Darkwood--OOC commentary/discussion

Moderator: Seven Words

Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Ooh, what color? I'm a big fan of coloring my hair, usually Not Found In Nature Red.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Re:Trina being a party pooper and not letting me ramble absently on whichever thread I so choose:

BOO. :P Y'all should know by now that I am easily distra....ooooh, shiny!
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

Usually natural red. Not natural for me, but someone somewhere is this color. This time, it's more unnatural. I usually get it done, but that's expensive. I tried it myself, but it wasn't even. So I did it again, to even it out.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

I did not poop at the party. I fly off for privacy. I was raised right.

Now to continue laughing at My Little Pony memes.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Are you a brony? Don't lie. You know you are. I have the convenient excuse of children which allows meto watch ponies to my little rainbow heart's content.

Siggy , I find that buying the professional stuff at Sally's really does make a difference on the tone, but load up on conditioners for the aftercare. I use hot oil treatments about once every two weeks, and a super thick conditioner daily...my hair is prone to dryness anyway, and coloring it fries it if I'm not careful.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

I do enjoy the show. Almost done with season 1.

Watched it to make fun of it, stayed because the animation is really well done.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I like it too. It's wittier than I thought it would be, and I love what they do with the facial expressions. So many cartoons now don't do good facial expressions (Off of the top of my head...The fairly oddparents. I like the show, but they're not great with faces.) Looney Tunes had some of the best facial expressions I've ever seen. Case in point:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvy_s-GfDxA

Look at the matador's face, and the bull's face. They just don't DO facial expressions like that now. The smile of the bull when he figures out he's got bullets makes me crack up ever single time.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I love this scene from the Incredibles. Dash first figures out he's running on water. I love how he laughs.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

We watch a LOT of animation in our house. A LOT. Even if it weren't for the kids, I'd probably still watch cartoons. The Last Airbender was an AMAZING story (that got completely ruined in the theater) and I know quite a few adults that watched it just because it was so good. I'll probably be a little old lady and still love cartoons.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, in that vein... thirteen years ago today, Sigrid and I showed up at Kali's place to borrow the "Record of the Lodoss War". All three of us went back to my place and watched the whole freakin' thing, straight through. It was some crazy-ass time in the morning by the time we were done. It must have been the sleep deprivation, but we were finally able to admit that we were attracted to each other, and not just friends. Kali was passed out on the couch by then, I think.

Which is why tomorrow is our official anniversary. And all because of cartoons. Anime, anyway. I use "cartoon" only for children's themed animation, which is usually crap. But anime rawks.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Awwwwww, romance through cartoons. And Anime is cartoons, you snob. Happy Anniversary, though. :biggrin:

I was just mentioning to seven a while ago that you four have known each other forever and ever, and I'm the only "outsider", so to speak.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Kali and I met in 1991. So... uh... 20yrs ago? We were 9 then, I think. Yeah, that's it. She might have been 10, actually.

Seven and I were a year or two after that? D&D in the dorm basement.

Uh... the dorm of our private boarding school. Where we went when we were 9 and 10.

'Trina and I were in the mid 90s.

And Siggy didn't show up until 1998.

Gawd, I feel old. And by "old" I mean 29, of course.

But, by contrast, we four know so much embarrassing crap about each other. I'd tell you, but then the others would unearth my own secrets, and that doesn't help anybody. I'd have to kill you, first of all. And we know nearly nothing about your stuff. It's almost like you're a pure being to us.

(Actually, I think Kali knew Sigrid back in 1991 as well?)

It's all very confusing.
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Well, to be fair I met Siggy around the same time as you, since I used to hang out at the information desk where she wor..., er because we both got sent to the principle's office a lot. She was also one of Jen's buddies, and we all know about second year...

I didn't realize my anime habit is what led to you two getting together. I feel special now. Happy anniversary.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

It was Dominic who introduced us. And it was a mutual interest in the Sandman comics that really cemented things. (I have no shame in admitting that it was you who got me into that as well... yet another way you were there for us.)

She had been into some anime, but for whatever reason was only doing the Ranma 1/2 stuff. She didn't have access to the UH Anime club. (That's where all of us 10yr olds watched cartoons with subtitles.) So, I had to start showing her the more advanced anime stuff

Riding Bean
Lodoss War
Ninja Scroll (but not the sequel)
It took me a while to get a complete copy of Robotech.
Then she found Cardcaptor Sakura.
After that, she was in charge of finding our anime.

I'm only really watching Bleach right now, and it's on its 331st episode. Anybody know of any new good anime out? After all that gonzo stuff a few years ago, I haven't seen any shows.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Nuh uh, I know how old seven is, therefore I know how old you are. Boarding school my ass. Also bwahaha pure being....*wipes tears of mirth*
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Seven was one of the volunteer helpers. He's totally older than us. :biggrin:
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I was a freshman in high school in 91. All that plaid. Why, 14 year old Ellie? Why did you do that to yourself? And those baggy clothes! If I knew then what I know now,i would have dressed much sluttier in h.s. I even had a pair of bright pink jeans...boy were those some fugly pants. Bleck.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Kali and I were both freshmen (freshpeople? a funky bunch?) in college in 1991. We were 9 & 10 at the time. Thus the boarding school, because we were too young to be living on our own. Child prodegies, but still very immature.

Seven was older than us? And Siggy was there, but she had to wait for 7 years before she felt okay molesting me. What can I say, I always went for the older womyns.

[So, my mom tells me I was born just after midnight, so it turns out that I'm older than Julie, not the other way 'round. No wonder we didn't work out.]
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Met Kali and GK summer 1997.

Met Sigrid at her and GK's wedding.

Yay!
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I had to wear plaid in boarding school.

If goat is very lucky, I might get out my uniform for our anniversary.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”