Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I send a feeling of peace to Sorchat, so she knows to bring the carpet back.

I use Sacred Healing. Everybody heals 9hp per round for 5 rounds.

I use Arcane Sight to find any magic items on the maelephant. I'll identify them when we're on the carpet.

I Dispel the growth on Led.

"We should leave quickly. More might be here soon."

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (30/50)
 Create Water| Bless Water |*Augury      | Dispel Magic|*Divination  | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bless Water | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Dismissal   | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Sending     | C Critical  2
 Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Planar Ally | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (1/8) |Sorc 3 (7/8) |Sorc 4 (3/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  2/3| Reson Bolt 33
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali   100/100|Katrina 60/88|Led   101/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf| Animalistic | Cat's Grace | Cat's Grace | Cat's Grace |
 Spectr Hand |             |             |             |             |
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

I fly the carpet back to Sigrid and Kalindriel.

What happens to Skyseeker, when the tree eats her?
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

The jumping, giggling, and flitting around stop when Led returns to normal size.

She pouts at Sigrid for a moment before realizing, Kitty can't sit on smelly burpy man...

She moves around Cryak, those eyes intense on him again.
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

Cryak stretches after the battle, inspecting his wound with an unconcerned air.

"Well that ain't the first nasty I've encountered in the last few months...tho it's a bit easier with a few others to lend a hand. You folks mind if I tag along for a ways?"
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Smelly Burpy Man wrote: " You folks mind if I tag along for a ways?"
'Trina tenses ready to strike depending on what the answer is.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I look at Sigrid and raise an eyebrow in question, wondering what she thinks of the stranger.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker gets her mirth under control at Cryak's question.....and shrugs minutely, indicating she has no real reasons or feelings opposing his request.
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

"Well, no news is good news I reckon. Since no one seems to have a problem, I'll stick around with you all. At least until you leave the Darkwood..."
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

A serious tone, all mirth fleeing..."we may not neccesarily be leaving soon..we've found the evil which darkened the Wood so long ago is stirring once more, seeking to break free. And we find ourselves standing against this ancient malefic force." says Skyseeker grimly.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led interrupts, "We knew it was risen before we got here. But we didn't mean to teleport dead into the middle of the 'Wood. We're leaving for now, until we can get that army to join us."

He faces Cryak, "You might be a spy for the enemy, so believe me when I tell you that we may or may not have an army about to join us. And if we do, they might just be both huge and unstoppable. So, bring that back to your dark lords."

Back to Skyseeker, "But regardless, there's little value to just us staying here in the 'Wood sniping at random enemies. We need to leave here and coordinate with the rest, so we can share information and have a strategy. Random sniping will annoy them only until they have the mama dragon fly through here and blast us to pieces."
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

From Status I can tell what emotional state 'Trina is in. I know that when Led says Cryak might be a spy, 'Trina became very focused on killing him. Since he'd been labelled an enemy.

"Led, can you explain to young Katrina that you were joking about Cryak being a spy? Before she decides to murder him in our sleep. Please? And don't confuse the young thing."

I'll cast Cure Serious Wounds on Cryak, as a show of good faith. Then, after I've prayed to the Unknowable, I'll confirm Cryak's story. If we can trust him, good. If we cannot, remember we will need to deal with whatever this giant beast of his is."

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (30/50)
 Create Water| Bless Water |*Augury      |*Dispel Magic|*Divination  | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bless Water | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Dismissal   | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Sending     | C Critical  2
 Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Planar Ally | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (1/8) |Sorc 3 (7/8) |Sorc 4 (3/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  2/3| Reson Bolt 33
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali   100/100|Katrina 60/88|Led   101/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf| Animalistic | Cat's Grace | Cat's Grace | Cat's Grace |
 Spectr Hand |             |             |             |             |
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Sigrid wrote: Before she decides to murder him in our sleep. Please?
Completely losing her composure she bursts into tears and screams at Sigrid "I don't murder! Bad people murder! I'm a Good Trina, not a Bad Trina, Good people Deal With Bad people! I don't murder! I don't murder!"

Tears streaming down her face, and a running nose she wails "LEDDYCAT, tell her I'm not Bad." desperate pleading in her voice, "You said I'm a Good Trina, you said I'm" and the last word stretches and hitches with her voice, "Gooooooooooooooood."

She crumples in a heap of sobs and snot, hands covering her face, rocking back and forth quitely whimpering "I'm good. Kitty said it. I'm good. I'm not bad."

Sigrid's Status spell detects emotional devestation.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker gives Sigrid a disgusted look, before going over to the wretched mass of misery...."You are good, Trina, you are. You are not bad. We like you being with us because you're good, we wouldn't let anyone bad stay with us, you should be with us, you're good, you're very good"
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"Oh 'Trina, I'm sorry. I said that wrong."

"I meant that if you Dealt with Cryak because Led is confusing, it would be murder. But it would be Led's fault, for telling you Cryak was Bad. We don't know if he's Bad yet."
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I try to give Trina a comforting pat, the way I'd seen mothers at the keep do for their small children. i feel terribly awkward doing it.

"Siggy didn't mean you're bad. We know you're good. Bad people don't worry if they're bad or not, only good people do that. "
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Kali mutters something under her breath while shaking her head.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Hey! You all leave her alone!" Led scoops up 'Trina and holds her in his arms. Kind of tricky with the wings, but he manages it.

Making eye contact with Kali, the only one in the group he still respects, even if only because she has a spell on him, he says "Continue on to the West. We'll catch up with you later. Maybe."

Then he carries little 'Trina away to the South a couple miles before climbing higher into the branches, then cutting Southeast a while, then down towards the ground again, then cutting Southwest.

All told, he travels generally Southward and otherwise wanders randomly until 'Trina is feeling calmer and chooses to interact with him again.
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

After a time of cuddling into the kitty's fur and collecting herself.

Her voice is solemn and serious, "Led, why would Sigrid say that? I'm Good, she knows that. Why would she think I'd do something Bad people do?"

Adjusting to get more comfy, "You know these things. Like the Good Man. You have the answers. You know things."

Crawling around while Led's moving to get into the saddle where he can snuggle into his mane for some fur therapy, "The others. I know I'm Good. You said that. I know it. They said they know it. You are right."

Getting to the heart of her distress, "What did I do to make Sigrid think I was Bad? I don't want to be Bad, I won't be Bad. I'm Good. You said so."

She cuddles into his soft mane, both arms wrapped around him, trying to figure out where she went wrong.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I look at Sigrid, confused at Led's violent outburst. I speak softly enough so that only Sigrid and Sorchat hear me. "I know we accidentally hurt her feelings, but I didn't think it called for THAT. I wonder if he's nominated himself her father. i know we've joked about her killing us all in our sleep before. He certainly has become protective of her."
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker sighs heavily...."Their bond is also spiritual....they follow Darethon, and he brought her to the Blood-Hunter. That's another aspect to it. Led knows no malice is felt or intended, merely poor phrasing. Once eh calms her and explains, I'm sure they'll be back. But for now....we need to decide where we head.."

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”