World of Warcraft

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Murrin wrote:I just bought Cataclysm.

us.battle.net/en/info/presale
woooo hooooo!!! :biggrin:
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

I just saw an ad for Cataclysm...
I haven't played in quite a while...
Did I just see a huge Dragon wrecking the Barrens?!?
Is that trailer-poetic-license? Or is it really gonna be trashed?
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

The Barrens becomes two seperate zones - North Barrens and South Barrens - split by a chasm of lava opened by Deathwing's escape from Deepholme.

No license there. :D
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Very much literal. The bit at the end where he lands on the entrance to Stormwind? In game there are claw marks on the towers, and work crews attempting to pick the statue back up.

They've rebuilt the original continents from the ground up.

Edit: Gotta love Blizzard's tongue-in-cheek approach sometimes:
For those of you who attended or watched BlizzCon 2010 and claimed a Deathy pet, you may have noticed that he’s acting strange. In fact, he seems to think he’s Grunty the Murloc Marine. This is an unintended consequence of the groupthink from which all murlocs suffer. Deathy will be undergoing an extensive rehabilitation program and should be acting appropriately destructive once his idol, Deathwing, shatters the world in an upcoming patch that will debut prior to the release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Things are heating up. Org is under attack. AH was unusable there.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Yeah, it's been going on for nearly a week now. :P

Every few hours, IF, SW, Org and TB are invaded by elementals. If you successfully defeat the attack, it opens new 5-man bosses for half an hour.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Well folks, tomorrow is the day for the biggest change ever to happen to World of Warcraft. The entirety of the original WoW game's outdoor content will be taken apart and put back together again, a whole new level 1-60 experience for every player. Apart from what is left of the raids (everything minus Onyxia, Naxx, and Zul Gurub), vanilla WoW will be gone forever.

Say goodbye to the world we know.

(And remember to move your toons to a more convenient location than Dalaran - the portals are going bye-bye.)
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

The portals are going?!!! 8O

Where will the best home base be? Shatt? Or will those portals go as well?

Will our old world FPs go too?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Stormwind once Cataclysm launches. For now, whatever seems most convenient to you.

Flight paths: no, but there are a lot of new ones to pick up. I mean a lot - your map will be very crowded when you visit the flight master.
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

Uggh, I so don't want to cave in when this gets released.

I give myself about a month after the launch date before I get sucked back in to a world of embarrassing credit card bills and fits of self-loathing during owlbeast massacres at 5am.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

They really did a makeover on Org. It's got a kind of a medieval Bladerunner feel to it. I like it, though I miss the old meeting place on top of the bank.

I had a mid thirty's character wake up in Thousand Needles to find itself surrounded by raging 40's elementals, otherwise everyone was more or less aligned right.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I can't log in to the game or battle.net. It's either something to do with my authenticator or my account needs to be reset by a GM.

Edit: GM says my account isn't locked. Contacted support to have my authenticator removed.
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

Damelon wrote:They really did a makeover on Org. It's got a kind of a medieval Bladerunner feel to it. I like it, though I miss the old meeting place on top of the bank.

I had a mid thirty's character wake up in Thousand Needles to find itself surrounded by raging 40's elementals, otherwise everyone was more or less aligned right.
Is Gamon still there? D:
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Gamon = level 85 elite who crits people for 90k.

Also: Still unable to log in. Need Blizz to remove authenticator from my account, GM who picked up my ticket is likely home for the weekend.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

/facepalm
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

Murrin wrote:Gamon = level 85 elite who crits people for 90k.
I think this just cemented my resolve to sign up again :(
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Has Archeology not actually been released yet? When I talk to the Darnassus trainer I get a blank archeology-coloured window.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

It won't be in until Cataclysm launches, and requires you to have purchased the expansion.
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

Well after spending all weekend downloading a 5GB patch it turns out the game is broken for OSX 10.5. Which is probably for the best :(
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

My Apologies for this stupid question but I,m thinking of giving this a go as I wont be working a great deal over the next two months so were and what i start with considering this new release ie never played this before heard its very addictive when started any suggestions would be appreciated regards cle ;)
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!

Return to “PC & Console Games”