Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

She moves away from Cryak, sensing a bigger threat incoming.

Trees falling from that way, rug is here...so I'll move over there....

[Moving so that when it comes into the clearing, there will be flanking. Lots of flanking.]

I no know you Burpy Talky Man. But if you hurt my kitty, the wingy girls, or the non wingy girls. You will be Dealt With. I will end you...

Try to see what is making this racket, one I get visual on it, study.

Darethon. You gave us good hunty earlier. Please be with us as we hunty this whatever-that-is-no-dragon that is hunty us. Love you. 'Trina.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I make sure I'm a good distance from led, so that we're not giving the beast one target to charge.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"Knowing precisely what it is helps me. Maelephants can be Dismissed, fiendish elephants cannot. Please be more forthcoming with useful information in the future?"

I get ready to cast Dismissal on it. [Range 55'. It must make a Will save against a save DC of (33 - its Hit Die).]

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (30/50)
 Create Water| Bless Water |*Augury      | Dispel Magic|*Divination  | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bless Water | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Dismissal   | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Sending     | C Critical  2
 Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Planar Ally | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (2/8) |Sorc 3 (7/8) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  2/3| Reson Bolt 33
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 58/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf| Animalistic | Cat's Grace | Cat's Grace | Cat's Grace |
 Spectr Hand |             |             |             |             |
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[Are we on the ground, now? Not way up in the very top branches? The way the branches are supposed to be interwoven, I'd be surprised if even uprooting a tree could topple it.]

Led listens to the crashing. By the sound of it, this thing might be entertaining, even if it's not a dragon. He sets himself up on a long stretch of ground where he can get a good running charge at the thing, once it's close enough for the others to get to it.

As a side thought, he tries to judge how fast the thing is moving through the trees. Maybe the party can simply outrun it. Or, since it's clearly walking... they could just stay high enough over the treetops to be untouchable.

To Skyseeker, he adds "When I get Ruthorford back from Marrick's body, you can borrow it. It's big, and would probably not like an infernal elephant thingy too much. But you'd have to get up-close and personal to use it. Can you do that?"
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I cast Cure Critical Wounds on Katrina. [4d8 + 14 hp]

Then I get ready to cast Dismissal on the maelephant again.

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (30/50)
 Create Water| Bless Water |*Augury      | Dispel Magic|*Divination  | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bless Water | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Dismissal   | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Sending     | C Critical  2
 Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Planar Ally | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (2/8) |Sorc 3 (7/8) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  2/3| Reson Bolt 33
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Sigrid wrote:"Knowing precisely what it is helps me. Maelephants can be Dismissed, fiendish elephants cannot. Please be more forthcoming with useful information in the future?"
"My apologies." The shadow makes a sweeping bow.

"I forget we have intelligent thinking beings in this group at times. Reason gets lost all too often to mindless indulgences..." she trails off while rolling her eyes away from Led.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led smirks at Kalindriel, and says "So there. She told you!" He tries to hide the actual pain he feels as a result of the Charm effect that's still in effect.

Why would you hurt me like that, Mistress?
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

OOC--map will be created at home, posting from work....sssshhhhh

The Maelephant bursts into sight, gaze fixating rapidly upon Kalinriel's shadowy form.....

Sigrid casts her ready Dismissal, but the creature's eldritch nature resists her theurgy!

Katrina gazes intently upon the monstrosity...pinpointing where to strike to most readily Deal With it.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kali says to no one in particular, "Seriously? You're most angry at me? Damnable Hellspawn."

She sets to receive it's charge. If it really wants to get to her, then it will have to impale itself upon the length of Vhashik.

[Set to receive charge using the tree behind her. Delay action if necessary. Full attack (+16/+11/+6), drain energy with each, shadow strike with each.]
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

Cryak stands as the creature bursts into view. "WOOee! Lookit that thing!" He grins as he hoots with pleasure and attacks the beast as it runs past.

[Full Attack routine at +16/+7 to hit, 1d12 X1.5 Damage]
[AC: 17, 15 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed]
[Feat: Combat Reflexes]
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Full attack with quickened touch of fatigue when it gets close enough. Taste chains, vile elephant!
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led notices Kali readying to receive the charge. He adjusts his charge so that once the thing has gotten to her (and hopefully stopped), Led himself will arrive and take advantage of her flanking position to distract him.
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I say a word I shouldn't know. It's a very rude word in Elvish.

