Pantheon: The Third Age - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I was under the impression that one of the main drawbacks of manifestation was that you're limited to seeing and acting in the local area.

You're missing my tone there. I'm sarcastic and pedantic, not cranky. :P

Edit:
Manifested gods do not know what happens to their followers in other parts of the world: they only receive events related to the area they are manifested in. Their consciousness does not encompass the whole world while they're focused on a physical form.
Yes, I went to the rulebook. ;)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

And yet, it happens. I will be more than shocked if your results don't mention what happens on Noptae.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

It might be most fair to wait in-game dialogue until all have their results. But really up to those who do not have results.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

From what I see, none of the stats, W&E, nor map threads have been updated. Since Xar said he didn't get to processing those who stayed behind, I guess the bet between Zephyr and I will have to be declared a draw.

I received the same "results" as Zephyr, word for word. I am hoping even though I most likely won't receive any further results since I manifested and entered The Mists, that when updated the W&E thread will give at least some hint to a non-DRP action I had my followers do.

Until then I'll operate on the adage posted a ways back that if you do not hear anything regarding a non-DRP action one can assume all went as stated...
...I hope.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

(Edit: RE Mada's post) I can't disagree. However, I'm not at all able to sit on this. Any who think I am have not been paying attention. :lol: But I don't really see it making a difference. We can't discuss the things that happened outside the Mists, because we don't know what did. And discussing what happened in the Mists won't have any bearing on that stuff anyway.

But I'm already getting the shakes thinking about how far away deadline is. If Xar gets results to them by maybe the 20th? And they'll need time to consider what they're going to do, and contact others for various reasons... We're looking at a December deadline!!!!!
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

O-gon-cho wrote:Until then I'll operate on the adage posted a ways back that if you do not hear anything regarding a non-DRP action one can assume all went as stated...
...I hope.
If that's the case, then the Shaldir Bleed is now closed, and I'll take care of the rest asap. :LOLS: I have some followers who are extraordinarily powerful. I've given them enhancements to try to combat the Bleeds and their denizens, and just told them how to go about fixing it. I haven't heard it didn't work, but I'll bet it didn't work. :lol:
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

The most interesting part of my turn happened before going into the Mists, and since I don't know how that turned out, I don't have much to talk about for the moment.

Actually, with the manifesting thing and this bit:
they saw with horror the full manifestation of the shrouded God of Peace, seeking the Arc and gathering the power of oblivion in his hands.
Well... :twisted:
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Pam, I went into the Mists as well and I didn't get results.
The King has one more move.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

The 'results' were the same (a PDF for all) and they included our submission. Perhaps rushed for the plane he missed yours! Share it please - since Fist has already shared all else! :P

[Or pehaps you scared him so much that he couldn't bear to share it! ;) ]
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Yes, Eric was kind enough to share his. I'm just hoping there is some reason why I was omitted from that email. I hope it wasn't just because I was forgotten about. :(
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

caamora wrote:Pam, I went into the Mists as well and I didn't get results.
Arcadia wrote:Yes, Eric was kind enough to share his. I'm just hoping there is some reason why I was omitted from that email. I hope it wasn't just because I was forgotten about. :(
|G

caam/Arcadia, I am certain you weren't forgotten about.

In reviewing the pdf, only seven of the (how many, nine? ten? more?) deities who entered the Mists were quoted. I know for certain of two other Sunrise deities who told me they were going to enter, yet neither were quoted. I do not know if either received the pdf, but I can check with them as they seem to be MIA here in the Pantheon proper since it was sent.

I also do not know if either had anything to say, or if they entered the Mists strictly as a sign of solidarity with the rest of us. In any case, perhaps The AllFather used those who he quoted to compile the email send, but since he was preparing for a journey himself, did not double check his records of everyone who entered.

And who knows?
Maybe he intends to give you yours personally when y'all get together in San Diego. ;)

But rest assured you were not forgotten.
Of this I am certain.
|G
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Allright, I'm back and I think I've dealt with the workload that had accumulated in my absence, so now I can finally complete the processing of the turn... sorry for the long wait!

Also, I should apologize to those of you who entered the Mists and did not receive the pdf file; while I purposefully avoided mentioning all the deities who had entered the Mists in that story, you all should have received the file, except that I was in a hurry and one or two names may have slipped past my mind when I started preparing the letter :(
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Bangarang!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

And the AllFather waves his hands in arcane gestures .... sentinel ravens appear by the hundreds and surround Zephy!!

Power pulses!!!

And as they fly away the transformation is revealed!

Zephyr has become .... PETER PAN!!!
Fist and Faith wrote:Bangarang!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

LOL!!!!!
The King has one more move.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Wait, but isn't somebody else already playing Mox?
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

If Fist is Peter
Does that make Xar...Captain Hook?
Well, I guess that fits...

Mox makes a good Smee
Who is cho cut out to be?
Tinkerbell, of course!
Yes, I am an alt
Whose? An open secret to
Attentive Watchers
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Tinkerbell???
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

Not the old song's words:
"Everyone knows it's Wendy"
Might smooth her feathers
Yes, I am an alt
Whose? An open secret to
Attentive Watchers
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Captain Hook would probably have to be the departed Nor Yekith! I guess, with magical powers, the AllFather would just have to be tinkerbell!!

8O

Return to “Pantheon”