday portion a few days ago! I'll be in San Francisco until the end of the weekend, leaving town on sunday afternoon (that would be Nov 7, I think), then I'll be driving around northern California for a few days. The plan is to go along an inland route at first, stopping at Napa Valley and then driving north, and to come back along the coast on Nov 11. That day, we'll take a plane and reach San Diego, where I'll be stationed until Nov 18. I'll be somewhat busy with the conference during those days, but that shouldn't occupy every day (I'm planning to take one day to visit Los Angeles, for example) and certainly not every evening.

So, if anyone's around on short notice, let me know, I'd love to meet the West-Coast Watchers :D
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Count me IN!!!!

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I'm working all weekend but I'll try to figure something awesome out. Might be that I can swap a shift with one of the other managers.

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Ok, so as a tentative plan, I am going to try to swap shifts with another co-worker so that I won't be closing either Saturday or Friday night. Whichever one happens we will plan to have you over for the evening and all just hang out at the apartment for some snack food and drinks and lively conversation. I'll post more tomorrow after I know which night. If I can't swap we will have to do it Sunday so that means you can't leave until late in the day.

Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

I'll be staying at the Kabuki Hotel in SF, so you can leave messages for me over there. Hope to see several of you there ;) In San Diego, it'll be the Courtyard San Diego Downtown hotel - same goes there for messages. Let me know! I won't check the 'net too often while there, but I'll take a look once every day or two ;)
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Ok, managed to swap shifts with the new girl Jean so I have Friday evening off so that's the night we gather at my place. Any attendees may pm me for the details of location. Let's get the word out. I say from six on it's a happening deal. Got it?

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:Grand Canyon? Vegas? BAH!!! BORING!!!! I'll show you pictures while you are visiting SF. Golden Gate, Ocean Beach, Chinatown, ME! Lucimay, Sorus, Coit Tower, MOMA, incredible food, ME! Lucimay, Sorus, Union Square, did I mention incredible food? You just gotta do it. Seriously. Vegas is hot and nasty and dirty and it's all about gambling and prostitution. The Grand Canyon is gorgeous but you go, you look, you stand in awe for a few moments and it's done. SF is alive and electric and beautiful and full of interesting people and places with tons to do and see and experience. Come to SF, you won't regret it. It's awesome.
And SF has distilled chicken. And Amoeba records.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life

Return to “General Discussion Forum”