Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I need a phone upgrade
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

we are considering an upgrade to 4g. i have no idea what that means but julie assures me that i wlll love it.

she believes that i need the internet on my phone - i am not so sure.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Best of luck with the grad school app, LF. :)

Congrats on the new phone, Rigel!

Sarge, all I can say about having the intarwebz on the phone is that when I got the kids Droids through Verizon, my phone bill immediately shot up by $80/month. :(

Soooo, I'm feeling like kind of a heel today. :oops: For years, I had exchanged Christmas cards with a former colleague. Our lives had taken very different turns; she married a guy who eventually ended up working for Focus on the Family, and they had, like, 9 or 10 kids. (Yes, really.) About five or six years ago, I mentioned in my Christmas letter than Batty was a lesbian. A year or two later, I quit getting cards from my former co-worker. I chalked it up to some religious weirdness on their part over my letter. And okay, I admit it, I kind of nursed a grudge.

Well, I ran into her on Facebook today and started reading her website blog. Turns out the lack of communication had nothing to do with me; her house had a huge black mold infestation and they've all been sick ever since.

So I feel like a total jerk. :oops: I'm not going to tell her what I thought, but I had to confess someplace, and you guys got elected....

Here's her story: momsagainstmold.org/personal-stories.html

Someday I hope to learn that the Universe doesn't revolve around me. <sigh>

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

aliantha wrote:Here's her story: momsagainstmold.org/personal-stories.html
My goodness that's intense! How awful! At least now you know, eh?
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Auleliel wrote:
aliantha wrote:Here's her story: momsagainstmold.org/personal-stories.html
My goodness that's intense! How awful! At least now you know, eh?
Yup. So that part of it was good, at least, for me. :)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

aliantha wrote:Someday I hope to learn that the Universe doesn't revolve around me. <sigh>
Don't be silly !! It revolves around ME !!
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I had some fun at work today. Had a nice bonding session with my boss Ashlee. Gave a co-worker a surprise belated birthday gift that he loved. Had some laughs with everyone but best of all was playing with this toddler named Alex. His mom asked if we had printable event tickets so I told her we did and started walking her over to them. Alex, the cutest toddler evah, was just in that phase where he had discovered running, the arms out to the sides and up in the air fisted and that clomping shuffling running. He also had that vocabulary of a few words but words he owned. Anyway, he starts doing that adorable run so I say to him, "Are we running?" and he shouts enthusiastically, "DES!" so I start doing that same ridiculous toddler run with him, keeping pace. I hear his mom start laughing and then she joined us performing the same ridiculous running style. My coworkers and several customers were looking at us and laughing. Then after showing her the tickets I walked off to finish what I had been doing and I hear Alex running after me so I turn around and say, "I'm being chased!" and start running that ridiculous run again. I let him catch up and his mom gets there too and we turn the corner and there is his auntie so he runs towards his auntie and I let him pass me by and he gets to his aunt and says, "I win." It was so cute. They were still in the store shopping for a bit and I was down an aisle just finishing helping another customer and he must have heard me talking because he comes running around the end of the aisle and yells, "Run!" at me so I looked at the customer I'm helping, grinned huge and said, "The customer is always right." and took off running in that ridiculous run again with Alex in hot pursuit. I ran him around a few aisles and then back to his parents and auntie. By then they were ready to leave so his dad picked him up and he was looking at me over his dad's shoulder and did that cute finger waving kids do where they open and close their whole hand, and said, "BYE!" so I did some overly huge fast waving and head bobbing for my parting salute. So much fun to just grab the moment and be a total kid with nothing better to do than practice running up and down the aisles of Office Depot.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I think every muscle in my body has frozen solid after 2 and 1/2 hours of serious tennis today. I haven't played this dam much in 6 years-if I keep this up I may, actually, be in shape come Elohimfest...*whew*
fall far and well Pilots!
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

julie has informed we are spring cleaning tomorrow. :(

i would rather write and read comic books.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

aliantha wrote:
I see this on tv a lot. I always wonder why these families don't just move out of their house until it is resolved when they find out the dangers. rent payment has got to be cheaper than medical copays. curiouser and curiouser.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

A coworker called me and woke me up asking for directions. I didn't want to be up this early on a Saturday, but now that I am I think I'll go running.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Rigel wrote:A coworker called me and woke me up asking for directions. I didn't want to be up this early on a Saturday, but now that I am I think I'll go running.
after your co-worker to beat him?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

I had a pretty exciting day yesterday, and today is starting out pleasantly enough... some dreaming of possible adventures, some housework, some rest.

