Darkwood--Into the blackness....

Moderator: Seven Words

Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Roll with it on my side, come up in a crouch and dive forward through Kitty's legs to hug him again around the torso, laughing with glee.

"Darethon is God of Hunty Kitties!"

Releasing the hug.

"Led, he is the God of Dealing with Bad People."

Look at Led, eyes sobering from their joy.

"I Deal with Bad People."

Becoming very serious.

"Can you teach me about him, so I can be better at Dealing with Bad People? It makes a truthyness to me. I want to know more about Darethon."

Thinking for a moment.

"If I have to become a kitty that's OK, but I like being Trina more."

Looking up again

"Do I?"
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Smiling to see Led being playful in his new form, and Katrina having a philosophical and spiritual discussion with him, Laurel makes her way over to the former pool and searches out an area to start preparing some food. Once she has things simmering away, she makes her way over to Marrik and Skyseeker, hoping to draw the attention of Kalindriel and Vynarkus as she does so.

Quietly, so not to interrupt Led and Katrina's discussion again, the bard looks at those near her and says, "'trina's comment about "dealing with" a bad man who claimed to be good has gotten me thinking. I have reviewed my own knowledge, and I know nothing of a "Good Man" nor a "Bad Man," nor what either of them stand for or who they may allied with.

"Have any of you ever heard of people who go by such names? I realize all we have is 'trina's word that one is a good man and one is a bad man; we know nothing else about either. At least, as far as I know."

Turning to look at the paladin in the party, she hesitates before asking, "I know 'trina has given us no reason to suspect her of being something other than how she has presented herself, but her childlike demeanor aside, do we know on which side her loyalties lie? If she were to be other than she claims, would it be apparent to you if she really does serve a "Good Man?"

"What if we come across this "Bad Man" with the mind set Katrina has led us to have regarding him, and he turns out to not be all she has led us to believe? Are we prepared to alter our course mid-stream?

"Forgive me if I sound rude. It is just that her earlier comment is sitting ill with me. The world tends to consist of shades of gray, except possibly in 'trina's mind..."
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Keeping her voice low Kali gives her thoughts on the matter, "I never started trusting her. Even if she is as simple-minded as she appears, it would not take much to manipulate her. We won't know who the Good Man is without meeting them, as she either won't or can't tell us his name. We do know that she is calling the one on the dias the Bad Man."

"Her skills are such that I doubt the Good Man is a nice man, though, else he wouldn't employ them to dispatch enemies."

[Edited to reflect knowledge we knew but kind of forgot in the months since it happened.]
Last edited by Kalindriel Ec'urb on Tue May 17, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Even 'Trinas can follow Darethon. And I'll be happy to tell you what I know. But I'm still new; I don't know it all yet myself. We can learn together. When we go outside, probably tomorrow, we can talk to a Blood Hunter. He's a priest of Darethon. He knows all there is to know about the god of vengeance."
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Snuggling the kitty.

"Fun! Kitties! Can we start now?"
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

After finishing eating, Skyseeker heads off to the door for first watch.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

Vynarkus wrote:Sigrid, could I see your Ring of Spell Storing for a moment? I think I can use it to boost everyone in the same ways I've boosted myself."
Now that I'm done praying, I get up to talk to people.

I hand my ring to Vynarkus. "I hope it works."

Then I head over to where Annalysei is. I make eye contact and smile nervously, asking permission to join her with my expression.

I say to everybody, "None of us brought bed rolls or tents. It'll be an uncomfortable night on the hard floor. I don't sleep much. But as long as I can be still, it's okay."

I'm surprised Laurel even has food and dishes. What is she burning to cook over?
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kali leans against the wall and takes a seat in the nook across from the door, using her backpack as a cushion. She motions to Sorchat to sit beside her.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna spreads her cloak on the ground next to her, and smiles and motions for Sigrid to sit next to her. She unpins her hair, carefully tucking her mother's hairpin behind her belt so that it won't get lost, and runs her fingers through her hair tiredly.