I cast Scorching Ray at the maelophant.

Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Planar Ally | Restoration 2
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (1/8) |Sorc 3 (7/8) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
Last edited by Sigrid on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

My jaw drops at Sigrid's word. I'm surprised she knows it. My mother only used that word when she was ready to throttle my father. I repeated it once, and she made me drink a tonic so foul that I never considered using it again. My winged temptress has a temper on her, I see. I stay alert, waiting for the malephant.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Oooooo, she said ^&*($

Trying not to giggle at the word, she moves to be ready to attack from a flanking position once her studying of it's anatomy is finished.

Study Target: Bad Elephant
[Blessing of Darethon: +2 Str/Dex/Con]
[Total Attacks Mods: +22, Claws 4d6, 3d6 Sneak Attack, +3 for Str, Bite 1d6, Shadow Striking (First hit is normal, then I'm attuned and bypass targets DR)]
[Total Defense Mods: AC: 35, 36 v Bad Elephant(Dodge), Heavy Fortification, DR: 10/Magic. SR: 22]
[88/88 HP (12 of which is Temporary)]
Feat: Expert Tactician: If enemy denied Dex I get one free attack at full BAB.
Feat: Rapidstrike: When making a full attack with paired natural weapons, you may make one additional attack at -5 BAB
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Cryak lashes out with his might axe as it charges past him, two blows as it approaches, and one opportune slash as it passes! Only his first blow lands....and it's hide ablates much of his effect! (6 points)

Skyseeker's axe arcs out as she moves to the same side as Trina....striking and returning! Again, its hide resists the damage....but the anarchic enchantment send wild energies into the beast! (7 points)

It impales itself quite thoroughly upon Kalindriel's dire blade, a vital point lanced, foul sludgy ichor gouting from the wound on its neck!.....(CRITICAL HIT!! 15 points)

Led charges, bounding from tree to tree before leaping majestically..but misjudging and coming up short!

The maelephants tusks gore Kalindriel as it charges! (42 points)

Anna casts her spell and savagely beats the infernal monstrosity! her first two slams land, but the fiends tough hide deflects her other attacks! The power of her blows lends force to her spell, enabling her to literally pound the spell past its resistance! However, it manages to focus its will and remain strong. (12 phys, 5 sonic, 6 holy and 11 phys, 4 sonic, 9 holy)

Sigrid unleashes a trio of beams with her Scorching Ray spell! All of them burn deep into the beast! (16, 13 and 19 points)
Last edited by Seven Words on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Sigrid, try your new spell!" shouts the scout, after completely failing to do anything to the giant thing.
  • Hold action until after Sigrid casts.
    Climb up the tree behind Kali, until I'm 10' over it's head.
    Drop down on top of it. DFA (with skirmish).
I hope this tree holds.
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

[We have lock, I repeat, we have a lock on target]

Ooooo, I have to hit it.....there!

Full attack, if no dex for him, 5 attacks. 4 claws and a bite. If he has dex, 4 attacks, 3 claws and a bite. DR is irrelevant after first strike due to Shadow Striking.

He tried to squish Kali. Bad Elephant. BAD!

Cast Critical Strike on my second claw attack (Swift: +1d6 sneak attack damage, double crit range, +4 crit threat).

Study Target: Bad Elephant
[Blessing of Darethon: +2 Str/Dex/Con]
[Total Attacks Mods: +24, Claws 4d6, 3d6 Sneak Attack, +3 for Str, Bite 1d6, Shadow Striking (First hit is normal, then I'm attuned and bypass targets DR)]
[Total Defense Mods: AC: 37, 38 v Bad Elephant(Dodge), Heavy Fortification, DR: 10/Magic. SR: 22]
[88/88 HP (12 of which is Temporary)]
Feat: Expert Tactician: If enemy denied Dex I get one free attack at full BAB.
Feat: Rapidstrike: When making a full attack with paired natural weapons, you may make one additional attack at -5 BAB

SPELL: +4 Dex, Cat's Grace.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I cast Greater Enlarge Monster on Led.

Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (1/8) |Sorc 3 (7/8) |Sorc 4 (3/5) |Wands
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali   58/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

[Is that 15 points including energy drain, which also gets doubled with a crit?]

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”