Moksha Raver

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Moksha Raver

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Other than the cameo appearance in Fatal Revenant, where is moksha and what has it been up during the Last Chronicles? We know samadhi is gone, leaving only remnants in the Sandgorgons, and that turiya had to leave quickly at the end of AATE, but the third member of the trio has been conspicuously absent.

There wouldn't be a point in possessing any people in the Land--they are all useless. It couldn't possess any Haruchai or it would be noticed instantly; it can't possess any Insequent for the same reason. Kastenessen and Esmer, then Roger after his translation to the land, would also be too powerful to possess. Foul wouldn't trust the Raver to have Jeremiah--too much power. So...where is it? Just wasting time under Mount Thunder?

On a side note...I am still surprised that Foul let the croyel have Jeremiah. How could he trust that the creature wouldn't try and create some door or prison for him, thus getting rid of a powerful potential enemy? I highly doubt that Foul and the croyel trust each other.

Anyway...moksha is a Raver; wherever it is it can't be up to any good.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

I think it's simply Foul's eyes, ears, and messenger. He's probably also prodding Kassie sufficiently enough to do what Foul wants him to do.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
ninjaboy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ninjaboy »

I imagine Moshka is goading on Kastenessen, or conveying information between Roger and Fangthane.
Forgive my death.
It was my flesh that failed you, not my love.
Starfire 152
Servant of the Land

Post by Starfire 152 »

Its my understanding that Moksha is busy making Kevins Dirt and keeping watch over Kastenessen.

And thereby staying way clear of Linden.
Impediment
Fop
Acolyte of the Madoubt
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

I think he went to Tahiti for a vacation. He's been a busy lad for the past 10,000 years. Needs a break.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
I think you like me because I'm a scoundrel.
Irishman and Gamecock fan
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

There was mention somewhere in the later parts of the novel that moksha was still working on goading and manipulating She Who Must Not Be Named.

Return to “Against All Things Ending”