For those of us who can't wait

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

dlbpharmd
Lord

For those of us who can't wait

Post by dlbpharmd »

If you have iTunes, AATE is available for pre-order, along with a sample which includes all of the first chapter and first half of the second chapter, which I've just finished reading. That might hold me over til next Tuesday. ;)
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

DAMN! Next Tuesday!
I think I'm gonna take the week off and do a re-read from the beginning.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Berenford
Stonedownor

Re: For those of us who can't wait

Post by Berenford »

dlbpharmd wrote:If you have iTunes, AATE is available for pre-order, along with a sample which includes all of the first chapter and first half of the second chapter, which I've just finished reading. That might hold me over til next Tuesday. ;)
Thanks for this. I have an iPad, so at your instigation I downloaded the free preview and re-read chapter 1 and the extract of chapter 2. This was my first experience of extended reading of an iBook, and I must say that I am impressed, particularly in the case of reading SRD: whenever I encountered a word whose meaning I didn't know or couldn't recall, I just tapped on it, tapped on "Dictionary", and voila! Instant word power. That, price, portability, and early availability (compared to UK hardcover) mean that I am seriously considering buying the iBook version.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I have an iPad as well. I've read the iBooks versions of ROTE and FR in preparation for the release of AATE, and I greatly prefer the iBook version of AATE to the earlier works. Do you have any idea how soon it will be delivered to your iPad?
Berenford
Stonedownor

Post by Berenford »

dlbpharmd wrote:I have an iPad as well. I've read the iBooks versions of ROTE and FR in preparation for the release of AATE, and I greatly prefer the iBook version of AATE to the earlier works. Do you have any idea how soon it will be delivered to your iPad?
I haven't ordered yet, but I assume it would be available for download on the UK publication date (not before).
Berenford
Stonedownor

Post by Berenford »

Berenford wrote: I haven't ordered yet, but I assume it would be available for download on the UK publication date (not before).
Or, of course, the US publication date if you have an account at the US iTunes store, as I now remember I do.

Return to “Against All Things Ending”