ebook

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

All combined, about 8 MB.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Forestal
Bloodguard

Post by Forestal »

thats a damn big book! well we already knew that...

the question is, who would bother takinga ll that time in2 putting the crons on2 their pc??
"Damn!!! Wildwood was unbelievably cool!!!!!" - Fist&Faith
"Yeah Forestal is the one to be bowed to!! All hail Forestal of the pantaloon intelligencia!" - Skyweir

I'm not on the Watch often, but I always return eventually.
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

It makes quoting reaaaaaaal easy :)

*eyes Fist..."watch out Your Majesty, I'm armed and dangerous now!!!"* :twisted:
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Forestal
Bloodguard

Post by Forestal »

:LOLS:
"Yeah Forestal is the one to be bowed to!! All hail Forestal of the pantaloon intelligencia!" - Skyweir

Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

*smiles sweetly* ;)
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Forestal
Bloodguard

Post by Forestal »

heh, u cant fool me with that... *stares blankly*... what were you saying? *drools*

:LOLS:

Roynish
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Roynish »

Now you are going to want evey person on this dam forum wanting a copy of the chronicles for the PC. Look I/we are attempting to complie a definitive and expanded list of Donaldson's language. I think a text copy would obviously be an incredible time saver. Search words etc obviously.
If you can send me a copy that would be brilliant. I just noticed your last message I will PM you with details.
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

can You send me a copy syl??? -please

I own all six books in paperback

(I'll pm you my e-mail address)
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Sure thing.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Mikey

eBook Request

Post by Mikey »

Hi Syl and everyone else in this thread.

I remember reading the chronicles of the white gold wielder almost 15 years ago now and couldn't put it down. Since then, I've read them on a rotating basis of around 2 to 3 years. Unlike Tolkien's books, the chronicles are easier to pick up again.

I was searching to replace my old (and very worn out) copies of the chronicles when I decided it was time to keep an electronic copy that won't wear out and allow me to transfer them from media to media as computer and PDA technology changes.

I wanted to buy the eBook but 8O NO ONE 8O sells them. I have a Sony Clie T665C and have read many ebooks on it.

The only reference I can find of an eBook for the chronicles was this thread (picked up from some creative Googling).

Can I PLEASE have a copy? Even if they are still in MS Word or RTF format? My temporary email address is stone_saiyan@yahoo.com.au

Thanks. :D
AMOK
Stonedownor

Post by AMOK »

Oooh hey! I can put the books on my PDA if I want to. 8O :D 8) DERrr! Can't believe it took me so long to figure this one out. Now I can sneak a read at work and act like I'm doing that - er - uh - keeping up with contact thingy that you are supposed to do to get ahead.
But hear then, for good or ill. I fulfill the law of my creation. My maker can require no more of me.
UrLord
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by UrLord »

must....have...electronic version...
AMOK
Stonedownor

Post by AMOK »

I've got the electronic version thanks to Syl! Tonight - I am going to transfer them to my PDA. The only reason why they aren't there now is because I forgot that I could do that with them. Yes, I am a Computer Engineer. Yes, I've been using / playing with / working on computers for about 25 years. Yes, I've been experiencing a senior moment since Syl emailed the books to me. :oops:

So like... Hey - not trying to change the subject or anything but er - uh - They Caught Saddam! Wahooo! And like - we landed on the moon!!

I just wish "they" would hurry up and start producing that Auto Movie Maker device - you know, the one that scans a book and comes out with an animated version of the story a la Finding Nemo. That and the Transporter so I can take those power trips to SRD's house over lunch so I can free him up with the whole sandwich and adult beverage thing (and get some sneak peaks at what's coming up!)
But hear then, for good or ill. I fulfill the law of my creation. My maker can require no more of me.
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

Is this still available? What type of PDA does it take?

I have a Visor Handspring, but I'm not sure it has much memory.
mhorgel
Servant of the Land

Post by mhorgel »

I have Pocket PC and would dearly love to have an electronic version of the Chronicles. I have owned all of them at least once, most of them at least 3 times. I read them every few years.

Mark
AMOK
Stonedownor

Post by AMOK »

1. If you have a program on your PDA that accepts MS Word Documents - it will work - just convert the rich text format (.RTF) to MW Word format.
2. If not, I think that most PDAs have a program that will read regular text format files (.TXT) - just convert the .RTF to .TXT.
3. If you have an ebook compiler (I think you can get one from the internet for about $25.00) - most PDAs have an ebook reader.

I've just read LFB on my Palm m515 - quite fun! Man is that a good book (major understatement)!! Just starting on TIW. That last few times I've read TIW, I've included Gilden Fire in the middle somewhere - because yes, I am a mutant. Unfortunately, my copy of Gildenfire is packed in storage because my stuff was overtaking my apartment. So I guess I won't be doing that this time.

BYW - just open MS Word load the .RTF file and save it as either a .DOC file or .TXT file. MY PDA would not read .RTF Files.

Happy ebooking!
mhorgel
Servant of the Land

Post by mhorgel »

Where do I get the files? My e-mail is mhorgel@insightbb.com if anybody will e-mail me a copy. I think I have a 5 mb limit for a single e-mail attachment.

Thanks,
Mark
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I hate to say this, but I've decided to stop emailing copies of the books. With the ever-increasing size of the Watch, new Chronicles coming out, new publisher and all, and a probable link to the official SRD site, I do not think it's wise. I can't really see a bootleg market for this material (it's not the kind of thing you'd go looking for if you didn't already have the books), but that's not a matter for me to judge. There are copies out there (I found mine somewhere), and members here who might be inclined to share with friends and such.

Again, sorry.
-Syl-
-George Steiner
geraintwd

am I too late?

Post by geraintwd »

Hi,

I just found this forum from google. Good to see Donaldson has a big following online. A colleague lent me the Gap series which blew me away and I have just finished reading his copy (1 volume paperback) of the first chronicles of Thomas Covenant. I couldn't put the book down and I was really looking forward to reading the 2nd chronicles.

My colleague lent me his copy (again, a single volume in paperback) but when I opened it I discovered to my horror that pages 15-72 inclusive are missing! The maps go up to page 14 so from the maps up to the middle of chapter 4 ("You Are Mine" according to the ToC) is gone.

From the above you should be able to realise that I actually do have a copy of the book, even though it is not my own and was only lent to me. Therefore could someone on this forum please email me the 2nd chronicles or just the relevant section (from "What has gone before" up to Ch.5 "Thunder and Lightning" inclusive), whichever is easiest. My email address is gwd at cvd dot plc dot uk.

I would be really happy if anyone is willing to do this so I can read the 2nd chronicles - I have been really looking forward to it!

Finally, Syl mentions new Chronicles coming out. Do you have information regarding a 3rd book?? If so please let me know where I can find details.

Many thanks!

GWD
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I take it he gave you the Del Rey paperback of The Wounded Land, which is notorious for it's bad gluing and pages falling out. I don't know what u mean by the 3rd book...There r 4 books, in all, that will comprise the 3rd Chronicles--go to "The News That Sets SRD Fandom on Fire" thread (above) 2 learn all the, proposed, names. 8)
fall far and well Pilots!

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”