So will it really take 3 years for TLD?

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

So will it really take 3 years for TLD?

Post by Akasri »

There's been a 3 year gap between each of the first 3 books of the final series. Will that hold true for the last one as well?

Or will SRD be so inspired to get the book done that it'll be out in 2 years? 1 year? Next Tuesday? *runs off to check Amazon* damn!

You know he has the ending in his mind. He's surely had that since the beginning. I'm hoping that the last book goes much more quickly as a result... probably a pipe dream, but I can hope!! :)
Bill the Cat
Servant of the Land

Post by Bill the Cat »

He said early 2013 if I recall correctly.
I may not yet be as old as dirt, but dirt and I are starting to have an awful lot in common... SRD
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I would not expect it until fall, 2013.
Bill the Cat
Servant of the Land

Post by Bill the Cat »

It's gonna make me have to re-read the first 3 just to remember who is who...
I may not yet be as old as dirt, but dirt and I are starting to have an awful lot in common... SRD
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Re: So will it really take 3 years for TLD?

Post by Vraith »

Akasri wrote: You know he has the ending in his mind. He's surely had that since the beginning. I'm hoping that the last book goes much more quickly as a result... probably a pipe dream, but I can hope!! :)
Probably a pipe dream, yep. He has obviously narrowed the options for getting to the end...but the number of different threads he has to bring together in the right way is larger than any of the other chron's were...even more than in the Gap books, I think. So I'd expect the full 3 years.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

*sigh*

I figured as well... but I want it now!! :)
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

After AATE, I'd be willing to wait 5 years if it meant he'd actually revise it a few more times.

But, as I said in my review, I think all the problems with the LC have been corrected by the end of AATE (Jeremiah and Covenant are now fully functional characters and no longer merely narrative goals). So there isn't anything holding Donaldson back from producing an incredible book.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.

Return to “Against All Things Ending”