SPOILER: Want to see what the Super 8 creature looks like?

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Kevin164
Giantfriend

SPOILER: Want to see what the Super 8 creature looks like?

Post by Kevin164 »

One of my favorite artists is Neville Page. He created the strange ice predator in the JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot and was responsible for Cloverfield's strange look. You've seen his work in Avatar with all the creatures and I believe he had a hand in the design of the Scorpion King from the Mummy movies.

I caught Super 8 at a pretty run down theater so making out the creature was sketchy. Here's a drawing of it. The face should be slightly more wider in hindsight but it's the general gist of what broke free from the train wreck.

SPOILER

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

thank you. i love Cloverfield! hoping to see Super * in the theater.

your artwork is great. would love to see you do some comic book work. :)

do you have a link?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Nice work Kevin! Love your stuff!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
ItisWritten
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ItisWritten »

When I saw Super 8, and they finally let us see the alien, I immediately thought of Cloverfield.

Btw, did anyone else get Goonies flashbacks while watching Super 8?
ItisWritten
Phantasm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Phantasm »

Great artwork.

I think it looks a bit like an edgy, bald "four arms" from Ben 10.
Quote - John Smeaton (Terrorists take note)

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

Kevin164
Giantfriend

Post by Kevin164 »

-Never seen Ben 10 but I've heard that comment before when it came to some of my sketches on the Super 8 Alien.

-You can find a link to my blog in my profile and at the bottom of this post or any of my posts. My Blog has links to my ever changing Mobile Me portfolio. Mobile Me will be no more at the end of the year, so all my work will have to find a new host. So enjoy it while it lasts. I'm really bummed over the loss, especially with the Storyboard elements like slide show no longer being available. Sucks.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you guys like the work.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I can't remember a recent movie that is more boring or predictable than "Super 8." Please save your money, and skip this flick.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

I saw it tonight, and it wasn't too bad... a bit schizophrenic, though. It couldn't decide if it was trying to be "ET" or "Cloverfield," and so didn't really work as either.

The kids were great, and I think a stronger movie could have been made by cutting out the monster entirely, and just focusing on the kids' story.

The credits contained a neat bonus: the result of the kids' effort. It was a horribly cheesy amateur zombie movie, that was as much fun as the rest of the movie was :D
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information

Return to “Flicks”