2012 NFL Whipping Post.

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I don't disagree with your assessment , but then again I've always watched the NFL, and am not very familiar with the youngsters at all. Just what I've seen on YouTube highlights. I thought the " Smelley" selection was very smart, giving your new star a friend in camp may help relieve some pressure. Imagine my surprise when they turned around and did it again by signing undrafted free agent WR Josh Cooper from OSU. Ok so he's not Blackmon, but he was Brandon Weeden's #2 receiver at OSU. I'm hoping he can supplant Massoquai as the Browns # 2 , by means of existing chemistry. I know Momass is our # 1 but he's always looked like a two to me.
Your evaluation gives me hope, because it doesn't come from a pathetic homer like myself.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Just a note on available free agent receivers.
Plaxico Burress
Mike Sims Walker
Jabar Gaffney
Jacoby Jones
Braylon Edwards .... ( in case anyone is wondering no I don't want him)

Any of these guys would upgrade the Browns receiving corps, but bringing back Braylon to Cleveland could trigger the End of days.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Plaxico Burress - too old. not a good team mate.
Mike Sims Walker - intriguing.
Jabar Gaffney - near the end of his usefulness.
Jacoby Jones - stay away. is never as good as he should be.
Braylon Edwards - no, no, no.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Well the Browns have already managed to lose last years first round draft pick to a training accident. Phil Taylor Browns DT tore one of his pectoral muscles while lifting weights at the team facility. Surprisingly no motorcycles were involved in this latest catastrophe.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

i wish the two Saints players who were suspended, would just go away. Saints have signed players to replace them and they need to focus on resigning Brees.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Well the early point spreads are out in Vegas, and not surprisingly they have not favored the Browns in a single contest next season.This pleases me, if you don't understand why, then perhaps you don't understand how point spreads are developed. Suffice it to say that Vegas wins when you lose, spreads are determined by several factors, and one of the most important is what they believe you will bet on. Never forget, they are not in business to see you win. For the most part the betters have a very low opinion of the Browns ability to win games, an attitude that Vegas promotes, because it makes them a lot of money. The Browns lost 3 games last season on the final plays of the game, and covered the majority of point spreads. Go Browns.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Mr. Broken wrote:For the most part the betters have a very low opinion of the Browns ability to win games, an attitude that Vegas promotes, because it makes them a lot of money. The Browns lost 3 games last season on the final plays of the game, and covered the majority of point spreads. Go Browns.
Heh...maybe you have an opportunity here. IIRC back to Pats/Bears Superbowl, if you had bet the Pats 10 bucks the first game then let it ride on them till the last playoff game you're 10 would have been 1/4million...of course you then would have lost it all if you bet Pats in the 'bowl.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

It seems Jim Brown feels threatened by the Browns first round draft pick Trent Richardson . In a recent interview Brown stated that he saw "nothing special" about Richardson, and that the team should have drafted a wideout. Do not forget that Browns public comments are responsible for the teams dismissal of Brown as an advisor, in my opinion Brown is an egotistical dinosaur who has always considered himself to be the best runner the game has ever seen, or at least the best Browns running back ever. The latter may prove true, but at the very least Richardson is a threat to that legacy.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

jim brown needs to fade away.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I agree.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

media having a meltdown because Tebow threw two interceptions, in practice. way to over-react guys.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

You have to hand it to the media, when there is nothing to report , make something out of nothing. Like the so called QB controversy in Cleveland.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

what controversy? i thought Weeden was the starter?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Weeden is expected to be the starter. The Browns have stated repeatedly that nothing will be handed to Weeden, he has to win the job. Local hack and former Plain Dealer writer ( dismissed) Tony Grossi has been working very hard in conjunction with ESPN ( his new employer) to manufacture a controversy. My take on it plays like this, Colt McCoy is a third year vet. If he cannot outperform a rookie in camp, and preseason , then he doesn't deserve the starting job.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

i thought it was a good idea to keep McCoy. always smart to have a back-up plan.

will Drew Brees sign anytime soon? i think Forte is also still unsigned.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

My beloved Browns have been sold for more than a billion dollars. Yes that's with a B.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

May the new owner care about the team and restore it to its glory. The last 17 years have not been kind to Cleveland football.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Saints are in the Hall of Fame game tomorrow. I am hoping it is on tv for me to record.

Mr.Broken - good luck with the new owner. any feel for him yet?

hate the Jets but love Tebow. no idea how I handle this at all.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The new owner seems like just what we would want, but also appears to be ushering in another rebuild.

The League needs to end its dispute with the officials, this is getting ridiculous.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

All right it's time for pre season super bowl picks.
Packers n Pats
Wide Eyed Stupid

Return to “Sports”