Trying to find something to say to cover her own nervousness, "While it's practical to keep my hair pinned down when we're fighting, so that it can't be grabbed, it gives me a demon of a headache." She pauses briefly, "We haven't gotten much time to actually talk. Why don't you tell me about yourself?"
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Fine a nice corner, sit with my back to it, pull some stuff out of my pouches.

Put down a few small objects in front of me. Bounce a marble, while it's in the air, grab as many of the small pointy things as I can then catch the marble in mid air.

Very enraptured by the game.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

VYnarkus casts his invocation intot he ring..adn it works..btu tehre's somethign else...

a....

pulling.....

drawing...

draining......

The invocation is stored in the ring, using 1 spell slot. But Vynarkus loses 3 hp and suffers 2 points of Wisdom damage! His unbound magical nature "sticks" to the dweomer-holding magics of the ring!
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

As the party finishes her basic stew of reconstituted jerky and root vegetables, the bard uses sand to scrub out her frying pan and stamps out the pucks of peat she used to heat the pan, reserving what was left of them to burn for another use.

While the pucks cooled, she stowed the scraped frying pan in to her backpack, then disassembled the cooking tripod and stowed that away as well. Seeing that Led and Katrina appeared to have paused in their spiritual discussion for now, Laurel makes her way over to Led, and buries her face in to his mane. Whispering quietly to him, she asks, "'Bad, Good, and some are just sort of in the middle,' eh? How are you going to explain alignment, and in particular Darethon's alignment, to 'trina?"

Then she sighs, and embraces Led's human torso, while reaching back towards his fore flanks of lion legs. "She is absolutely correct, though. This form is extremely wonderful to pet and scratch. Quite comforting, just massaging what can be reached..."
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus groans and rubs his head, staring at the ring. "Well, it worked, but I don't think I should be doing that anymore unless absolutely neccesary. Doing that too often without a long rest could easily kill me.
"Still, we may as well use this one, now that I've got it stored. Who would be the best person to give the ability to fly?"
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

OOC--Anne and Sigrid's chatting y'all can do in PM...I'm looking to expedite matters....barring any word otherwise, I'm going to advance the story this afternoon.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Stopping her game.

"Laurel, how much sand do you have?"

Looking at Led.

"Are you sure you have enough?

Staring at Led's hindquarters specifically.

"I think we're gonna need more sand. Alot more."

[Refresh spells, blah blah blah, nap]
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna bursts out laughing at Trina's comment. [Also nap blah blah yay full spell slots]
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Tosses the ring that now has Celestial Flight stored on it to Led. "...Or he could just use our enemies. Like a griffon."

Share the first guard shift with Skyseeker, see if my now being a variation on an outsider has bestowed their ability to go without food, water, and sleep indefinately. If so, stay on guard.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

The bard buries her face even deeper into Led's mane to smother her burst of giggles at Katrina's comment. When she catches her breath, she shakes her head and says, "Led is a very well trained kitty. These paws of his will do quite well at digging latrines. And while it will take some skilled maneuvering on his part, he will probably find a way to make use of indoor plumbing, when found."

Seeing the others settling for the night, Laurel sings a healing lullaby to the party as slowly, softly, they all go to sleep. Then spreading her own bedroll next to Led, she finds a warm furry spot to curl up in, while wrapping her arms around his human torso,

[ooc]Hoping that even if Vynarkus doesn't need sleep, that he somehow gets "rest," so all the party members gain the benefits of 24 hours bedrest from the Healing Hymn as a lullaby.[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The following morning....

Vynarkus has healed all the HP, and the ability damage.

Returning to the room where the fire giants and altar were....

PM to relevant person

DM Edit--did not factor in healing Hymn on ability recovery initially...
Last edited by Seven Words on Fri May 20, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Laurel wrote:[ooc]Hoping that even if Vynarkus doesn't need sleep, that he somehow gets "rest," so all the party members gain the benefits of 24 hours bedrest from the Healing Hymn as a lullaby.[/ooc]
[Outsiders do not need sleep, however they still have to rest to replenish spells and abilities. So only the lightest of activity still. Unless Seven is changing that. And regardless of Vyn's particular circumstances.]

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”