Also, I got Comcast to give me back $32 this morning, because they stopped sending me e-bills. =) (Except to my comcast e-mail addy which I don't use!) Their customer service / sales rep was really nice & competent.
Lord Foul wrote:I feel triumphant.

I'm going to college--again! In spring 2012 I'll be getting my Master of Library and Information Science. Just sent all the required info off (transcript, resume and such), and I've got a pretty good feeling (but anybody would with a 3.8 GPA :twisted: ). So in a little over a year I'll have all I need to get paid 45 to 50,000 dollars to sit on my ass, surrounded by books.

Screw teaching!
LOL! Rockin', LF!!
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

lorin wrote:
aliantha wrote:
I see this on tv a lot. I always wonder why these families don't just move out of their house until it is resolved when they find out the dangers. rent payment has got to be cheaper than medical copays. curiouser and curiouser.
In my friend's case, it sounds like it took months for them to figure out exactly how much danger they were in. I worked with her for a couple of years; she was a news reporter, as I was, and she's not stupid. For awhile there, people were urging them *not* to leave, that the environmental thing was a lot of hooey and the illnesses were all in their heads. It sounds like she's kicking herself now for not getting out sooner, and for the damage done to her kids. But hey, I kick myself, too, for some of my own child-rearing decisions. We humans specialize in hindsight... ;)

Anyway, I came home from work yesterday absolutely exhausted, for no good reason. I had grand plans today to get to the grocery store, but it looks like I missed the window of opportunity between nasty rainstorms. Maybe it'll taper off later...

EZ Board Survivor

Linna Heartbooger

aliantha wrote:Anyway, I came home from work yesterday absolutely exhausted, for no good reason. I had grand plans today to get to the grocery store, but it looks like I missed the window of opportunity between nasty rainstorms. Maybe it'll taper off later...
Thank you, ali. Reassuring to know I'm not the only one who feels like getting to the grocery store is a "grand excursion" some days. (I hate getting intimidated.)

Ahh, hindsight... |G
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

Linna Heartlistener wrote:
aliantha wrote:Anyway, I came home from work yesterday absolutely exhausted, for no good reason. I had grand plans today to get to the grocery store, but it looks like I missed the window of opportunity between nasty rainstorms. Maybe it'll taper off later...
Thank you, ali. Reassuring to know I'm not the only one who feels like getting to the grocery store is a "grand excursion" some days. (I hate getting intimidated.)

Ahh, hindsight... |G
Some days? Every trip to the grocery store is a grand excursion. :)
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
Linna Heartbooger

It's a little more involved for you there in South Korea, I take it?

Or do you mean you think grocery shopping can be just grand. :)
-Flannery O'Connor

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

aliantha wrote: Here's her story: momsagainstmold.org/personal-stories.html

Man I should not have read that...but I'm glad I did, I guess. I hate the thought of mold/fungus, stuff like that. Especially planters warts...urrrggghhh....

:)
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Today was the final day of the first (what we hope will be annual) Metro DC Yarn Crawl. In total, I bought yarn for 7 pairs of socks, 3 sweaters and a summer top. This is on top of the yarn for 2 other sweaters and a baby sweater that I already had on hand. And my friend said we should try to knit at least half of what we have on hand before next year's crawl. Hoo boy.... :crazy:

EZ Board Survivor

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I'm tired. Had a long crazy week at work with the annual store inventory and so forth. I'm looking forward to the next two days off with nothing on my agenda but laundry.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com

Return to “General Discussion Forum”