2012 NFL Whipping Post.

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

I'm severely tempted to say giants/pats, and fairly tempted some others...but I'ma gonna go:

Packers/Texans.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Texans vs Saints
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Mixed feelings this morning, Art Modell has reportedly been hospitalized, and family members have begun to gather bedside to pay their respects. Although my bitterness remains , I can't help but feel for his family. Suffice it to say Art will be remembered . By some as the man who returned pro football to Baltimore, by others as the man who stole it from Cleveland. Take your pick.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

heh...Dallas beat giants, didn't blow a lead in the 4th...did NOT see that coming.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Pats looking at Winslow jr, how many te's do they need?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The audacity of the leagues "suggestion" that the Browns front office aknowledge the accomplishments of Art Modell before Sundays game is insulting, and offensive. The new Browns are left in a tough spot, because by doing so they risk alienating their own fans. Those betrayed by Modells greed.
As a Cleveland sports fan I can tell you we are sick and tired of being told to let things go, while all the while having our noses rubbed in our various betrayals. Hopefully the Browns fear the reactions of their fan base more than the pressure being applied by the league, because it's shameful . Art Modell cut the heart out of a city to pad his own pocket, and that should be remembered above anything else the man was able to accomplish.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

At the request of the Modell family the Cleveland Browns have cancelled the planned tribute for Art Modell , someone came to their senses.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

goodell is a moron...

and the Saints players got reinstated by the courts.

so of course Roger is considering trying again...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

How can a play not be reviewable? I'm not talking about officials here either, in this instance I question the rules themselves. Writing rules that make some plays unreviewable, who does that make sense to?
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Mr. Broken wrote:How can a play not be reviewable? I'm not talking about officials here either, in this instance I question the rules themselves. Writing rules that make some plays unreviewable, who does that make sense to?
what rule?

great Saints defense. and Brees throwing two interceptions with the game on the line. great stuff.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Near the end of the fourth quarter in the Browns / Eagles game the Browns force a fumble, and recover. The Refs say no fumble, the Browns challenge because the video shows recovery. The official then announces that the call is not reviewable, and gives the ball back to the Eagles. I don't want to say it cost us the game but "it cost us the game!"
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The recovery of a loose ball on the field of play is not reviewable , so if the Refs make the wrong call your just hosed. Oh well we weren't supposed to be able to win that game anyways , our offense stunk. Our new RB Trent Richardson didn't do much for stats, but laid what should be considered the hit of the year on Eagles safety Kurt Coleman. I still don't think offensive players should be allowed to use their helmets, but for lack of a better term Coleman got Dump Trucked. When his helmet pops off ( perhaps he should have buckled the chinstrap) I thought it was going to land in the seats.
The Browns defense played well, the offense not so much, but if the Eagles truly are super bowl bound they are going to have to play much better than they did in Cleveland. Final score 17-16.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

i did not know possession of the ball was not reviewable. they usually come up with a phantom whistle...

Saints game had an odd call/remark. Saints player is on the ground, end of play. dfensive player comes up behind him and hits him in the back of his head with his helmet.

announcer says the player is not considered a helpless player. even though it is a hit from behind, at the end of the play, with a helmet leading.

Saints were whistled 12 times. most of them earned but one bs pass interference. the replacement refs need to realize the defensive player has a right to the ball as well.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Ravens looked fantastic last night. The offense has finally come together around Flacco, and it appears that the issues I had with play calling last year have been resolved.

They look to be well-rounded, and they didn't make any mistakes last night.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Cail wrote:Ravens looked fantastic last night. The offense has finally come together around Flacco, and it appears that the issues I had with play calling last year have been resolved.

They look to be well-rounded, and they didn't make any mistakes last night.
No kidding. They did almost everything right, and when they didn't they did it right the next time.

OTOH, my poor Raiders...some talent, suicidal tendencies.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

never understood why so many were so critical of Flaco. they won a Superbowl with Dilfer - they can do the same with Joe.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Despite my color blindness I am able to spot a Blaze Orange shoe on on plain white line. Unlike the officials in Cincinatti.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Flacco is making a statement this year.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

CRAP! i need to get dish or something that shows more games. All the really interesting ones [judging by scroll bar/highlights] weren't being shown in my cable zone.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Saints are also making a statement. and that staement? that they suck at an unmercible rate.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Sports”