What have you been dreaming about lately?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Shuram Gudatetris
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Shuram Gudatetris »

danlo wrote:
Cag wrote:David Bowie was there. He asked me to slap his face, so I did, and then he asked me to slap it harder, and I did. Then he planted a strong kiss my lips
Spoiler
Sounds like the beginning of AATE! :haha:
:lol: LMAO . . . very funny, danlo! :)
Covenant is Linden Frankenstein's monster.

I maxed-out Tetris!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Danlo: :lol:

Cag: So it was the *girls* who were confused, huh? :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

Last night I had a dream that reminded me of this thread in Mallory's that I started way back in 2008.
Also, the dream contains references to AATE but does not contain spoilers.

I dreamt that I was sitting at a table with Creator and another KWer (whose identity was different every time I looked at him--at one point he was SBG) and we were talking to Menolly by speakerphone while I browsed the AATE forum on my laptop. While we were talking, I had an incredibly complicated insight involving Linden and Foul, and the importance of large shipments of socks being less taxable than other items of clothing. It was such a good insight, I felt compelled to share it with the rest of KW, but I didn't feel like typing the extremely long explanation that would necessarily accompany such an insight. Creator offered to type it for me, but then he couldn't figure out how to phrase everything I'd said in a way that made sense, and Menolly couldn't remember what I'd said in the first place. The other KWer's presence was too ambiguous to merit typing, so I scrolled down to the bottom of the appropriate thread to type it myself. The penultimate post in the thread caught my attention because it contained a rather bizarre photograph of a pond plant floating down a stream and labeled "Freebeard". I paused to try to figure out why it had been posted there by Zarathustra, who is not in the habit of random picture posts. I gave up and started typing. Then I woke up.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Not sure this qualifies, but yesterday morning at 5 am my 3yr old woke up screaming, because Cookie Monster was in his crib beat up, hurt, and crying.

Cookie Monster (our hand puppet) was downstairs on the living room floor just fine.

Our 3yr old failed to go back to sleep. :roll: but I love him anyway :D
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

rdhopeca wrote:Not sure this qualifies, but yesterday morning at 5 am my 3yr old woke up screaming, because Cookie Monster was in his crib beat up, hurt, and crying.

Cookie Monster (our hand puppet) was downstairs on the living room floor just fine.

Poor li'l guy! :(

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

rdhopeca wrote:Not sure this qualifies, but yesterday morning at 5 am my 3yr old woke up screaming, because Cookie Monster was in his crib beat up, hurt, and crying.

Cookie Monster should pay his protection money :lol:
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

aliantha wrote:

I'll admit to having a little less patience with his inability to go back to sleep at 5am, than say, 6am...or even 11pm...
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

rdhopeca wrote:
aliantha wrote:

I'll admit to having a little less patience with his inability to go back to sleep at 5am, than say, 6am...or even 11pm...
:lol: Well, yeah, I see your point!

EZ Board Survivor

Zahir
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zahir »

I've been having nightmares.
"O let my name be in the Book of Love!
It be there, I care not of the other great book Above.
Strike it out! Or, write it in anew. But
Let my name be in the Book of Love!" --Omar Khayam
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Zahir wrote:I've been having Night Mares*.
Damn, why don't the Ranyhyn visit me too :? :(

*Edited "nightmares" to "Night Mares" for comedic effect/license. :oops:
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Last Friday night I had a very vivid dream that I was a cat playing with and rolling around with some fresh nip. 8) Good dream, a lot of fun. 8)

Mentioned it to my husband Saturday morning on the drive down to Columbus and he said "Well that explains it!"

I guess I spent a good chunk of the night rolling all over the bed and him, and batting at him!
8O :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Love as thou wilt.

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I dreamed about shipwrecks. They scared me. They were very large.
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

I've been repeatedly having very strange action-movie-type dreams, with coherent plots and a real feeling of danger. If I wrote them down, I could very easily become the next Dean Koontz.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Maybe Dean Koontz woke up one morning and thought, "hey, I could be the next Robert Ludlum!" ;)

I fell asleep on the couch recently after watching The Grudge on TV. Had a dream where some random dream stuff was happening, suddenly the dead chick popped up and did her menacing croaking thing. My immediate, startled reaction was to punch her in the face. She ran away. Made me wonder why no-one in the movie tried that...
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

I hardly ever remember dreams (and I don't sleep much anyway) but tonight I dreamt that our landlord had detatched our porch. He said he wanted to build a new one and I was like "Darn, I bet it's gonna be another example of his usual bungling that'll only make things worse".

He also had our fence removed so that the cows from the grazing land above all came into our garden. And the cows only had one sturdy horn on the forehead. Freud anyone?

