Being Human

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

CovenantJr
Lord

Being Human

Post by CovenantJr »

I only recently discovered the existence of this series when my girlfriend mentioned it. We're only one episode in, but it's pretty interesting.

Being Human is a British comedy/drama (that is, it's alternately darkly serious and darkly humorous) about a werewolf, a vampire and a ghost sharing a small house in Bristol. It offers a refreshingly matter-of-fact perspective on these supernatural tropes, and so far it's very British - there's no glamour or romance to these creatures of the night; they're more like normal people with unusual circumstances.

Anyone else?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I watch it on and off. I saw a fair amount of series one, but I missed all but a little of the second series, which just ended. It's not bad, but I'm not much impressed with the plot (particularly season 2), and the surrounding mythology to the show (which they really need to develop to go where the story is heading) is sketchy at best.

Better than average, but nothing special.
Tulizar
Bloodguard

Post by Tulizar »

I never heard of this series. I like the concept and would love to check it out. Unfortunately it's not available in US yet. I put it in my Netflix queue only to find it down near the bottom in the unknown availability bin.

Most of the reviews on Netflix are positive although a couple were disappointed that not all of the pilot episode actors starred in the subsequent series. A couple reviewers mentioned (as did Murrin) the weak background story of the characters. All in all though it seems the reviewers enjoyed the series.

Hopefully I'll get to check it out soon.
Proverbs for Paranoids #3.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I'm now halfway through the second series. In some respects it's gone a bit Buffy, but it's still enjoyable. I was informed this morning that Syfy has made a US adaptation. I have to watch one episode just out of curiosity.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I watched the first episode of the US adaptation of Being Human. It...wasn't good. Could have been worse, but...just no. Whoever adapted it clearly doesn't get it.

Return to “TV Shows”