Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Looking around, I see that pretty much everything has been Dealt With, and I sit down on the ground with a groan. Not very warrior-like, but I don't particularly care. I flop down, looking up at the sky and at Sigrid. Apparently, my post-battle loopiness is setting in, because I can feel myself on the verge of giggles. I really wish I didn't get like this after every big battle.

"Thanks for the healing, love. I wouldn't mind a little more as I'm still rather beaten about, but check on the others, first. I'll don't think I'll bleed to death quite yet. It's a good thing I got that lucky hit on Drake, eh? Go tend to the others, and when I'm not feeling so woozy, I'll help you loot corpses, my lovely."

[OOC: Hells bells, I thought we'd never kill these guys. Glad I got that critical. I was right sick of Savage Drake and that axe.

OOC the Second: Is it my imagination, or did I do 123 HP damage to Drake? Am I reading that right?]

-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

OOC--not your imagination. when he raged (+6 con, +3 points per hit die), he went a fair bit past two hundred.

Also, *DING* all around
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I cast Restoration on Led.
The poison damages Led again.
I cast Restoration on Led.
I cast Restoration on Kalindriel.

I cast Cure Critical Wounds on Led.
I cast Cure Critical Wounds on Kalindriel.
I cast Cure Critical Wounds on 'Trina.

I land next to Annalysei. I cast Cure Critical Wounds on her. "I can read everyone. They're all fine. You're the one who matters."

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (28/50)
 Create Water| Hide Frm Und|*Bull's Str  |*Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bane        |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Serious   1
 Create Water|*Bless       |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Critical  2
 Create Water| C Light     | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Restoration | Restoration 2
 Create Water| C Light     |*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Create Water| C Light     |             |             |             | Rem Disease 3
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (7/8) |Sorc 2 (5/8) |Sorc 3 (6/7) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |-------------| Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |-------------|Rods         | Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  1/3| Lgtng Bolt 38
 Prestidigit |             |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24| Resona Bolt 26
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  53/53|Sorchat 28/28|Anna  101/101|Kali    87/87|Katrina 81/81|Led  113/113
 Arcane Sight|             | Imb Sp Abil | Imb Sp Abil |             |             
 DisguiseSelf|             |  CLW CLW CMW|  CLW CLW CMW|             |             
 Spectr H 11m|             | Status    1h| Status    1h| Status    1h| Status    1h
Last edited by Sigrid on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I sit up long enough to wearily tug Sigrid down next to me and put my head in her lap, but I pull the pins out of my hair first, spreading it out over her lap. "They didn't hurt you, did they? I'd have to kill them all over again if they did. Or I could desecrate their corpses. Either one. But I'm going to lie here for a second, first."
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"No, they didn't touch me. I'm fine."

I stroke her hair, and her face on my lap. "You were so brave."
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

I fly back to Sigrid. "You forgot to heal Skyseeker."
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"Oh, oops."

I cast Cure Critical Wounds on Skyseeker with the Spectral Hand.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (28/50)
 Create Water| Hide Frm Und|*Bull's Str  |*Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bane        |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Serious   1
 Create Water|*Bless       |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Critical  2
 Create Water| C Light     | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Restoration | Restoration 2
 Create Water| C Light     |*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Create Water| C Light     |             |             |             | Rem Disease 3
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (7/8) |Sorc 2 (5/8) |Sorc 3 (6/7) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |-------------| Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |-------------|Rods         | Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  1/3| Lgtng Bolt 38
 Prestidigit |             |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24| Resona Bolt 26
Sigrid  53/53|Sorchat 28/28|Anna  101/101|Kali    87/87|Katrina 81/81|Led  113/113
 Arcane Sight|             | Imb Sp Abil | Imb Sp Abil |             |             
 DisguiseSelf|             |  CLW CLW CMW|  CLW CLW CMW|             |             
 Spectr H 11m|             | Status    1h| Status    1h| Status    1h| Status    1h
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led helps carry back Myrdag's body and all of his possessions.

"There are still others here, who are sick. They're not as dangerous to us, but they could be even if they're throwing up while they attack us."

He turns to Kalindriel, still in her short-winged disguise, "Mistress, do you wish to conquer this army of orcs, or just destroy them all?"

He leans in to whisper, "And it's not just orcs. There are fungus elves, humans, and dwarves here as well. And we know the dark elves were sending messengers here with orders from time to time. If we take over the entire camp, we might be able to deduce some of the greater plan.

He walks over to Power Caller, whose wounds are so great he cannot move, but who isn't dead. "I bet that huts. Hurts so much you can't even really move. I will enjoy this next part, I think. You probably won't."

[From the loot that will eventually be claimed, Led wants to call dibs on:

Myrdag's bow, and however many Monstrous Humanoid Bane arrows he can find. (They're expired, but that's fine.)
Power Caller's torture implements.
The fangs taken from the huge viper's corpse.
]
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I don't get up, or make Anna get up. I tell Led to bring by all of the bodies for me to look at. I use Arcane Sight to find any magic they're carrying. I let Kalindriel find any important mundane things.

