Three Films for the Hobbit Tale (underscore sighs...)

Not whitegold ring chat. The one ring chat.

Moderator: High Lord Tolkien

DoctorGamgee
Bloodguard

Three Films for the Hobbit Tale (underscore sighs...)

Post by DoctorGamgee »

OK, so granted, I was not in favor of making the Hobbit into two films, but now there will be THREE?!?!? Oi! I appreciate that they want to add all of the appendices 'rich stories' but one can't help but wonder how that will dissolve the story which heads the title: The Hobbit. Instead of getting Bilbo's story, we are seemingly not as interested in that as in detailing the lost years of the Ring.

I have been a moderator of the old Official Decipher LOTR Fanclub (before it went down) and the remnant of us who started this journey a decade and more ago are hanging on. But at what point do we lose the story of the Hobbit in telling the story of the Hobbit. PJ once answered a question for me in the Mags during the previous films. I would love to get a crack at him again...

Ah well. We shall see...

Doc
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Really? They took three books [the better ones] and squashed them into 3 movies [thankfully leaving out some crap, but in the process leaving out really good stuff] but stretching the primer into 3 full movies?
"Oh, see. Oh, see Hobbit. Funny, funny Hobbit."
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.

Return to “J.R.R. Tolkien Forum”