Are you ready for some (SEC) Football???!!

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

i never get tired of the hitler variations - even though i didn't get all of the references this time...

and i hope Texas A&M enjoys their slide into obscurity...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

Why has this thread been so silent lately?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

*rebuilding year*
;)
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Having savored the flavor of two consecutive asswhippings, I'm ready to pick a winner. Sorry, Jel, but Bama will wipe the flo' wit' yo' boys.
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

Bama has yet to be tested...they will collapse like a house of cards on November 5th.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Well, as I said in the Hangar's pick 'em game chatter thread, unless they are playing teams where my heart rules my head, I root for the Saints and LSU otherwise. In the SEC, I pull for LSU after the Gators, so...
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

LSU v.s Bama is going to be epic.
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

War Eagle...uhhhh, ok...whatever.

Where y'at Sunbaneglasses???
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Jel, you can't tell me that you honestly expect Miles to outcoach Saban, do you? Bama hasn't done or shown a damn thing all year long, they haven't had to, they've steamrolled everyone anyway. But you better believe they'll be showing something to LSU for the first time.
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

...nothing more to say until November 5th.

The talking will be done on the field.
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

this forum is open for comments...

???
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Sunbaneglasses wrote:LSU v.s Bama is going to be epic.
If by that you meant this
from epos "word, story, poem,
you may have been correct...what it wasn't was a decent football game, or something peeps will remember for a long time.

Not to pick on you alone, Jel was right when said "the talking will be done on the field." They sure weren't doing anything else on the field.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

Vraith wrote:
Sunbaneglasses wrote:LSU v.s Bama is going to be epic.
If by that you meant this
from epos "word, story, poem,
you may have been correct...what it wasn't was a decent football game, or something peeps will remember for a long time.

Not to pick on you alone, Jel was right when said "the talking will be done on the field." They sure weren't doing anything else on the field.
Was a great defensive game, the teams choked the hell out of one another. A game doesn't have to be 41 - 39 to be a good game.
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

Exnihilotto2 wrote:Jel, you can't tell me that you honestly expect Miles to outcoach Saban, do you? Bama hasn't done or shown a damn thing all year long, they haven't had to, they've steamrolled everyone anyway. But you better believe they'll be showing something to LSU for the first time.
You saw Miles outcoach Saban tonight.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I thought it was a very good defensive battle. Saban's mismanagement of the last 2 1/2 or so minutes of regulation, and his decision to go for three field goals instead of punting in the first quarter are what cost him the game.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Sunbaneglasses wrote: Was a great defensive game, the teams choked the hell out of one another. A game doesn't have to be 41 - 39 to be a good game.
It doesn't, true. But it seemed to me [though I was distracted/multi-tasking so perhaps skewed perspective] more uninspired offense than pumped up D.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

I would like to thank the LSU's players and coaches for collectively shutting those obnoxious Bama fans the hell up for at least a day or two.
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

jelerak wrote:this forum is open for comments...

???
This is my first opportunity to post here since the 'Game of the Century'. It was a great game. A couple of things -
  • I've questioned LSU's toughness in the past. Not this year. They have a deep, talented, tough team. It was obvious that they had superior depth to Bama all over the field to go along with similar talent.
  • Never been a fan of Jordan Jefferson. His ability to move the ball out of the option won the game for LSU though. Well, that and Bama's kicker. Jefferson has come a long way as a passer.
  • I was disappointed for Jarrett Lee. I think Miles basically screwed him by sitting him for an hour immediately after his pic. That is the precisely wrong way to handle a QB's confidence. You have to throw him back on the horse immediately and dial up a short pass or two to get him settled back down. That said, LSU did not need any QB heroics, they just had to hang around to pick up the pieces of Bama's offensive and ST miscues.
  • Other than screwing Jarrett Lee, Miles called a decent game. I was waiting for him to give it away with a screwball fake field goal or something but he restrained himself. He was obviously listening to his gut by leaving Jefferson in there, and his gut did not fail him. Still, I have a hard time classifying this as "outcoaching" Saban.
  • It's a bit startling to see such piss poor special teams from a coach as revered as Saban.
  • Bama's one great trick play was a pass from Maze to the TE. This speaks volumes about Bama's lack of confidence in A.J. McCarron.
  • I had thought that Bama was holding back all year. It turns out that Bama was hiding their QB all year. You cannot win big games without a QB capable of making plays during crunch time. Although Bama almost did. You cannot cultivate a QB capable of making crunch time plays without asking him to work through the scenario in a live game on occassion before you get to the big game.
  • I think we have discovered the Achilles' heel of Saban teams: Nick Saban hates QBs. If you think about it, it kind of makes sense, since he is a former DB who is revered as a defensive guru. He structures his teams to be independent of QB decision making; QBs are asked to quietly hand off the football and they better be damn sure to not make a mistake during the handful of meaningful passes they throw per game if they don't want the Wrath of Saban unleashed. If Bama executes perfectly this strategy works. However if they do not execute perfectly, the QB is completely unprepared to provide any kind of spark or heroics to save the game. AJ McCarron's confidence is as dead as Dillinger, and Saban killed it. Or more truly, never let it live in the first place.
  • It doesn't even need to be said that any one of a number of things being different would have given Bama the game. I work with some fans that are crying about the 'interception' at the goal line -- and it does look like he was down, at least in the picture they show me.
  • If LSU can get past Arkansas unscathed, and I'm not sure that they can, they will cruise to the MNC.
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

LSU needs to watch it this week...at Ole Miss. This is a classic trap game scenario, right before what will now be the biggest game for LSU this season with Arkansas coming to Death Valley the day after Thanksgiving.

So far a pretty good resume, though...beating both Oregon and 'Bama to be where we are right now.

Should we make it to Atlanta, Georgia will be tough as it will be like a home game for them.

...we gotta get there first.

Return to “Sports”