I call the carpet down to us. "Put all the magic things inside the tent. I'll identify them later."

"We just took this army. It's ours. We should keep it."
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Wings furling, she approaches the Wemic wearing a smile highlighting the pointed teeth.

Yes, she's skipping.

"LeddycatTheythoughtIwasallsickorcandthenIwasallundeaderlookingandThatBadGodBeggarwasallICOMMANDYOUandIwasallNOYOUandshewasDealtWiththentheBadOrcshotyoubunchesanditwasallhurtyandyoufelldownIgotallangryandhegotallascaredandhetriedtoflyawayandIwasallflappyafterhimandthenhefelloutoftheairandIwasallDealingWithhimbecausehehurtMyKittyIgotvengeanceforhimhurtingMyKittyandnowyouareokandthatsgoodandfromwhatyouhavesaidaboutDarethonIthinkhewouldbehappywithmewhatdoyouthink?"

She takes a breath

"And I saw Kali there too."

She throws herself into the Wemic with delight, noticing the gnoll that is breathing but not moving.

"Uh oh. Someone's going to be Very Unshiny soon..."

A quick survery and someone is missing.

"What about the Bad Ogre that hit me? I was sorta focused on the archer."
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I call out loudly to the group., "I call the ring Drake was wearing. I don't know what it does, but I want it for Sigrid. I saw it when he was beating my internal organs to a pulp. I killed him. I want it for her."

To Sigrid I say, "Thank you, muffin. I don't know how much bravery it was as it was trying not to die It makes it easier to do when I have something to protect rather than an unending search for vengeance." and I smile rather stupidly up at her.

I hear bits and pieces of Katrina's long gush to Led and I smile. For Sigrid alone, I say, "You know, I don't know whether to like that one or be terrified of her, but she's definitely always entertaining."

Now that I'm feeling a little better I use Detect Magic to see if I can scan the area for anything magical.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led chuckles at 'Trina's excitement. "Yes Little 'Trina, you were an excellent vengeancer for Darethon. I'm very proud of you."

[I think I want to get a Ring of Regeneration so I can keep people alive while I torture them.]

He inspects the fallen gnoll. [Heal Check] "This one won't die tonight, I think. Nor the next, if I have anything to do with it." He binds his hands and feet, and stuffs a rag in his mouth for good measure, then strips him of all his clothing and gear (except the rag in his mouth).

To 'Trina he says, "Do you feel like killing a lot of sick orcs? They're Bad, even if they're puny. Let's race, and see who can kill the most." He pauses, "How many can you count?"

"Or would you rather go after the ogre who hit you?"
Geek the mage, first.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I hear Led talking to Trina about killing sick orcs. I honestly don't want to go fight right now because I'm entirely too comfortable here in Sigrid's lap, and she's petting me and I'd really rather not get up. I suppose I should offer to help. I sigh and call out halfheartedly "Do you two need any help? Or can I stay here?"
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

"He ran off. I dunno if I could track him...but Kitties can..."

She walks over to corpse of Lightless, and she shimmers, appearing as the dead Bad God Beggar. Complete with gaping neck wound.

Grinning, "Let's put the fear of Kitties into him."

Mounting the wemic she adds "Then we can go Bad Orc hunting."

She smiles at the others, the orc face smiles rather, that zeal burning in the black orbs, she snuggles into Led's mane and holds on for the hunt.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"You can stay right here, thank you very much. You're the guardian. They're hunters, they can go hunting without you."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led follows the scent of the remaining ogre, moving as fast as he can.
Geek the mage, first.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I snuggle into Sigrid's lap and smile. "You are completely right. I like Bossy Sigrid. You should wear this outfit more often. Not to mention you're practically naked. That's nice, too."

"We'll have to play with that fancy ring of yours sometime when I'm not covered in bruises. I think something in silver would look very nice with your wings." I glance up at her demonic-looking wings and correct myself, "your REAL wings, I mean."
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

[Oh gods! I have internet once more! <3]

Kali looks uninterested in continuing the hunt. She struggles to pick up Savage Drake's axe. "Grul, you did well. Take his axe and let it serve you well. But do not grow to depend on it. You need to be strong enough to best any foe without it. Only let it make the task easier."

She turns to check on Skyseeker, but remembers something to tell the Ogre, "Oh, if there is anyone here you like, you might want to round them up quickly. Led and Trina are a bit bloodthirsty."

[PS - Restoration isn't necessary for enervate. It wears off on its own.]

[PPS - Trina, could you please add some hyphens and spaces in your rambling? It makes the thread very hard to read. Thanks.]
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I do not blush. But I recover quickly.

"I'm dressed from head to toe. This is all an illusion." I wiggle my fingers like a stage magician, and I use my Mysterious voice, "You're under my spell. You only see what I want you to see."

I cast Prestidigitation and wipe the blood and grime off of both of us. I'm a little flirtatious, when I wipe clean... um... certain areas. But there are people around, I only do that a little bit. I'm being sneaky.

[PS - wounds heal on their own too. Does that mean you want to stay hurt, too?]
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

[I'll try but sometimes everything comes out in one huge blurb.]

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”