Nodding "I saw the flashy."

Remembering the Bad Water Goo Things...

"Out is Good."

Calling to the people on the rug.

"Out is that way!"
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker looks hesitant, and confused...."Led, how can you be sure? I'm not being accusatory, simply trying to understand." as she glances nervously around.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"I grew up in a village on the edge of the Heshic plains and the Darkwood. Sometimes, there would be adventurers who would stop there before going deeper into the darkness. Most of them didn't come back, but a few made it far enough to see the flashes on the tower. They described it pretty clearly."
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

She mutters a brief prayer of thanks to He Who Is Wisdom for Led's memory. "Then by all means, let us head for your homeland. Knowing what this place once was....and seeing, hearing, feeling, what elven hubris made of it....I am sickened, and cannot leave soon enough"
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Leave? Can't we summon the efreeti? Cleansing fire would really improve this place."
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"Even Efreeti would just wound the Wood before they died."

[Where's the second mephit?]
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

"But if it makes firey that wound the Bad Wood then it's hurt. If it's hurt, then it's all painy and hurty. If you make enough painy and hurty it becomes Bad Dead Wood."

Smiling that disturbing smile.

"If we make enough fire, we can kill it."

Looking at Sigrid "Can you ask what you don't know to see if it will let you know how to make a fire to kill the Bad Wood?"

Stopping for a thought "But how much fire. It's a big Bad Wood, and we need a Big Firey Fire. If we don't know how much we need, and you ask what you don't know for something you want but don't know how much of what you want will it make enough of what you know but not how much sent by what you don't....?"

Realizing she's way out of her depth.

"Make it a Good Fire. I like a Good Fire." and nods with a confidence that everything will work out.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"A Good Fire?"

I cast Divination. "Can I Bless Fire the way I Bless Water? Would that cleanse the corruption of the Darkwood?"

[I think this is the Sacred Spell feat.]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

"A single spark cannot hold all the night at bay, illuminate though it does."
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I listen to the Unknowable's words.

"It's a matter of scale. I can't make a fire big enough to burn the whole Darkwood. Even Efreeti couldn't."

"Let's go home. We can't do much here. Maybe the elves can help us make a bigger fire."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Okay, I guess that makes sense. But I'm going to hunt as we go."
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

"So you don't know if what you don't.."

Stopping before she breaks herself.

"This place is Icky. I want to go see a village full of Kitties."
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Kali rubs the back of her head. "I don't like cages. I agree with leaving."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

You head off, in what essentially is east by northeast.

after a few hours, you notice something quivering covering some rocks off to your left...the rocks are just barely breaking the surface of scum-covered water.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I use the Crystal Ball to Scry on the something. I move the sensor under the water, to look at the rocks from below.

I bet that's not really rocks.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (33/50)
 Create Water| Bless Water |*Augury      | Dispel Magic|*Divination  | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bless Water | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Dismissal   | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Sending     | C Critical  2
 Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Planar Ally | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (6/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (8/8) |Sorc 3 (8/8) |Sorc 4 (5/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  3/3| Reson Bolt 33
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf|             |             |             |             |
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The...thing..is spread across the rock..anchored to it, like lichen, or moss....beneath, the thing drapes into the water...4 growths, hanging down....unlike the mass atop these appear to have some internal structure...sinking into the water, into the soil.....slow pulsations are visible long these....roots? Suddenly, you realize the hideous truth..this thing is some kid of rabbit....alive, yet somehow devolved, or mutated, into a sessile, plant-like organism. Eyes roll into view from hidden within its amorphous mass, to look at you...a mouth is revealed, and it hisses at you.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Seven Words wrote: Suddenly, you realize the hideous truth..this thing is some kid of rabbit.....

BUNNY!
Seven Words wrote:Eyes roll into view from hidden within its amorphous mass, to look at you...a mouth is revealed, and it hisses at you.
BUN, er, Bad?

Fly around to the other side of the abunnynation, the ground on the far side. Land, Darky where I land. Hide in Shadows, leave the Darky to move to get behind/flank the Bunny at a distance, not near melee range. Darky should at least make it think I'm somewhere else.

It's a rock. It's on rock. It's a bunny. on rock. Rock bunny? Planty bunny? Buntree? Bushbit?

[Size up the Bunny-ish part of it.]
[Dodge V Abunnynation.]
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"Do we need to stay and try to kill everything we find? I just want to go back to civilization."

I cast Orb of Acid on whatever it is.

"There. That should do it."

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (33/50)
 Create Water| Bless Water |*Augury      | Dispel Magic|*Divination  | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bless Water | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Dismissal   | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Sending     | C Critical  2
 Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Planar Ally | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
Sorc 0 (6/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (8/8) |Sorc 3 (8/8) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  3/3| Reson Bolt 33
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf|             |             |             |             |
[/quote]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

It screams, as only a dying rabbit can.....

But that piercing scream is picked up, echoed and reechoed....there are apparently many rabbitrees here. None are mobile, but the cacophany is certain to attract attention.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Once it stops moving, come out of shadows...

"It screamed a bunnyscream. The Bun, er, tree, um, buntre" She quickly blurts out, frustrated that the phrase isn't being worky "the Bunny screamed when you meltyd the tree."

Look up at Sigrid

"I think you made the trees angry, and their bunnies are saying so."

Duck back into the shadows "Angry Trees make Screamy Bunnies that bring the Bad Things." Then in an almost whine from somewhere over there "Led, are we there yet? I want to see the Kitties."

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”