Darkwood--Into the blackness....

Moderator: Seven Words

Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

As the bard lightly touches the Wraith-Slayer, a golden light infuses the flail while a soft hum is barely discernible. As the light and hum fade, Laurel nods towards the duskblade with a slight smile and then pulls her own longbow around in readiness to cast the same spell upon it before moving through the concealed doorway.

[ooc]since we're not actually in battle yet, can I cast one spell right after another? Or is preparation for battle still limited to one spell/standard action per "round?" If it is, then I do the following:

standard action: cast Sonic Weapon upon Annalysei's (Led's) flail
move action: prepare +4 longbow for battle and to receive Sonic Weapon enhancement

If I can currently cast one spell after another, as we have not yet launched a surprise round, then I would like to immediately cast Sonic Weapon upon my bow.[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

[Battle won't start until we go through the door. Rounds will pass while we prep, but as long as the duration is long enough, we can cast as many spells as we want. At least until someone gets antsy and bursts through the door.]
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

[EDIT: Kali reminded me that they can't hit us on the surprise round. So Sacred Healing won't help yet.]

I cast Scorching Ray. Both rays [4d6 fire] at the gargoyle that Sorchat and Vynarkus are not shooting.
  • 22hp, max

Code: Select all

Cleric 0              |Sorceror 0 (6/6)  |Wands
 Resistence           | Acid Splash      | Acid Arrow (15)
 Resistence           | Arcane Mark      | Detect Secret Doors (15)
 Resistence           | Light            | Find Traps (24)
 Resistence           | Mage Hand        | Knock (15)
                      | Prestidigitation | Sonic Blast (26)
                      | Ray of Frost     |
----------------------+------------------+----------------------------
Cleric 1              |Sorceror 1 (5/7)  |Ring
 Protection from Evil | Burning Hands    | Cure Light Wounds
 Protection from Evil | Identify         | Cure Light Wounds
*Magic Weapon         | Magic Missile    | Cure Light Wounds
 Magic Weapon         | Shield           |
----------------------+------------------+----------------------------
Cleric 2              |Sorceror 2 (5/5)  |Turn Undead (5/7)
*Bull's Strength      | Scorching Ray    | Sacred Healing
 Bull's Strength      | See Invisibility |
 Bull's Strength      |                  |Lesser Rod of Empowering (2/3)
Last edited by Sigrid on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

I'm back from delivering the message outside.

When the attack starts, I fly into the room. I stop just inside the doorway, above everybody's head, and shoot Scorching Ray at the gargoyle that Vynarkus shoots. [4d6 fire] I'll fly back out of the room next turn. That was my only attack, today.
  • 13hp, max
Last edited by Sorchat on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led follows the group, reflecting on his little blood orgy. He starts to feel a little uncomfortable about the whole thing, somehow. But, the idea of battle, even with gargoyles who don't honestly bleed, cheers him up slightly. Only, they fly, and he doesn't.

Led takes out his 50' silk rope, and makes sure that it's coiled properly, so he can lasso one of the gargoyles and pull it down. He looks around for something on which he can anchor the rope, and eventually decides that if he can loop the thing, and then get back through the doorway into the hallway, he can use the top of the door frame itself to pull the thing down, instead of being lifted aloft himself.

[Sigrid, be prepared to cast Bull's Strength on me, if it looks like I'm losing the tug-of-war. I notice you have it prepared.]
  • 73hp, max (unshifted)
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

As the glow and hum of Sonic Weapon fades from her longbow, the bard looks at the rest of the party and asks, "Would anyone like a tap from the Cat's Grace wand before we enter battle?"
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

A disembodied voice which sounds like Kalindriel's says quietly, "Nope. Let's go."
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

She cuts herself off at "go". "They're coming down and heading for a tunnel. We can all hit them if we go now...," she trails off.

[Open door, charge the closest one with my glaive.]
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

With the door open, if any are within a move action while hidden, do so then strike.

If none are within the above range, move action while hidden into the room, and Study the nearest one, getting closer to it.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Moving so Laurel's casting of Dirge of Discord will detonate so it engulfs the two gargoyles but miss all members of her party, the bard enhances her spell swiftly and looses the hideous wail upon the stone creatures.

[ooc]This is really difficult to visualize without a current map. But whatever the distances that will work:

move action: move far enough in to the room so the 45' casting of the spell causes the closest border of the radius spread of the spell to fall 5' away from any of the party who chase after the gargoyles, yet still engulf the gargoyles within its spread.
swift action: call upon Captivating Melody to enhance the Dirge of Discord.
standard action: cast Dirge of Discord so its 20' radius spread engulfs the gargoyles (it currently has a 45' casting range, so whatever distance is needed to do so) yet miss hitting any of the party.[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Move and attack as posted above.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Laurel chants her Dirge! The gargoyles are wracked by the unholy cacophany!

Vynarkus blasts a gargoyle (18 points)

Sorchat blasts the same gargoyle! (20 points) It plummets to the ground!

Annelysei sends a Fire Bolt into the remaining gargoyle! (15 points)

Trina takes a leap and lashes out with a claw, catching the Gargoyle by surprise! (12 points)

Skyseeker runs around the corner and hurls a javelin! It transfixes the battered gargoyle, and it's lifeless body plummets to the ground! (14 points)
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led stands by the door, still in human form, holding his rope. He watches the others rush in and slaughter the two gargoyles. He watches their bodies fall to the ground, surprisingly free of blood. They must actually be made of stone.

He sees no sign of Kalindriel, and tries to find her. [Spot check] "Yes, I see your point about capturing enemies so that we may question them. Very wise. It's too bad we didn't have a rope handy with which we could have captured these two. I'm sure they'd have had much to tell us. Oh well. More's the pity." He coils up his rope again, and stows it away as he strolls into the room. The bloodless corpses were just what I needed to calm myself down.

[Spot / search check on the new room. What do we see?]
Geek the mage, first.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus stares at the dead gargoyles. "That was too easy. Why would someone as strong as the Protector use guards so weak that we could beat them in a few seconds?"
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

"Because they would normally have the element of surprise, and they were behind an illusion. What we've encountered would have been more than enough to stop curious interlopers."

"They also think the elves are held outside this place by wards. Destroying the shrine was the first indication they've had of someone being here. Another reason to press on quickly."

Kali points down the hallway past the room. "There is a pulsing red gem there. Two short. Two long. One short."
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

I go over to the two downed Gargoyles and attack each twice in the head. I make sure they are dead.

"We haveta be sure. The Good Man says Bad Men lie about important things like being alive."
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I'll inspect the gem. [Spellcraft, Knowledge (Arcane), etc.]

"We should just focus on the ward keeping the elves out. I could spend months playing with the magic in here, but that can wait."

If the gem doesn't seem to be connected to the ward, then let's move on.
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

I approach Kali. I say something in Ignan.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

She replies back in Ignan while flashing a large smile at the mephit.
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

I fly in circles around Kali, smiling.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”