Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I nod and grin lecherously at Sigrid, before handing over the boots. I hear Led's commends after I'm back and had started massaging Sigrid's feet, and call over my shoulder "....bah, as if we'd want you here. Don't flatter yourself, kitty."

I roll my eyes for emphasis and turn back to the task at hand. I say to Sigrid, "as much as I hate to admit it, and I'd never admit it where he could hear me, he's right. It seems we're going to have a lot more company now. We should have made them get their own carpet. I can't maul you without having to toss 15 people out of the tent. Ruins the surprise."

I then say loudly, looking up to the sky, "MAYBE AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE WE WILL RUN INTO A TINKER THAT SELLS MAGICAL ITEMS, LIKE FLYING CARPETS."

Sigrid is looking at me like I'm crazy. "Hey, you never know...now where was I?"
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[One imagines that Kali's ring of Water Elemental Control would come in very handy, right about now. Or, Laurel's Dust of Dryness. Or Sigrid casting Bess Water. But instead, there's the melee triplets, splashing in the tub of muddy water elementals.]

From up on a higher branch, Led watches the beings of water move through the trees. "Good eye." He shudders. "It's like the fungus, only worse."

He looks back and confirms that the rot elementals aren't headed specifically towards the carpet. "Let's follow them. See what they do, if they have a mission. We could follow their trail back to where they came. But I figure they'll turn around and go back at some point. This looks like a patrol, more than a 'go over there' mission."

Then, he matches action to word and paces along with the elementals, off to the side so as not to accidentally put weight on a tree that might be in the middle of dying under him. [Are these walking on the wet / muddy ground, or are they swimming in the shallow water? Walk speed 20, swim speed 90. Is Led rushing to keep up, or stopping every few steps to let them catch up? Move 70.]
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

both...some walking, some swimming...Led's constant 70 keeps him easily pacing them.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"I have a plan for more space in here. Oh, that's the spot. Right by the toe....." I lean back for a moment. Bliss.

"Kalindriel, when you go to... where you go to trade, can you look for a scroll of Mage's Magnificent Mansion? I want to expand the tent. I watched them make this carpet. And they made the tent. And they put the enchantment to keep the wind down. I think I can do all that stuff too. It didn't look too hard."

[Seven - will Craft Wondrous Item work if I cast the spells from a scroll?]

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (28/50)
 Create Water| Hide Frm Und|*Bull's Str  |*Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bane        |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Serious   1
 Create Water|*Bless       |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Critical  2
 Create Water| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Restoration | Restoration 2
 Create Water| Identify    |*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Create Water| Identify    |*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (0/8) |Sorc 2 (5/8) |Sorc 3 (7/8) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |-------------| Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |-------------|Rods         | Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  1/3| Lgtng Bolt 38
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24| Reson Bolt 26
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Imb Sp Abil | Imb Sp Abil |             |             |
 DisguiseSelf|  CLW CLW CMW|  CLW CLW CMW|             |             |
             | Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

As a precautionary measure...

Studying whichever one of the Bad Muddies seems to be in front.

Yeah. Totally a precautionary measure.

Relax, wait for the Kitty to give the signal.

[OOC: Given they are elementals, can I make a Knowledge: planes roll to see what about them is different from standard water elementals, special attacks, mother's maiden name?]
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

"You two need to take it easy. This isn't the time for relaxing. Half of our group is out scouting, so if something shows up, we're half strength."
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

"I hate when people are sensible". I sigh, activate my boots and.channel a touch of fatigue spell into my flail. To sigrid I say, "well,i guess you'd better buff me up, just in case."
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I look at Kalindriel. "With her still wat... oh, for a fight. The buffs wouldn't last very long. Let's wait."

"But, I can do something useful." I take out my new Crystal Ball * and Scry on Led. I describe to the overs what I see, so they know if we're about to be attacked.

• * now with True Seeing!
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The creatures continue to advance in a straight line.

And continue.

And continue.

For 3 hours.

At which point, they encounter some kind of creature.....cross a diplodocus with a warthog, and throw in some ankylosaurus tail. It glares balefully at them....then they pummel it to death in short order.....and continue on their path.

OOC--these are elementals of the 24-ht die variety, just so there's no confusion as to how big they are
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led watched the rot elementals destroy the seemingly tough creature. He imagines that it would have been fun to hunt it himself. "I don't think they're going to lead us anywhere. Siggy could evaporate them with lots of fire, but that's about we could do to them. Let's go back, I think, to our place of power.
Geek the mage, first.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

While Sigrid is scrying, I idly look around. Seeing that nothing immediate is happening unless some creature pops in from the ether on us, I sit down on the carpet and bring out my crochet hook and thread. Since Led isn't around to mock me, I don't mind doing it in public.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Seven Words wrote: OOC--these are elementals of the 24-ht die variety, just so there's no confusion as to how big they are
I dun think I can take them...

"Yeah, Bad Muddies are going away."

Follow Led's lead back to the carpet.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[Anyone can use a crystal ball to scry. You could all gather around it and watch me boldly run away.]

[The 24HD water elementals are size=HUGE. How tall are they, versus the branches we're sticking to? Can we stay out of their range, still?]

Led takes a moment to orient himself [Survival check to be able to triangulate where the carpet is in relation to his current position. He confirms his opinion with Skyseeker, since she also has Survival and Knowledge (Nature).] "So, if they're patrolling the perimeter, let's head towards the center. Or away from it, I guess." He turns perpendicular to the path the rot elementals were following, and heads 'deeper' into the Darkwood.

[Note to self: buy Dust of Dryness when we get out of this]
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

OOC--you are above and off to one side.....as best you can tell, they remain unaware of you.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I Scry the area around the carpet. I don't want anybody sneaking up on us.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

You scry nothing lurking about.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"I don't see anything by us."

I Scry back to Led & Skyseeker.

I can't see Katrina. She's hidden.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I nod and turn back to my needlework. "well,i guess we just wait for Led to come back." I look around. Well,I guess I can go sit over there by siggy without endangering the group. Precious is always close at hand. I plop down on the carpet where sigrid is scrying, quietly. I don't want to distract her, and definitely don't want kali griping at me for distracting her, either. I keep my eyes on our surroundings and look around to see if I find anything interesting.

(nature check plz)
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

PM sent
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

In looking around,I see a tree should probably be watched....there's bits of animal hide and bones sticking out of the bark...not stuck on it, but almost like the whole thing didn't fit inside, or that it almost managed to get free. The tree has pale pink leaves, and the bark is grey with white streaks...it looks a lot like a willow.

I point, "we should probably keep an eye out over in this direction."
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”