Jungle Jim's in Fairfield, OH (Basically Cincinnati)

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Harbinger
The Gap Into Spam

Jungle Jim's in Fairfield, OH (Basically Cincinnati)

Post by Harbinger »

Need a black bear leg to roast? How about an African lion shoulder? Whole rattlesnake, yak meat, turtle, gator, alpaca etc. etc. You'll find it at Jungle Jim's. Need fresh trout, salmon, catfish, or walleye? You can buy a live one. One acre of produce. And that's not counting the international produce section. Lots of fruits and vegetables I'd never even heard of. More than eighty varieties of olive oil. And other oils I've never even heard of. Forty kinds of rice. Free samples galore. I got full once on a particularly good (for the free samples) Saturday. HUGE beer and wine selection.

The store is 200,000 sq. feet. That's almost FOUR football fields. They give you a map when you walk in. It's as if you were at a zoo or amusement park. For five bucks, they have a guided tour. You will spend most of the day there if you don't limit your browsing. It is probably the most amazing store I've ever been in.

Take a look:www.junglejims.com/

Be sure to look at the map!
Never underestimate the power of denial. - Ricky Fitts
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Sounds pretty cool, looks kinda fun... ...except that I kinda hate shopping, esp at places where I feel overwhelmed by selection and advertising, so I'd probably get tired-out really fast.

My sis or I once won a gift certificate to some restaurant that serves exotic meats, so I had gator, I think. The exotic meats... that's gotta bring people in for curiosity.

The entrance of the place looks really snazzy. Some of their displays look really snazzy. (i.e. the Robin Hood one.) They've got a pet shop inside there?
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Harbinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Harbinger »

There is a pet store in Jungle Jim's. It's a Petland or Petco or something. There's also a pet section in the store that sells a lot of diffrent pet foods and stuff.

I looked at some of the yelp reviews. Hilarious:
Chuck E. Cheese for grownups.
Is it an amusement park, or a grocery store, or just the stuff my wet dreams are made of?

Yes. Those things.

I came to Cincinnati with a friend a few weeks ago, and she insisted on taking me here. "Why are we going to a grocery store?" I wondered. Foolish me. This is no grocery store. This is where I want to go when I die.
Imagine that Trader Joe's and Whole Foods got together and decided to have a baby. Now imagine that after conceiving, the couple, who by the way work at a top-secret military research laboratory, were exposed to massive doses of gamma radiation in a freak accident. Now imagine that their baby, its DNA irreversibly altered by the gamma rays in ways that modern science cannot begin to comprehend, acquires unfathomable super powers, allowing it to morph into a creature many times the size and prowess of both its parents combined.

They named that baby Jungle Jim.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

*shrug* It doesn't have pinollio... :P
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Harbinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Harbinger »

I had to look that one up. I wonder how many restaurants in the US serve that? Maybe 90% of the Nicaraguan restuarants?
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Harbinger wrote:I had to look that one up. I wonder how many restaurants in the US serve that? Maybe 90% of the Nicaraguan restuarants?
All of them :biggrin: It'd hardly be a Nicaraguan restaurant without it!
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley

Return to “The Galley”