Xar's coming to New England!

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

We'll send pictures (like the one we took in front of the NYC library :D )!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

:grinlove:

Praise the AllFather I took that photo, instead of being in it...

...it is such a treat seeing Fist...uh Zephyr...being humble... ;)
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

I think it's a long shot, but just out of curiosity - is anyone here on the Watch attending or working at the New Jersey Medical School? I'll be giving a talk there on September 20...
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Allright, I'll be starting my trip to New England in one month from now... I think I need to know who's where and when, so I can organize things as much as possible, since I won't be traveling alone and I'm not sure whether my companions will want to do something else while I meet Watchers :D
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

If there's a Xarfest anywhere in MA, I could be there. If it's CT or RI, then I would be a maybe, it depends on the day.
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

I'm in NH, and could drive down to Mass. I don't know where everyone is coming from, but I'm pretty much down for whatever.
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Agree with MA as a good meeting spot.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Does anyone have any suggestions where in MA? I have no idea where everyone is, and I'm not really sure where any local watering holes are in MA. I just know I am North in relation. ;)
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Based on what Xar posted of his itinerary, it sounds like Boston is the best place. Some others have posted that Boston seems best as well.

I think sometime in the weekend of Sep 11-12 would probably be the best time, too.

Xar?
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

wayfriend wrote:Based on what Xar posted of his itinerary, it sounds like Boston is the best place. Some others have posted that Boston seems best as well.

I think sometime in the weekend of Sep 11-12 would probably be the best time, too.

Xar?
Boston would be great, it wouldn't be any problem (though I may be a little jet-lagged ;) ). That would be good for most of you who leave nearby, I imagine. And for those like Fist who could not make it or who would prefer to meet somewhere closer to NYC (or Mystic), we can organize a separate meeting there (I'm somehow sure that Fist would try to meet both in Mystic and NYC if he had his way, especially if Pantheon results are due at the time ;) ).
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Name the Bar or Restaurant and I'll likely be there!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Brinn wrote:Name the Bar or Restaurant and I'll likely be there!
Don't look at me, I've never been to Boston :P I hope that some Watcher from over there will pick a nice restaurant (hint hint)...
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Xar wrote:
Brinn wrote:Name the Bar or Restaurant and I'll likely be there!
Don't look at me, I've never been to Boston :P I hope that some Watcher from over there will pick a nice restaurant (hint hint)...
I will talk to some peeps and get some recommendations. brb
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Any Italian place in the North End rocks if you want Sicillian style Italian. For nostalgia and fabulous seafood with live blues there is a place underneath Fanuil Hall. There is also a famous Irish pub that was known for it's Irish mafia ties and I can't remember the exact name but I think it was "The Stinking Rose" but it has been a few years and I may be confusing it with a pub in SF. There are also several good seafood joints along the waterfront over by the Aquarium. Does that help you guys? (notes from a former Boston resident) OH and if you opt for the North End I suggest Mike's Bakery for some incredibly amazing mouth watering succulent addictive as crack cannolis.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:Any Italian place in the North End rocks if you want Sicillian style Italian. For nostalgia and fabulous seafood with live blues there is a place underneath Fanuil Hall. There is also a famous Irish pub that was known for it's Irish mafia ties and I can't remember the exact name but I think it was "The Stinking Rose" but it has been a few years and I may be confusing it with a pub in SF. There are also several good seafood joints along the waterfront over by the Aquarium. Does that help you guys? (notes from a former Boston resident) OH and if you opt for the North End I suggest Mike's Bakery for some incredibly amazing mouth watering succulent addictive as crack cannolis.
No offense meant, but I'll veto the Italian restaurants... as selfish as it may sound, if I want to eat Italian I can do so at home, and probably in a more genuine fashion ;) But keep the suggestions coming!

Is it a good moment to say I still have no idea who's coming to Boston and who wants to meet on the road and/or in NYC? And yes, Fist, I know that you're there on both counts ;)
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

How' seafood sound? The East Coast Grill & Raw Bar in Cambridge is excellent!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I defer to those wiser than I. (Alas, the Commonwealth Brewery is no more.)
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Whoops, forgot where you were from for a moment there.... my bad. :oops: I just have a serious soft spot for the North End.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Having seen Jaz's Facebook wall, it sounds as if she is getting some good recommendations there. I am looking forward to seeing what she decides to suggest. :)
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Where is High Lord Tolkien in all of this?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”