Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

[These things wouldn't happen in a tabletop game. :biggrin: Either way, if it was our tent, it's fixed by Siggy's miraculous magical powers, if it was the bad guy's tent, it's a nonissue. And now the hunters can squish any rogue orcs and loot their corpses, we can all take a nice nap (or take a nice nap later, as the case may be) and get our magic and skillz back and go bash on more bad guys]
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The not-yet-dead-of-poison orcs have become the dead-by-claws orcs.

Searching around, the barrow where the demon-dragon hybrid was buried is easily found....and the necromantic trappings there, preparing to attempt to wrest it from it's repose and into an unholy mockery of life.

All over the floor are these strange wooden discs....the wood seems wrong, an oily sheen not of a finish or a sealant, but an inherent diseased state of the wood, shot through with purple, sickly green, vile yellow, and leprous gray.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[Demon / Dragon hybrid? I thought it was a gold (and therefore good, and therefore not demonic) dragon

DM Edit--transfused/infused demon into dragon against its will
]

Led takes one look at the colors in the fungus, and... pauses.

"I should be afraid. Darethon would count me a sinner, but I know I fear the spores in that wood." He reaches up and touches the headband on his brow. "Oh. Truly, Darethon has blessed me."

Returning his attention to the room, "I don't think I have enough holy water to cleanse the whole place. Sigrid, can you do anything? Like a flood of holy water, or holy cleansing flame or something?"
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker looks around,and says, "We should study this carefully before we do anything here...."
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"I could Consecrate the area."

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (28/50)
 Create Water| Hide Frm Und|*Bull's Str  |*Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bane        |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Serious   1
 Create Water|*Bless       |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Critical  2
 Create Water| C Light     | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Restoration | Restoration 2
 Create Water| C Light     |*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Create Water| C Light     |             |             |             | Rem Disease 3
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (7/8) |Sorc 2 (5/8) |Sorc 3 (6/7) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |-------------| Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |-------------|Rods         | Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  1/3| Lgtng Bolt 38
 Prestidigit |             |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24| Reson Bolt 26
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  62/62|Sorchat 31/31|Anna  101/101|Kali    87/87|Katrina 88/88|Led  123/123
 Arcane Sight|             | Imb Sp Abil | Imb Sp Abil |             |             
 DisguiseSelf|             |  CLW CLW CMW|  CLW CLW CMW|             |             
 Spectr H 11m|             |             |             |             |
[What's everybody's new hps? We levelled.]
Last edited by Sigrid on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Feeling the Badness of the area, she is very careful where she steps.

Placing an arm around Led's back "It'll be O.K. Darethon wouldn't let anything happen to his Kitty while Bad Dragonthing isn't Dealt With."

"I take it what worked against the altars wouldn't work?"

[Max 76 HP, but running under buff so I'm at 88]
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Kali studies the area but doesn't say anything.

[100 hp even at max. Not sure of current. Down a bit unless healed.]
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

(I'm not sure what my new hp is)

I use detect magic to see if I can find out anything useful (also, we all rested, right?)
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I look around with Arcane Sight.
[Knowledge (Arcane) check, Knowledge (Religion) check, Spellcraft check]

If those wooden disks are magical, "I can cast Identify on one of them."

[Kali - I healed everybody.]
[Anna - What's your constitution score?]
[Seven - Roll d8 for Anna's HP?]

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (28/50)
 Create Water| Hide Frm Und|*Bull's Str  |*Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bane        |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Serious   1
 Create Water|*Bless       |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Critical  2
 Create Water| C Light     | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Restoration | Restoration 2
 Create Water| C Light     |*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Create Water| C Light     | Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (7/8) |Sorc 2 (5/8) |Sorc 3 (7/8) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |-------------| Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |-------------|Rods         | Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  1/3| Lgtng Bolt 38
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24| Reson Bolt 26
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Imb Sp Abil | Imb Sp Abil |             |             |
 DisguiseSelf|  CLW CLW CMW|  CLW CLW CMW|             |             |
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led Pighp wrote:[Demon / Dragon hybrid? I thought it was a gold (and therefore good, and therefore not demonic) dragon

DM Edit--transfused/infused demon into dragon against its will
]
[Was that post-mortum?]

Led looks at the complicated magical array, then looks at Sigrid. "Meaning no slight to the Priestess of Magic, but we might find an answer quicker if we ask the prisoner what all of this is."

He goes back to where Power Caller's fallen body lies, and picks it up. Being just gentle enough not to kill him, but still cause him maximum pain, he carries the mangled gnoll to the room with all the wooden disks in it. Then he pokes a finger against one of the creature's broken ribs, just enough to wake him up with the sudden pain.

"Consider what you say very carefully, for the more pleased she is with your answer, the less my Mistress will allow me to linger over your death. For myself, I very much hope you lie to us." [Intimidate check]
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Resumed normal appearance when we returned from our merry rampage.

Peer at the gnoll intently.

Look at Kali pointedly.

Look back at Power Caller.

"EAT?"