Funny thing is that we moved and had our own house for three years now, so there's no landlord anymore ...
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I had a dream that a huge, spindly spider was on my leg. I hate spider dreams.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Imagine how the spider feels, having dreams about you.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

I just dreamt that I was trying to go "somewhere". I was standing on a dock/pier and this flotilla of floating pieces of scrap metal, barely held together floats up to the pier. A young girl hops from one piece to the other and comes to me and points to a big old brown leather lounge chair placed in the middle of the floating scrap. She tells me if I want to go wherever I have to hop down off the pier and sit on the lounge chair. I become very scared, tell the ferry guy I am not steady on my feet. He tells me this is the only way. Eventually, bitching all the way (of course) I get onto the metal but refuse to sit in the chair. Being the new yorker I am I shout at the ferryman if I fall into the water I WILL OWN THIS ....whatever it was. The flotilla begins to move off into murky blackness and as we move into the water we keep coming up to boats and almost hit them.

by now my heart is slamming and I woke up.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I had a strangely self-referential dream last night.

After (and this is inexplicable) sitting with my dad and watching wrestling on tv ( :? ), I went downstairs to the bedrooms. No idea why they were downstairs, they just were. They turned out to be laid out like my mum's living room and dining room. Meh. Anyway, a woman called Deborah from a place I worked five years ago was there, getting ready for bed. I think she was meant to be my dad's wife (my parents have been divorced for over 25 years). She was fiddling with some sort of really complex brightness switch on a standard lamp in the corner, and asked me to adjust it for her and then switch it on, which I did. As I moved to sit on a big reclining chair, Deborah suddenly admitted that she had deliberately had me be the last person to switch the lamp on before it got late, because this meant I'd be the one 'she' comes for now. There was a distinct fear of death about her as she told me a bit out the mysterious 'she'. Deborah explained that 'she' is the one who rules this area and this time she'll come for me instead of for Deborah. There was more, but I don't remember it, except that Deborah had been visited before and thought she'd been lucky to survive previous visits.

Anyway, come 'she' did, pretty soon thereafter. I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, but I could feel her, and I knew the feeling. As a result, I was in abject terror, but it's a feeling I've grown used to forcing down. "It's you," I said. "I've had stuff like this loads of times. I've told you before, you can f*&% right off." This may sound defiant but I was mortally terrified. I had indeed encountered her before, in previous nightmares. That's why I recognised the feeling of her presence. Then, for the first time, I saw her. I don't know why she became visible this time. She was a dark-haired child of maybe ten years old, in a wheelchair. We spoke, that was all, but I can't describe the sense of menace. I don't remember what we spoke about, but eventually I went into the kitchen to find Deborah, who seemed much relieved that she wasn't the one being visited this time. I could tell she was pretending nothing out of the ordinary was happening, because even though she knew it was, she couldn't detect it and was able to pretend everything was fine. I said, "You know, she isn't so bad compared to some of them. Not nearly as bad as the guy who climbs around the walls. You know, on the outside of the house." (the subject of several previous nightmares, and merely mentioning him was so frightening I had to push the thought from my mind)

That's pretty much where it concluded. I can't adequately convey the fear I felt in this dream, but the thing that really unsettled me was the references to other dreams. While I was talking to 'her', we both knew we'd met before. And I think we both knew we met in nightmares, or at least that the place where we were now meeting wasn't the only possible...plane, or whatever, that I could be in. The thing is, I'd forgotten those other nightmares until I was asleep again. I had no waking recollection of them, so it's not like I'd been dwelling on them or anything. It's dreams like this that make me feel like my dream state is almost a second life.

Scary stuff.
Last edited by CovenantJr on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

I just dreamed I was DM'ing a D-n-D session. Been a long time since I've done that...but this dream was an exact, and realistic recreation of an actual session that I DID run all those years ago...as far as I could recall, once I woke up, every person in the dream--game was identical to the real game... same people, they were playing the same char's, I was telling the same story, it was in the same room, same big antique table with a huge hex-grid map on it...every possible detail identical, until I stood up---as I had done, in the real session---to go outside and have a smoke and show them my new tattoo...at that point, everyone, including me, began screaming and running in terror to get away from the office chair in front of my computer....I woke up, sweating with my heart pumping so hard I could physically FEEL my carotids pulsing in my neck [not using my hand, I mean feel it with my neck itself].
I kinda laughed to myself, took a few breaths, went back to sleep pretty quickly.
But, when I did eventually wake up, on my way to get my coffee, I suddenly, pure reflex, sank and pivoted into a cat stance and started to throw an iron palm at my office chair...
I'm starting to think I'm a little stressed about moving from NY to MN this weekend.....
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”