Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Led's efforts rip the appendage from his flesh....leaving gaping wounds behind! (14 points)

His charge takes the exsanguinating menace offguard, and it's attacks flit past the charging wemic!

His claws rend the bark easily, thin sap/thick blood seeping from the wounds, one claw hitting a gnarl of gall of some sort, tearing away a massive chunk of tissue! (26 points, and CRITICAL HIT for 72 points) The ravaged trunk cannot support the weight of the tree...it snaps, the tree falling, bloodsap spurting once, twice, three times high into the air, before tapering off to a slow pulsing trickle from the stump.

OOC---what happens when you roll a 20 to confirm a crit? I say, double crit, x2 becomes x4, etc.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I look at the bloody leaf on the carpet.

"Really?"

I pick the leaf up and toss it over the side. Then I clean the blood off the carpet.

Then I use Sacred Healing. Everybody gains Fast Healing 9 for a long time. Kalindriel should heal her 3hp, plus the 2d6 from ripping the leaf out.

I look at the Crystal Ball again. The other tree is dead too. Led isn't very hurt.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

In a thoughtless moment, Led continues to stand on the fallen body of the tree, clawing with front and rear feet slowly. Skyseeker can feel a gentle rumbling coming from him, even through the saddle.

"It just feels so good to let my claws out, you know? It's actually very relaxing."

Then he realizes what he's doing, and jumps away from the fallen tree and continues on the original path.
  • 83hp
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

"If the immediate threat is dealt with, I'm going to check in with Grul. He could prevent further attempts at meddling with the dragon, and maybe start raising a few troops of his own. Make a force to counter whatever influence these idiots have."

"Maybe let the elves know to support him." She waves casually.

[Attempt to teleport to where we were.]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

As Kalindriel flickers out in her teleport, a low buzzing sound is hear, followed by a crack like thunder...and Kalindriel is slammed into the ground, smoke rising from her body. ( successful Reflex save, failed Fort save, successful Will save....Evasion avoids all energy damage, 52 physical, stunned for 3 rounds & dazed for 6 more)

Teleport failed...some kind of barrier, bounced off HARD plus it zapped w/positive energy damage
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

"uuunggh"
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led (and Skyseeker, and presumably 'Trina) continue the direction they were going before the encounter with the tree. He's keeping a keen eye out for more willow trees.

He stops and sniffs the air. "I smell like blood. Any predator will come hunting us from miles around, even if we hide in the branches. I had hoped to wait until we returned to Sigrid to be healed... these aren't that bad wounds. But the smell will give us away." He takes out a potion of Cure Critical Wounds and quaffs it. (If that's not enough to get him fully healed, he takes another Cure potion to finish it.) Then, he wipes off the dried blood, and rubs some mud on the area to cover the smell. [Survival check (+2 synergy bonus from knowledge (nature)) to find mud that won't be dangerous.]
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

It takes a great deal of searching to find some uncontaminated matter to use, but Led does so.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[How much healing does the potion(s) give me?]

Once the healing / deodorizing are done, Led returns to his original path. At some point, if there's no sign of a settlement or other useful landmark, Led will stop moving.

"I don't think we're going to find anything this way. Not and still be able to get back to the others before they start worrying. Let's turn around and go back. Then we need to figure out a way of getting home. Maybe Sigrid can figure out where we are."
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

"Back to the rug."

Follow the Kitty, staying away from trees as much as possible.

They might attack.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

No trees make any threatening moves....but some kind of creature in a stagnant pool of water moves away....hard to discern, looks like a crocodile/jellyfish cross suffering from leprosy.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Ooooh. What's that? It's time to prey." Led turns away from returning to the carpet, so he can approach the leprous jellydile from above. It's in the water, and he's avoided touching that, so far. That's how you might catch leprosy.

Trying to keep track of which is the way back to the others, he nonetheless follows the jellydile at top speed until he catches up to it, then he slows down to try to sneak up on it.

[Survival check to maintain a lock on "back to the carpet". Hide & Move Silently check to approach the jellydile once he's caught up to it.]

[Did everyone notice my pun? "Prey" instead of "pray"? 'Cause Darethon is the God of Hunters. Can I get an 'Amen'?]
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Kitty going Hunty...

Prepare to attack if the Kitty charges the Leprejellodile.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

[Amen!]
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

[Hallelujah!]
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

[The gods are just using you to gain power.]
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

[How can I spend make sure Darethon gets sin points from my actions? Er wait, wrong game.]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The twisted creature apparently is aware of Led's attempt at stalking....it exudes a noxious secretion into the water, clouding and further befouling it.....

Led manages to persuade his belly to not return every meal ever eaten.

Also, he manages to keep relative track of the carpet.

Skyseeker curses softly. "The....jellyfish aspect of the creature, is a sign of the dark magics of this place. Old histories tell of such perversions created by the Enemy. Apparently, they have bred "true", though by their look, that adjective is not wholly accurate."
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

Skyseeker can't hear me. But Sigrid and Kali and Anna can hear me.

"Fire purifies everything."
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

[Kali doesn't really notice at the moment. She's in la-la land.]

After several seconds of lying upon the soggy ground, Kalindriel pushes herself into a sitting position. The length of her body, now her backside, and the right side of her face are coated in gunk from the forest floor. Vhashik remains nearly buried where it landed next to her, visible mainly because of the depression it left in the soft ground.

Still in a daze, she licks her lips and makes a strange face before nodding her head in approval. "That's some prime muck."

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”