Licks lips. Smile alot. Try not to drool. But not too hard.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

'Trina wrote:Resume normal appearance...
  • [Define "normal"?]
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Power Caller TRIES to speak....he clearly wants to tell you everything he knows. But some kind of compulsion forbids him from conveying this information.

The disks are indeed magical. They react.....poorly...to having Identify cast upon them. Horrible, discordant, atonal sounds burst forth, and a lattice of mystic energy flows from disk to disk to disk, creating a pattern encompassing the entire area...

Skyseeker screams, "Dark Sliverstrands! Fallen Aetherweb!

UNSONG OF TRAVELING

and the world disappears in a whirl of sickly tendrils of power, a web formed of eye-wrenching colors of decay.......and you are somewhere else.
Last edited by Seven Words on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[Define "somewhere else"? Or, you know... describe it, at least.]
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

[My real appearance.]

[As opposed to my normal disguise, which is my avatar.]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Dark.. Very dark. Noxious air...fetid scents, decay, stagnant water....trees...big, rotten looking....some oozing something that looks akin to pus...and did one of them just move?
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[Ladies, welcome to the Darkwood itself. I sure do hope that each and every one of you has Darkvision. Else, you'll find it quite difficult to function down here.]

Led whispers to the others, in Heshic, "Be wary. I will scout the area. Attend me here." He pauses to look over the party. "Be you not so close together, however. And Sorchat, your flames, though beautiful, catch the eye from quite a distance. If you could find a way to glow less, it would be better for us all."

He notices that, above them a bit, is Anna's and Sigrid's flying carpet. "Oh, the tent has joined us. You all should stay within it's walls, to ward off being seen." He offers to lift any to the carpet, if they wish a boost. [Some of you can fly. Fewer of you admit to being able to fly. So, the offer stands.]

"Little 'Trina, would you like to come with me? Perhaps we can do some hunting while we are about."

Little 'Trina vanishes into the darkness itself [hide in plain sight while Led blends into the surroundings [camouflage] and then moves to the north [survival to tell north] a short distance, just far enough that he can still see the others [Darkvision 60']. His size would appear to give him no difficulties, as he neither disturbs the muck in his wake [trackless step], nor is he slowed by it [flawless stride]. Having reached his goal, he turns to the east and moves slowly, looking for enemies [scent & blindsense 30'].

He continues in a tight circle, slowly spiraling around the party until he's certain that there's no danger of attack (let's say twice normal bow range, whatever that is). Then, he climbs up one of the larger trees nearby and repeats his spiral inwards, checking the branches of the trees. In the end, he climbs back down a large tree close to the party, taking care not to touch any of the sap, or pus, or whatever is oozing from that tree.

[knowledge (natures), knowledge (dungeoneering), whichever applies]

[Of course, if he encounters anything before finishing his sweep, he'll study it. (Depending on what it is, I'll decide to attack, or sneak back to warn the party so we can all attack.)]
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I cast Status on Led Pighp, Annalysei, Kalindriel, Katrina. Sorchat will stay with me.

I watch everyone get onto the carpet, and come into the tent. They were all standing in the muck.

There's dirty foot prints all over my home!

I can't yell at them. It's not their fault. But... AAAAAAHA!

I cast Prestidigitation. While Led is out scouting with Katrina, I make each person stand while I clean all of the muck off them, especially their feet or boots. Then I clean the carpet they left foot prints on. Then, I wave them to sit on the comfy pillows.

"If a battle starts, this makes a good platform to fight from. It will easily hold all of us, except him. We can move it up and away from the fight. These branches could block us in, though. We'll need to be careful."

"It's more like tunnels than branches."

"Oh. We don't have the horses." I pat the wall of the tent. "Good carpet. You followed us." I say to Kalindriel and Skyseeker, "I guess you can stay here with us, until you can get a ride of your own."

"What do we do with this gnoll who is bleeding on my carpet? Ewww."

Create Water| C Light     |*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (7/8) |Sorc 2 (5/8) |Sorc 3 (7/8) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
 Mage Hand   |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  1/3| Lgtng Bolt 38
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24| Reson Bolt 26
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Imb Sp Abil | Imb Sp Abil |             |             |
 DisguiseSelf|  CLW CLW CMW|  CLW CLW CMW|             |             |
             | Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Stalking out with my Kitty, looking for things in this New place.

New and muddy place.

New and muddy and darky place.

New and muddy and darky and icky place.

Follow his lead, Kitties are better hunters in the wilds than 'Trinas are.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Kalindriel looks around in the gloom and frowns. "Just like home. Only decayed and icky. At least I can see further now."

She uses the lift offered by Led and practically rockets up to the height of the carpet before stepping delicately upon it at the apex of her boost. Thanks to her new ring she never touched the muck with her bare feet. She side-steps Sigrid's fretting and goes to sit next to Sorchat.

Responding to Led's earlier suggestion, she looks at Sorchat while offering her own, "I'm not sure her dimming her flames will do any good. A point of light here will draw attention whether a wisp or a burning beacon. However, natives are more likely to avoid the latter even if they see it as they prefer the darkness. The light she sheds should also let the two elf-bloods see as far as the rest of us. If we really think complete darkness is for the best, then I have a better idea than her dimming her flames."

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”