Vampire: Dark Ages (Vienna) - Chapter 3: The Docks

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Vampire: Dark Ages (Vienna) - Chapter 3: The Docks

Post by Goatkiller666 »

It is the evening of April 11th, 1205. Day 23 of the lunar cycle, and so there is a half moon (waning) in the sky tonight. Except that the sky has become overcast late in the day, and now the moon and the stars cannot be seen. Without some source of light, it will be very difficult to see while outside (mystical powers not withstanding). Other than the overcast, the weather isn't expect to get worse for another few days.

Ekaterina and Sasha wake, entwined. They are still in their tiny, dark room at the cheapest inn in the Docks. The innkeeper is pounding on the door, and calling through it to them, "You girls need to leave, or else pay for another night. I'll not have my own room stolen from me!"
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

I groan. It's nice here. And chilly out there. I don't want to move.

"He wants more coins? Can you give them to him, dearest? I'll stay here and keep the bed warm."

I pull the blanket off Ekaterina, and shoo her towards the door. "Hurry, you're letting all my warms escape."

I watch her eagerly as she moves, though.
Ekaterina
Woodhelvennin

Post by Ekaterina »

Look back over my shoulder with a knowing grin as eyes follow me..make an elaborate,drawn out production of dressing, before going to pay for another night.....as well as having food sent up.
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

I frown when she puts clothes on. "I hoped you would shock the man while you paid him." I pull the blankets back up, so they warm up again.

When the innkeeper has left, I hold tight to the blankets. "Food is a good idea. But now you can't come back to bed until it gets here. You'll let all the warms out. Just keep your silly clothes on."

My eyes are twinkling and I'm smiling.

"While you're up, look in that monster's saddlebags. Tell me what was his and now is mine."
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

[PM sent to Ekat with the contents. Gives us some good prose about revealing it all to her.]
Ekaterina
Woodhelvennin

Post by Ekaterina »

An amused eye roll, and an overly-done sigh....

"very well...."...digging into bag...pulling out a pair of bronze circles.."oh, these are Air Feet Anklets....greatly lightens one's tread, and sustains long walks. Even in the Homid, they make a traveler near-tireless. Maybe I should try them on?" *said with a coy smile, hiking dress up to just below knee, faux-demurely putting one foot forward...*
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

I pull the blankets up to my neck. I hold on to them tight. "Oh no. You won't lure me out from my warms that way. I won't be tricked for pretty trinkets."

I stare at her uncovered leg a little while, with a smile. "What else is in there for me?"
Ekaterina
Woodhelvennin

Post by Ekaterina »

*Holding up a goblet* "This is called a Memory Cup. Anything alcoholic poured into it, and drank, will allow one to recall any event from your past in perfect, total detail. Although, " smiling widely, "I certainly don't need anything to help me remember last night. There's a few men's items here, nothing of any significance....except maybe the kilt, we'll know who his family is." *show her the kilt......after a minute or two start using it as an impromptu sheet for best approximation of Gypsy dancing*
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

[Interrupting the post slightly, at the moment the Memory Cup becomes visible to Sasha, what I describe in my PM applies. Likely, that will supercede the rest of Ekaterina's post.]
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

When I see the cup, I'm afraid. I'm terrified. I'm so afraid, I can't think. I start screaming.

Ekaterina is standing by the door. The only other way out is the window. I spend a point of rage to change to crinos form. I claw at the shutters to open them. I'm too afraid to figure out how to use the handle. In crinos form, my scream sounds unnatural. When the window is open, I jump out. It doesn't matter how high up we are.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Sasha easily claws her way through the shutters and jumps into the night air. The room is on the third floor, overlooking the inn's courtyard. Sasha easily manages to land without injury [autosuccess], still screaming in fear.

The two maids in the courtyard, in the middle of washing out some laundry, are looking up at the horrendus sound, and the shattering of the shutters. When they see the the monsterous crinos form bursting out of the room, they both scream and start to flee. Sasha lands between them and the door, and they backpedal away from her. One of them trips over the washing tub, and the other continues to the wall.
Ekaterina
Woodhelvennin

Post by Ekaterina »

Startled, I stuff the cup back in the bag..... (spend 1 Rage instant shift to Lupus), leap out the window and follow Sasha.
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

I run to the other side of the courtyard. I use Treeclimber to climb the wall, then I run away across the rooftops.
Ekaterina
Woodhelvennin

Post by Ekaterina »

follow as best I can....use Dreamspeak gift to reach out to her mentally...
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

In lupus form, Ekaterina can't easily climb to the third story from the courtyard. However, she is able to connect to Sasha with Walking Dream [one success] before Sasha makes it over the top.

For her part, Sasha doesn't notice that the dreamscape isn't real. In her frenzied state, her mind nearly gone from reality, being in a dream world with Ekaterina seems not at all different. Her body merely clings to the wall of the courtyard near the roof, while her panicked mind dreams of running away.
Ekaterina
Woodhelvennin

Post by Ekaterina »

Projecting calmness, soothing into the dreamscape.....relaxing images from the night before....seeking to bury the terror of the Fox with serenity.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

[Since Sasha is basically an NPC until she comes out of frenzy, the fact that it takes Ekaterina a little while to calm her down can be done in a single post. Ekaterina calms, Sasha is calmed, repeat several times, eventually Sasha comes out of frenzy. One of your parents has a brother named Robert.]

Sasha awakes, clinging to the side of the third story, still in the Inn's courtyard. The two maids have completely passed out from terror, with nowhere to run. Ekaterina's wolf form is still in the courtyard, staring up at Sasha on the wall. In the distance, voices can be heard.

"What was that noise?" Some run to the third story room, and pound on the door. Others, hearing the maids screams, descend toward the ground floor courtyard.

As Sasha is coming to grips with her new surroundings, she notices something. [See PM.]
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

I can't really talk in Crinos form. I yowl, though. I'm embarrassed. I notice now that I'm in a dream, and in my real body. I climb back down into the courtyard and then grab Ekaterina to put her over my shoulder. The dream me says to dream-Ekaterina, "I think we should leave. Let's get our stuff. But... don't show me that cup again." I shiver, "It's scary." I can always talk in my dreams.
Ekaterina
Woodhelvennin

Post by Ekaterina »

in the dream, "we need to get near the inn, and act like people...we should say something we couldn't see clearly came in, dragged us away, dropped us in the commotion of being seen"
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

I put the wolf down. "Okay."

I change back to homid shape. Now I'm naked again. Why am I always going outside naked?

"You should change too. I'll try to look scared, when they show up. But if someone else tries to rape me, I'll burn this inn down over their bodies."

I notice the maids. "Should we take their clothes? Maybe it won't look strange if all of us are naked."

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”