The Dark Knight Rises

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

quiet or papa spank? WTF? Is this real?
httpsss://www.barbarianclan.com
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

yes - comics were different then. :)

you should see all the cross dressing Jimmy Olson did. :)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I'd figure the Riddler would be good in Nolan's hands. Oh well. Maybe next movie.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Riddler would be great without all that Jim Carrey overacting. team him Cluemaster.

no Robin, no Batgirl.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Anne Hathaway in a skin-tight cat suit? Pre-ordering tickets now.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Yo, I know you like Heath Ledger as The Joker and all, and I'mma let you finish, but Mark Hamill was the best Joker of all time!

And I know you like Christian Bale as Batman and all, and I'mma let you finish, but Kevin Conroy was the best Batman of all time! OF ALL TIME!

While I spent many of my days pretending to be Catwoman when I was a child, perhaps it's time to breathe new life into the Batman film adaptations.

Hey, how about Hush as a new villain? What about Huntress? Or Oracle?

I'm meh about this movie. I like Anne Hathaway, but I'm not sure I can imagine her as sultry. And while I like Christian Bale as an actor, his Batman voice is horrendous. Even Kevin Conroy thinks so.

I'll probably skip this movie. I still have all the old B:TAS seasons on DVD to watch, should I ever feel the need to watch any sort of Batman.
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Jaz - have you watched the new Brave & Bold series? it is my favorite of all of the DC cartoons.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

Mark Hamil is an awesome Joker, but Caesar Romero is the best.
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

JazFusion wrote:Yo, I know you like Heath Ledger as The Joker and all, and I'mma let you finish, but Mark Hamill was the best Joker of all time!

And I know you like Christian Bale as Batman and all, and I'mma let you finish, but Kevin Conroy was the best Batman of all time! OF ALL TIME!

While I spent many of my days pretending to be Catwoman when I was a child, perhaps it's time to breathe new life into the Batman film adaptations.

Hey, how about Hush as a new villain? What about Huntress? Or Oracle?

I'm meh about this movie. I like Anne Hathaway, but I'm not sure I can imagine her as sultry. And while I like Christian Bale as an actor, his Batman voice is horrendous. Even Kevin Conroy thinks so.

I'll probably skip this movie. I still have all the old B:TAS seasons on DVD to watch, should I ever feel the need to watch any sort of Batman.
I'll skip it too. I loved Batman begins, but I thought "the Dark Knight" was horrendous on so many levels.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Damn, I need to quit looking at the old comics in public... I can't stop from laughing! :lol:
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Orlion wrote:Damn, I need to quit looking at the old comics in public... I can't stop from laughing! :lol:
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

- Herman Melville

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

I really think everything we're getting out of Nolan is a smokescreen. I even think Inception was a part of the smokescreen. You have to understand that TDKR script was written prior to the death of Heath Ledger. And I believe that the world will be shocked to find that...

THE JOKER WILL RISE AGAIN

After all... how can you finish the story of Batman without finishing the story of Joker?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Exnihilo2 wrote:THE JOKER WILL RISE AGAIN

After all... how can you finish the story of Batman without finishing the story of Joker?
While that is a very very good observation, there are some flaws to it. First, there will be too many villains - Joker, Bane, Catwoman, Tali Al Ghul . . . not to mention the Falconis. Second, I really doubt Levitt would agree to playing Ledger's Joker. He's a very serious actor and would likely just want to put his energy into his own role. Given the amount of energy Ledger put into the Joker, I don't think Levitt would, or could, copy that.

How was Inception a smokescreen?
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Within my theory, Inception was a smokescreen and also an experiment. Given the script they had written they knew they would need a replacement Joker. Joseph Gordon Levitt is a well respected actor, not dissimilar to Heath Ledger pre-Joker. As Nolan has the habit of casting the same people in different movies, by bringing Levitt into Inception Nolan could evaluate his suitability for the role over a prolonged period, realizing the challenges that it would present, and also provide cover for the casting of JGL in TDKR. Being in Inception makes it more believable that JGL is in a non-Joker role in TDKR. And he has in fact been cast in TDKR, although the roles he has been filling have been hard to pin down. There have been conflicting reports out of the production.

Let me state it in the open: Nolan is my favorite writer/director, perhaps ever (sorry Kubrick and Coppola). And he is nothing if not audacious. The audacity, the shock, the moment created by recasting the Joker, AND CARRYING IT OFF would be legendary. People might run out of the theater in hysterics, or faint, like they used to do for Wagner. Perhaps one of the greatest cinematic achievements ever. Nolan would have achieved cinematic immortality. Especially if the movie is as good or better than the last one.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Sorry, but he's not playing the Joker. He's playing a cop called John Blake.

This was taken from Dark Knight Rises. I don't see any Joker scar on his face - unless the Joker had some surgery, which is stretching your theory anyway. I admit he could be another villain, but we already have Bane, Catwoman and a Falconi. Adding the Joker would go too far.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Christopher Nolan has stated in very clear terms that the Joker will not be returning. Also, Levitt has been casted to play John Blake.
- Herman Melville

-John Crowley
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Orlion wrote:Christopher Nolan has stated in very clear terms that the Joker will not be returning. Also, Levitt has been casted to play John Blake.
It's starting to remind me of the theories that Two Face never died at the end of the Dark Knight. Which is a theory of equal validity to Exnihilo's :lol:

Return to “Flicks”