Darkwood--OOC commentary/discussion

Moderator: Seven Words

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Oh yes.
Although in the late 1970's, when I attended WDW's "Grad Night," guys could get away with wearing leisure suits as formal wear, which my date did.
...at least he had gorgeous shoulder length blonde hair. we pretty much matched that way... :hearts:
...his was natural blonde, though.

Grad Bash is way informal. Beorn wore a t-shirt with guitars on it, khaki shorts, and sneakers without problems.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Yeah, we just had to have a tie. Several people got Mickey Mouse boxers and put them on over their slacks, with the most outrageous Disney ties they could find, etc. Obeying the letter of the law, if not the spirit... that's what life is all about.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Seven Words wrote:Laurel casts her spell upon the fallen Warlock! (heal 14 points)
...Um, I'm confused by this...

Healing Hymn should automatically add either 12 or 16 points (depending on if we are using Laurel's Perform ranks or bonus), CLW has a +5 from caster level, even if she only rolled a 1 and we are using the lower boost, that should still be 18, not 14...

Given how low my health is, this is rather important.

And doesn't Sigrid start healing us this round? Or is that on our next action?
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

How much xp is Vyn worth? :twisted:
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

*takes on placating tone* Now, Kali, it's not nice to kill our friends....
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

You don't know Kali's old gaming group. Party-kills were commonplace. We used to keep tallies next to our XP, for how many times each of our characters had killed each other player's character.

Good times.

So, just so's everybody knows, on top of RL stuff I got going on, I'm in a really rough spot with Led, and I'm gonna have to reason out how he'd react at this moment. He's at the confluence of an irrational fear of evil fungus spores growing in his body, a religious zeal against fear, a religious zeal towards vengeance, the inability to grow claws and do damage, and an enemy who just released spores that are currently growing in his body and who righteously needs to get its ass handed to it.

Maybe throw in some rational plan to distract the Vrock while everyone else kills it, some fear that others in the party might get smacked around / dead, and the lingering effects of that first shrine, where he was getting into self-mutilation for sexual gratification.

So yeah... it's entirely possible that Led's mind is about to shatter, permanently. In the "scarier than 'Trina" kind of way. ('Cause we all know that true psychotics are Chaotic Neutral, not Chaotic Evil. They're not rational enough to be actually evil.) Oh yeah, and he might get a wish, right after that.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Besides, Vyn is correct...

The DM forgot the details of the house rule he and I worked out. He has since been reminded and has edited the amount Laurel's CLW (or anyone who casts a rolled healing spell) cures Vyn along with the hymn correctly.

And goat, I'm not so sure I'm looking forward to Led changing so much...
Why is he unable to shift at the moment? Used the ability up for the day? I'm feeling the same way with the amount of bardic music and spells I have left...
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Yeah, Led only gets three shifts per day. He's shifted four times already, but I didn't catch that until after the last fight, and it would have been too crazy to go back and redo the entire fight without Led shifting.

I don't have nearly as many things with counters as Sigrid, or I might start tracking all of that stuff the way she tracks her spells. I'm just glad I'm not playing a caster, that's all I'm saying.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Oh, heavens. Please don't go crazy, Led. Right now you're the only one Trina halfway listens to and doesn't think is slightly Bad, and I really don't want to be murdered by a party member on my first RP game.

Also, Genies are known for being tricky. I'm scared to death of this wish.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

What wish?
(I stopped in here first before reading the game thread, in case something is mentioned there)
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Marids are splashy genies. Good or Bad. Genies grant wishes. Good or Bad. So be careful.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Well, ooc knowledge of genies in general will translate as bardic wisdom regarding tales about them. I hope the DM doesn't mind me playing it this way, but if Laurel is the one who gets to request a wish, in her mind there is only ever one wish worth asking for of a genie compelled to grant one...
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Seven Words wrote:Vynarkus' smooth words and fulsome praises strike precisely the right chord! (nat. 20 :D ) after several minutes of discussion, this Duke will reward your assistance
I think we each get a wish. It's usually safe to ask for some kind of magic item, if you're worried about asking for something and getting the wrong end of Seven's sense of humor.
Geek the mage, first.
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

Wish Seven and Goat
Would attend Elohimfest
That magic enough?
Yes, I am an alt
Whose? An open secret to
Attentive Watchers
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

This is Led's wish:

And Elohimfest kind of scares me. I've said this to others... I'm not sure if I could deal with meeting you guys in person. Would break the fourth wall.

But, if you have one in Houston over the winter holidays, and I manage to make it out there, perhaps I'll go. You have to advertise it in GT, though. Else I wouldn't see the post.
Geek the mage, first.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Seven Words wrote:The Marid lays his hands upon Marrik's axe, a blue-white light passes into the weapon. "It is done".
That's awful nice of him to spend a wish improving my axe. He can continue to borrow it, of course.

Anna, if you want to spend a wish improving my flail, that's fine too. I'll still let you borrow it, too. It's more valuable to me in your hands. Especially if you boost it up.
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Laurel, Katrina looks to be in her early/mid 20s. She just has a childlike worldview, but she is a grown adult.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

hmm, thank you kindly.
Will edit.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Kalindriel Ec'urb wrote:[I look like an elf now rather than a half-elf. That counts for a lot with some people.]
But for the rest of us, we can't even really tell the difference.
  • Pointy ears: check
    Short: check
    Snob: check
    Must be an elf.
Kalindriel Ec'urb wrote:"Yeah. Awkward..."
It's only awkward 'cause you want to pet the kitty too.

Come on, you know you wanna.
Geek the mage, first.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Heh, I wonder what would happen if we run into a catnip patch? "Led rolls around and purrs in bliss."
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”