Michelle West- "Hunter's" Series

A place for anything *not* Donaldson.

Moderator: I'm Murrin

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Michelle West- "Hunter's" Series

Post by deer of the dawn »

Recently I came across Michelle West's Hunter's Death. I don't ever recall hearing of it, but my reading selection is very limited and it looked good.

I enjoyed it for interesting characters (although as I said in another thread there were a lot of main characters and it was sometimes hard to keep track) and a page-turning plot; and for a well-rounded world with very vivid cultures and scenery. The climax was a very complicated scene with a lot going on, but it is pulled off very very well ("big" final scenes often get bogged down, don't they?).

There was a first in the series, Hunter's Something or other, but I don't remember the name of it-- and even without reading that, Hunter's Death was completely followable.

Anyone else read these?
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
tonyz
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by tonyz »

I've read them. Hunter's Oath is the first, and perhaps a bit more self-contained than Hunter's Death. I love them very much.

There's another series that follows on from about 10-15 years later, starting with The Sun Sword. You're in for a treat.
Choiceless, you were given the power of choice. I elected you for the Land but did not compel you to serve my purpose in the Land... Only thus could I preserve the integrity of my creation.

Return to “General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Discussion”