The big decision...

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

Seeker of Truth
Ramen

The big decision...

Post by Seeker of Truth »

Hobnobs or digestive biscuits ..... which is the best for dunking into tea/coffee??
It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchett - Jingo
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

OK...from a purely health standpoint, hobnobs...cuz they have oats, and oats are pretty much superior to wheat in every way [except I don't think their is any way to make oat rise]

From a personal standpoint, if you're dipping crap in your coffee, you are destroying the coffee...so cut it out.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

How does this relate to AATE?
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Vraith -- note SoT's location and that he did mention tea in the same breath. Do you have the same strong feeling about dunking in tea?

dlb -- Your point is well-taken (and I have learned the perils of disagreeing with mods in their own fora), but tell me you did not need a cuppa and a little nibble at times while reading AATE. I, for one, certainly did...and maybe a little something added to the cuppa at times!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Savor Dam wrote:Vraith -- note SoT's location and that he did mention tea in the same breath. Do you have the same strong feeling about dunking in tea?
I'm slightly more flexible about tea...because good coffee/good tea are basically equivalent, but bad coffee is nectar compared to bad tea.

[I am Against All Things Ending....up in my cup.]
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Agreed. Coffee, tea, milk, whatever...crumbs are unwelcome, whether they float or sink.

(We are really pushing dlb's tolerance...THOOOTP!)
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

dlbpharmd wrote:How does this relate to AATE?
After dunking into your coffee.. you can say..

I AATE the whole thing..

/runs.... :yeehaa:
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

:Hail:
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
Barnetto
<i>Elohim</i>

Re: The big decision...

Post by Barnetto »

Seeker of Truth wrote:Hobnobs or digestive biscuits ..... which is the best for dunking into tea/coffee??
C'mon - be realistic - gotta be Rich Tea biscuits...
Seeker of Truth
Ramen

Post by Seeker of Truth »

It's just that when you are engrossed in reading AATE then you need a good crumb free biscuit to go with your coffee/tea....

Did I mention that my copy of AATE was signed by the great man himself??? :wink:
It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchett - Jingo
Barnetto
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Barnetto »

Seeker of Truth wrote:It's just that when you are engrossed in reading AATE then you need a good crumb free biscuit to go with your coffee/tea....

Did I mention that my copy of AATE was signed by the great man himself??? :wink:
Does he often visit bookshops in Harrogate to do signings?
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Rich Tea for dunking? That's ridiculous - if left dunked for longer than a millisecond, a Rich Tea biscuit will instantly dissolve and collapse into said mug of tea, thus ruining both. There is no Power that can Preserve Against All Things Ending this way.
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Barnetto »

TheFallen wrote:Rich Tea for dunking? That's ridiculous - if left dunked for longer than a millisecond, a Rich Tea biscuit will instantly dissolve and collapse into said mug of tea, thus ruining both. There is no Power that can Preserve Against All Things Ending this way.
It's a matter of delicate balance - the meaning of all things lies in that momentary scintilla of time between dissolving and the perfection of an expertly dunked Rich Tea - and the knowledge that you have entered the eye of the storm and returned enboldened by the experience....

Return to “Against All Things Ending”