Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"I think stealth is a better way of moving around in the Darkwood."

"Let's continue on. This has the feel of a warning system. I'm sure soldiers will arrive soon."
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

"Well done."

She claps with enthusiasm.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I make a face at Kali.

I tell the carpet to keep flying us home.

"I need more acid. Maybe a permanent acid cloud. A mile high. Strong enough to melt stone."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

A scream is cut off by an odd, *fwoosh* sound.

Several, in fact.

A brief nimbus of flames flickers around Kalindriel for a second, her Spell Resistance fending off some attack...

A glimpse of of a lizard/rooster hybrid is visible through the trees, briefly....judging by the angles, Kalindriel had happened to meet its gaze....
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

While the rest of the party stays on the carpet, moving back towards civilization (or at least Led's home village), Led pays attention to the lizard/rooster.

I'm going to be coming back through here later. I might as well know what to look for. he thinks, as he tries to figure out how mobile the thing is, and how perceptive. The rabbits were immobile, but spread around. These seem to be all animals, so they can probably move. Probably chase us.

As he approaches the one, he keeps an eye out for more. Anything too easy to take MUST be part of a larger group. Too many of those FWOOSHes, and I might actually get hurt..

[I'm assuming that since Led can't fit on the carpet anyway, he's running along through the branches. That gives him the leeway to circle around, sneak up on stuff, observe in more detail, and then speed back to the carpet. Carpet moves at 40. Led runs at 320.]

"Little 'Trina, let's stay together. We don't want to lose the carpet."
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

[Can has map? plzkthxbai?]
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

[Pritty plz can has map kthxbai?]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

A sound, much like a large chicken's death-cry rings out...repeatedly.....and a series of gurgling chuckles, and speech too faint to understand follows each terminal wail.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Rumbly gurgly thing. Laughy thing that killed firey chickens.

Stay hidden, keep silent, try to see whatever it was that is coming, while not looking at the chicken.

Once (it/they) comes into view, study (it/if more then one I'll pick one.)
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led moves upwards on the trunk of his tree, and moves around to the far side of the trunk from where the squawking was. When he gets to the next branch up, he moves around behind the trunk and peeks out towards the squawk to see what he can see.

[Darkvision 60'. Blindsense 30'. Scent. Led is not inside any Darkness effects.]

[DFA with skirmish. Oh yes, this is happening.]
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Kali uses the shadows to hide upon the rug while scanning the area with her superior dark vision.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

The carpet keeps flying away. I think the carpet will get away from whatever it is back there.

I'll just watch behind us and try to stop anything that tries to get us.

I hold my Rod of Absorption, so I can counter any spells cast at me.

I use Arcane Sight to look for anything magical. I have darkvision, too.

And, I cast Spectral Hand, in case I need to use a touch spell.

I should make the carpet fly faster. And hide from detection. So much to do to the carpet.

I hug Anna with my other arm. "Beloved, if we have to battle something. The carpet should keep flying away. Kalindriel and I can catch up later. You and Skyseeker can't get back to the carpet on your own, though. So you should stay here." [Who has the belt of teleport?]

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (33/50)
 Create Water| Bless Water |*Augury      | Dispel Magic|*Divination  | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bless Water | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Dismissal   | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Sending     | C Critical  2
 Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Planar Ally | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (6/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (7/8) |Sorc 3 (8/8) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  3/3| Reson Bolt 33
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf|             |             |             |             |
 Spectr Hand |             |             |             |             |
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

[Skyseeker had the Porty booties last I knew, while Her, Kitty and I were scouting]
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

I try to stay in the tent, so my flame doesn't give away our location.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

[Skyseeker could use the boots to get back to the carpet. Anna's player lost internet access. We can leave Anna on the carpet.]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

PMs sent
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[This is gonna be fun.]

Led inspects the three enemies as they move into his range. Too strong. He lets them get a little past him, hoping to just watch them and learn, when he realizes they're going to eventually catch up to the carpet. We need to lure them away.

He moves the rest of the way onto the branch, looking down at the lizardfolk. "Little 'Trina, come back to me, quickly."

Then he waits for his hunting buddy to arrive and get into the saddle, before racing away at full speed to the northwest (assuming the carpet is travelling more or less towards the east).
  • 123hp MAX
    Dodge vs. Barbarian
    AC while waiting for 'Trina: 39
    AC while fleeing: 42
    AC vs. Barbarian: 43
    Movement when running: 280
    I'm hoping for a surprise round here
    Led will limit his speed to 220 at first, until he can guage the top speed of the Barbarian.
    Then he'll try to maintain a decent lead without losing them for a while.
    We need to lure them far far away from the carpet.
    Sigrid has Status up, she can track us and lead us back to the carpet later.
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

The grin to end all grins splits her face as an idea comes to mind...

[They don't know we're here, Kitty and me has surprise.]

Jump up from hiding flying up to the kitty and mount.

[Unsure if distance required "run", "hustle" or just a normal "move", still waiting on a map].

[You can "fast mount" DC 20 on ride to make it a free action. 12 Ride total with buffs. Led may have things that help, I dunno mounties.]

Hold on tight and find the rope tied to the saddle...

[AC: 35 (With all modifiers)]
[Attack Bonus: 22 (With all modifiers)]
[88/88 HP (12 of which is Temporary)]
Dodge V Sneaky looking Lizzy (AC 36)
[Blessing of Darethon: +2 Str/Dex/Con until dusk]
Feat: Expert Tactician: If enemy denied Dex I get one free attack at full BAB.
[Heavy Fortification, DR 10/Magic]
Feat: Rapidstrike: When making a full attack with paired natural weapons, you may make one additional attack at -5 BAB
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[Led has 5 ranks of ride, 5 dex bonus, and a military saddle for +2, to assist 'Trina in a fast mount action.]
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

[From the map I appear to have made it into the Kitty saddle]

Having unwound about 25 feet of rope from the loose end of the rope, the other is secured to the saddle already, wrap it around my left arm a few times up towards my hand, and get a grasp with my left hand, also grip it with my right hand.

Once my Kitty takes off running, spread my wings and kick back out of the saddle airborne. Darky myself. Use my wings to stay in the air behind my Kitty while he bolts.

Once the rope pulls tight and I'm behind my Kitty...

"WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

[OOC: Darkness is 20 foot radius, Led should be out of it so he can see while it covers both our butts. Tumble checks if needed to stay in the air/glide/steer. Ponies and Gentlecolts, we have a 'Trina kite]

[AC: 35 (With all modifiers)]
[Attack Bonus: 22 (With all modifiers)]
Darkness: 12 minutes.
[88/88 HP (12 of which is Temporary)]
Dodge V Sneaky looking Lizzy (AC 36)
[Blessing of Darethon: +2 Str/Dex/Con until dusk]
Feat: Expert Tactician: If enemy denied Dex I get one free attack at full BAB.
[Heavy Fortification, DR 10/Magic]
Feat: Rapidstrike: When making a full attack with paired natural weapons, you may make one additional attack at -5 BAB

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”