Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Say Hello in HERE :)

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Shaun das Schaf »

Thank-you Ananda.
I'm not sure who the recipient of my accidental gratitude was but I am looking forward to knowing you folk well enough to get any inside 'advanced-spambot' jokes!

Thank-you sindatur.

Hello Zorm & wayfriend.
Delighted to see so much Shaun-creator love. Here is the Wanton Thanker with yours truly….

s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m620/ShaundasSchaf/?action=view&current=sharkienshaun.jpg

Hello and thank-you Menolly.
Yes, 'the Gong' is about 80 kms south of fair Sydney and in my humble opinion, definitely qualifies as beautiful.
Phoogle tells me StevieG is in Tasmania. Whilst I've no wish to enter into existing 'quarrels' ;-), given he's surrounded by World Heritage environment, he might not be too far from the truth with his Andelain comparisons!
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

On behalf of all the Watchers who are old enough to remember when SDS stood for Students for a Democratic Society:
  • Welcome SDS!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Hello and thank-you Savor Dam.

As an Australian of the early 70's, I was unfamiliar with the original use of SDS, but I am glad it wasn't a Young Liberal organisation.
(Before you misinterpret me, our Liberals are your Republicans! Well, they're not THAT bad, but they are conservative.)
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Welcome, SDS! And a welcome to your polite cat, too. One of mine likes to help me post, but the results are generally not worth sharing.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Hello Sorus! And hello from Sharkie, the polite feline.

Glad you have a trigger-happy cat too, more than one by the sounds of it. I have a couple and have decided they may come in handy to blame for any typos, spelling mistakes or ill-thought-out opinions later regretted. Perhaps you could try this too? We can create a community of remedial English cats.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Heh. I like the idea, but I think folks around here know me too well for it to work.

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8808&start=1710

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

hi Shaun das Schaf
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Hello sgt.null.

LOVE those pics (and narrative) Sorus, but re: the question of setting boundaries, it's already too late. You're her biatch by the looks of it ;)

In the spirit of hard-working quadrupeds...

s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m620/ShaundasSchaf/?action=view&current=deskshaun.jpg

P.S. Good luck with the important task of naming.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Heh, thanks. That's a slightly old topic, and she does have a name now (Min), and as to boundaries, I know they just keep me around because opposable thumbs can be useful.

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Shaun das Schaf wrote: In the spirit of hard-working quadrupeds...
s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m620/ShaundasSchaf/?action=view&current=deskshaun.jpg
Uuu, a shiny Wacom! Anyone in your household artistically inclined, or is that just for regular office use (for which they're great too)?
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

I would love to be as artistically talented as yourself, but alas the shiny one is for video editing and general office use.
(Evil mouses make for killer RSI in my line of work.)
Love my Wacom and love what you do with yours!
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Shaun das Schaf wrote:Hello sgt.null.

LOVE those pics (and narrative) Sorus, but re: the question of setting boundaries, it's already too late. You're her biatch by the looks of it ;)

In the spirit of hard-working quadrupeds...

P.S. Good luck with the important task of naming.
ok i'm in LOVE with that beautiful keyboard!! :D

welcome to the loony bin SdS !! good to have you aboard!
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Thanks lucimay!

I'm glad to be aboard the Good Ship Loonybin. Unfortunately I think I'll fit in here. I say unfortunately because, going by my explorations thus far, I foresee an inverse relationship between SdS's RL productivity and KW presence!

P.S. I'd love the keyboard too if it was just a perty qwerty, and not a perty qwerty I associate with paid work that interferes with important things like reading and internetting.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Hahaha, I think you're right about fitting in. Welcome to the Watch. The inmates are mostly harmless. ;)

Have fun, and join in. Don't try catch up. You'll never catch up. Just start posting. :D

--A
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Don't try catch up. You'll never catch up. Just start posting. :D
Aw.... but I've only got 825,752 posts to go.

Hi Avatar, thanks for the welcome. I'll move off this rock real soon and see you out there!

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

Go post. ;)

--A
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Shaun das Schaf wrote:but alas the shiny one is for video editing and general office use. (Evil mouses make for killer RSI in my line of work.)
They're great, aren't they; yet sooo costly. One'd think the hardware industry would've so far invented inexpensive implements that won't turn one's shoulders to stone for your basic cursor directing and a few clicks. But apparently not.

(To know that I use a Wacom, though, you must've lurked around a fair deal. This probably merits a badge of some kind. Nevertheless, thanks for the compliments. :))
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Zorm wrote:They're great, aren't they; yet sooo costly. One'd think the hardware industry would've so far invented inexpensive implements that won't turn one's shoulders to stone for your basic cursor directing and a few clicks. But apparently not.
I know, sucks eh. They are expensive but I can recommend doing what I did: buy the smallest one available, take it to work, swap it with a bigass one, bring the bigass one home! :lol: Took two years for anyone to notice and then it was the IT guy who's a very good friend and just laughed... and then gave me a bigass monitor that fell off the CEO's desk! :D
Zorm wrote:(To know that I use a Wacom, though, you must've lurked around a fair deal. This probably merits a badge of some kind. Nevertheless, thanks for the compliments. :))

You're welcome. I love me some badges but it would be undeserved in this case. Haven't been lurking long, but I have seen your work and when you mentioned my shiny tool (I was hoping because I'm female that wouldn't sound so bad but it still sounds VERY wrong), I put two and two together and got Wacom-drawer.

Now, I really must go post elsewhere before I set a worst-case-of-vertico-ever record in this thread!
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Wouldn't be able to do that myself as I am an/the IT guy (or a gal in this case).

Shaun das Schaf wrote:...and when you mentioned my shiny tool (I was hoping because I'm female that wouldn't sound so bad but it still sounds VERY wrong)
:lol: :lol:

Hum...a shiny tool sounds like something Edward Cullen might possess.

Aye, and like Avatar said, go post! ;)

Post by Avatar »

Y'know, I really gotta start paying attention to the little eh-brand / graveler under people's avatars...

:LOLS:

--A

Return to “The Summonsing”