World of Warcraft

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

The idea of a cross-faction race is interesting, and I wonder how that will work out, but why, WHY did they have to base it on the most obnoxious npc in existence? I know I'm gonna catch some flak over this, so I might as well get it over with early. I can't STAND that vanity pet. I got an addon for the sole purpose of muting it because I was tired of taking my earphones off every time someone in the AH had one out.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Yeah, I love the idea of a monk class (which seems to bring back a spec that I used to like DKs for), but pandas... nyarg.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

You guys should post more. I'm a few weeks late it seems, but congratulations on getting Ragnaros down.

On my side we've decided to stop working on Ragnaros Heroic, since there's obviously no chance we'll get him down before the patch - we've never survived more than one wave of adds in phase 2, and we weren't really improving in the limited time we spent on him.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Not much to report, really - we got the Rags kill and made a couple of attempts at heroic Shannox. I think the heroics are completely do-able for us, with our usual wipe-a-thons, but no one seems to have the patience for serious attempts right now. Eh well. New patch soon, and I could certainly do with a change of scenery.

thranathiril
Woodhelvennin

Post by thranathiril »

Can someone please post a brief note about what realms and guilds folks are in? I may want to move all my raiding toons off my current CST server before the next expansion. Thanks.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

thranathiril wrote:Can someone please post a brief note about what realms and guilds folks are in? I may want to move all my raiding toons off my current CST server before the next expansion. Thanks.
why shore! :D be glad to have ya! :D

we're an alliance guild called Legacy on The Scryers server.

we're a casual raiding guild, definitely not hard core. right now it's pretty slow, we're 7/7 on normal. went a couple of go's on shannox heroic but didn't have our main progression team so didn't go down. we've lost some
dps due to couple guys takin breaks from wow. (god help us TOR is gonna kill our raid team)

Murrin was playing with us and has a great pally tank named Kysen but he lives in England and our raid times were not jibing with the times he could play so he's made new toons on an EU server.
we have 190 members but honestly, about 15 - 20 fairly active members and most of those have scads of alts so that 190 is pretty inflated compared to who is mostly on game.

we have vent and 7 guild tabs. bank access according to whether or not you have an authenticator, first 3 tabs are full access for authenticated members, last 4 are craft and raid oriented stuff and require guildmomma, guild daddy, or an officer to get something out for you if you need it.

the watch members who play started a guild called The Watch on that same server but never had enough to raid. Sorus met up with a good raid team pugging malygos or something back a couple years ago with a guild called Arcanus Draconum run by Kelleta (priest healer) and her husband Drayec (warrior dps and tank). eventually we married up the guilds and formed a third guild called Legacy that we put all our mains in. we still hold both the guild banks for the old guilds and keep low lvl alts in them for storage.

we also have a small hordie guild called Crits n Giggles which was a private guild of Dray's and Kell's which they opened up to me and a couple other peeps who wanted to make horde toons. we rarely play on that side tho.
Creator has maxed out his classes on the alliance side and is working on making horde toons now so he's over there alla time these days! LOL!!
(can you say altaholic?? :P )

watchers that have toons in Legacy are:

Sorus
Lucimay
Murrin
Variol Son
Web Monkey
Syl
Creator
Rigel
thats all i can think of right now, sorry if i left anyone out.

Kell also joined the watch and posts in this thread ever now and then.

thats all the info i can think of.
like i said, due to TOR coming out and people taking breaks and holidays and such, there hasn't been much activity lately but you can usually find myself, sorus or web monkey on, we are all officers and can guild invite.

should you want to get in touch with us ingame look for our toons

Sorus' toons: Heleina, Ilatmaru, Alti, Sorus, ok well she's got too many to list but those ones are the ones she's on most often. P:D

luci's toons: Irvea, Mirrth, Silanah, Dunsparrow, Meeraa, and horde side i'm Maadelain or Madmaadie.

web monkey's toons: Tekki, Larkoid, Jhemtar, Nortoni

guild leaders are, as i said, Kelleta and Drayec.

you could roll a fresh toon and join us and see how you like it before spending the money to move servers. :D
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Dragon Soul raid is a joke. First boss especially, he didn't feel like a raid boss at all. Morchok's no harder than something in the 4.0 heroics, imo.

4/8 in an hour, with 2 wipes (one Zon'ozz to odd ball behaviour, one to Hagara to ice spikes).
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

OK, so apparently there are some actual raid bosses in Dragon Soul once you get halfway in. I just killed Ultraxion and Blackhorn, and we worked on Spine of Deathwing for a few pulls (think we finally got the hang of it on last pull; the first part is the hardest).

Those took a lot more work than the first four. Combined. Heck, 3 hours on Blackhorn, Ultraxion, and Spine, versus under 1.5 hours on the first four bosses (including stopping to bring in 3 or 4 rogues to pickpocket the fourth boss).
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

We've got our first encounter scheduled for Monday. Gotta watch videos and update DBM and stuff. Hoping the early fights are as easy as everyone is saying. Also hoping the end stuff is a decent challenge.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Madness of Deathwing is one hell of a fight. We didn't get to see phase 2, but our final attempt was close - we were on the fourth platform, and the tank died just before the tentacle did.

Very, very tight dps check. Getting tentacles down before a second impale while also getting the meteors down (first two platforms) or while running away from meteors (after 2nd platform) is very hard. Once the tentacle is dead and people have survived the meteor, it's an easy burn for each limb, though.

That last platform is a bitch. Tentacle spawns almost immediately and the meteor comes a few second early.

Hopefully kill it next week!

Good luck on your run on Monday.
Web Monkey
Woodhelvennin

Post by Web Monkey »

Murrin wrote:Dragon Soul raid is a joke. First boss especially, he didn't feel like a raid boss at all. Morchok's no harder than something in the 4.0 heroics, imo.

4/8 in an hour, with 2 wipes (one Zon'ozz to odd ball behaviour, one to Hagara to ice spikes).
We are only 2/8 after 2 raid nights put in.

I agree that the first boss is basically easier than 75% of the 5-man fights in cataclysm. We could probably 7-man it.
'You can never step in the same river twice'

West of House.
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Our second week's been a lot more painful than the first so far. Bunch of avoidable wipes on Zon'ozz and Hagara. Still one-shot Morchok and Yor'sahj.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I think we could get Hagara, but Zon'ozz is a bitch and a half to heal. We've got the mechanics down, but people fall over when we cleanse them, and they fall over if we don't cleanse them. Probably won't be so bad after we get a bit more gear, but for now... Ouch.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

And Deathwing is down. I punched his chin and I punched it hard.

Deathwing's adds in the final phase hit very, very hard. Our tank died to both spawns on the kill.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Awesome! Grats!

Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

Congratulations!! I hope you got awesome gear!!
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Haha. We gota Feral staff and a healing mace - the first had to go to offspec. Only thing I've got so far this tier is my T13 helm.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

GARTS Murrin! or Kysen or Mardun or whoever you are over there! :lol: we miss you very much!!!

|G
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

How're things going in Dragon Soul, folks?

We downed our second heroic boss today, Yor'sahj. We spent a little time on him on Thursday, three full hours yesterday, then killed him on the first pull today. The main problem was people dying in Black+Red phases, usually solved by makin sure they move in closer.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Our tanks all ditched us for that new Star Wars thing, so we're stuck until they get bored of it or we recruit.

Return to “PC & Console Games”