World of Warcraft

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Damelon, this'll not be worth much if they've already released, but if not you can click on the ?Developer version? download for an auctioneer that works in 4.0.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Downloaded yesterday afternoon and installed overnight. Haven't played, since my account is still inactive.

I'm a bit torn with the new tree. As a blood devotee, I guess I'll have to go to tanking for main spec, and I'm tempted to defy logic, common sense, and Blizzard and keep blood for off-spec dps. Can someone point out where I'm wrong for thinking that it's viable up to heroics, even if the mastery gimps it for raiding? I'm looking at something like this.

Of course, that's assuming I play again before Cataclysm. If not, I'll probably make my fury worgen warrior (Ryllandaras) my main dps, and let Raest finally live up to his name and go frost for dps..
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Well, my DK is Blood Tank / Unholy DPS. Tested him on DPS spec in Old Kingdom and he was adequate (was top damage but no where the DPS numbers he should have.)

I have respeced and reglyphed (thanks Aber!) 7 of my 9 80s. I have tested them all. Tanking a bit more of a challenge. Bear - Swipe and Pally - Consec not the pick-em-all-up and hold-em that they used to be!! But I am sure I will settle in. I have healed on Shammy, Druid (first time!), and Priest (Deva) as Holy (I dropped Shadow so am now Disc & Holy.) Holy was fun.

Since I was able to use a beta version of Healbot for 4.0.1, I have not found as much of a change to heals as I did to Tanking.

I am looking forward to the ICC run tonight to see how my warlock does with DPS.

They joys of a new major patch! Oh ... and we can now random till our eyes bleed to gear out all toons in T10s and 264s! :D
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Syl, I think your main problem is the lack of talent tree passives that increase your damage done. You're automatically around 25% below the dps specs, before you account for the tuning of abilities and talents. As Blood you will also lack a potent runic power dump, as Rune Strike, the intended dump, is only usable in Blood Presence.

Madadeva wrote:Pally - Consec not the pick-em-all-up and hold-em that they used to be!!
Welcome to two years ago, when Consecration stopped being that.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Kelleta wrote:If I had a place to store the file and let you download it from me I would sorus but I stopped paying for hosting and web storage a long time ago
Would you be willing to stick the files on a flash drive if I mailed you a drive and return postage? I'm about out of options. Download from work isn't going to be possible, and I just got done talking with AT&T, who claims that I should be 'experiencing rapid download speeds with my connection'. I hate asking for help, but I'd also hate to have to stop playing just because my system won't download a stupid patch that it's completely capable of running.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Finally at 70%.

/sigh
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Sorus wrote:
Kelleta wrote:If I had a place to store the file and let you download it from me I would sorus but I stopped paying for hosting and web storage a long time ago
Would you be willing to stick the files on a flash drive if I mailed you a drive and return postage? I'm about out of options. Download from work isn't going to be possible, and I just got done talking with AT&T, who claims that I should be 'experiencing rapid download speeds with my connection'. I hate asking for help, but I'd also hate to have to stop playing just because my system won't download a stupid patch that it's completely capable of running.
dray says he wants to help in anyway he can sorus, if you want to send a flash drive or he can make a disc for you and mail it to me and i can bring it to you or...they are discussing in vent right now what could be done and how to do it cause we all misses our soruses. :(

get in vent with us tomorrow and lets hack it out and figure out what we can do the most efficiently and quickly. i have an available flash drive that we can use if we need to. whatever we can do lets get you up and runnin.
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Does anyone know where they hid the profession skills information? It used to be on the character tab, but it's not there now. Kind of important for skills that don't have a tab to make recipes.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I remember they moved it out of the general tab, but don't recall where.

<edit> Ah.
Your professions will appear under a separate tab in the spellbook. Profession-related spells will also be there instead of under General.
link
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

It's also found by pressing K, which was the old keybind for the Skills pane.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I should wait until after the next patch, since I will probably have problems with that one too.

Just sorta going crazy here, had an awful week and really want to play. Oh well.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Sorus wrote:I should wait until after the next patch, since I will probably have problems with that one too.

Just sorta going crazy here, had an awful week and really want to play. Oh well.
whatever we do for this patch we'll do for the next patch and the next and whatever.

its just not the same without you there. :(
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Thanks. I see it now. Not used to looking for anything there.

Overall, I'm kind of getting there. I still can't get Auctioneer to work, a pain for my BE paladin, who I've been working on the most recently. There's a lot of stuff he's putting up on the AH.

The other problem appears to be with Bartender. It is acting up on the characters I have that I don't use the add-on on. On any on ones that I have that don't use Bartender,(Generally, any character I have under lvl 70 or so.) the numbers aren't responsive on the action bar. If I activate the add on the characters the bar becomes responsive.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Auctioneer's working fine for me apart from one error on login. You should disable Enchantrix and Enchantrix Barker for now.

They put out a working preview version a few days ago, do you have that?

auctioneeraddon.com/dl/#preview
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I went to the site and downloaded what they said was the most recent version, yesterday. That doesn't mean I didn't screw it up somehow. I'm going to take a further look at it when my mouse recharges. (It died right after I killed that annoying demon in Hellfire that has the gate key who respawns about 30 seconds after you kill him.)

I have no idea what's going on with the Bartender problem. I uninstalled it and the numbers still don't show on the action bar. Something else is wrong there. I think I may just uninstall everything and restore it one by one and find out which add on is the trouble maker.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Make sure it was the "preview version", the most recent "release version" is five months old.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

So I couldn't upgrade to WotLK over the long weekend because housekeeping couldn't get my safe open so I could retrieve my credit card (ARGH!).

Got it now, so may try again tonight.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

WOOHOO! Welcome to Dalaran! (Thanks Lucimay |G)

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

I have never played World of Warcraft, so the only thing I add to this discussion is a fruitless post.

Job done.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I just bought Cataclysm.

us.battle.net/en/info/presale

Return to “PC & Console Games”