2012 NFL Whipping Post.

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Roger Goodell 2 New Orleans Saints 0
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

These replacement officials have to go. I'm not going to be a whiny bitch and blame the Ravens' loss on bad officiating, but holy crow that was bad.

Illegal contact becomes pass interference when the ball's in the air.

You throw the yellow flag, not the beanbag, when there's a penalty.

If a cornerback pulls the jersey off of a receiver, that's generally considered a hold.

If a quarterback's arm is moving forward when he loses the football, that's a forward pass. If it hits the ground in an area where there are no receivers, that's intentional grounding.

Players who throw punches should be ejected.

What a damn farce.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Yeah, it's getting ugly.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

so much for player safety. I was certain the refs were going to lose all control during the Atl/Den game. the coaches are seeing they can get away with much more. I expect as each week passes it will get much worse.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Yeah that was a great game but the first quarter was an hour an a half long... incredible!

Atlanta has to learn to keep the pedal to the metal. They played a brilliant 3/4 of the game and then came very close to losing it in the last quarter. No matter how far up you are on a team, you got to close it out. All in all, Atlanta is looking really good this year. If they can stay healthy Im thing its finally that playoff win we have been looking for.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

I thought in Philly/Balt game, they let it get out of hand when Boldin started the shoving, then Leach after his TD running around for someone to shove. No penalties for that, off setting for Boldin (which is the same as nothing), and no surprise, it got worse. Still, only off setting after Jackson punch. And for both off setting, ref messed up. Penalty on defense, #10 (no, he's offense), also penalty on offense (no number given). And yea, the ref was right there staring at Vick, and makes no call. Hello! Should've been simple. You don't call intentional grounding tho b/c he was hit as he threw it.

Eagles don't look good, yet are 2-0. Actually, if they turn the ball over less than 4 times a game, they may be best team in NFL. Amazing, 9 TOs in 2 games, winning both. Almost 1,000 yards of offense tho. Vick will not play full season of course.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

And Michael Turner (RB) gets a speeding ticket, 97mph in a 65 zone and DUI (driving under the influence) on the way home from the game.

Hmmm bet Mike Smith suspends him from the the next few games if not the year.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Heh...is it just me, or did the replacements actually get worse in wk2 than wk1?

To SB: they look like having a shot deep into the playoffs [at this early stage]...the thing for me though is, it's freaking FUN to watch their defense right now even BEFORE the snap...kinda like when Troy Polamalu first hit the big time, a camera always on him cuz so much going on, unpredictable, only a whole team's worth.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

I think it's less that they're getting worse, more that there's tape on them and teams are systematically exploiting their lack of enforcement of the rules.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Carolina looked pretty bad last nite. Giants look strong. Nicks, Hixon and Bradshaw out, doesn't look like a problem. I think you can survive injuries to WR and RB, but OL is a problem.
--Andy

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Golden Tate of Seattle fined for what appears to be a legal hit on a Cowboys linebacker.

good work NFL.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Just an awful call. Ridiculous.

... and another one. I can't believe I miss the old Refs.
Wide Eyed Stupid
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Some terrible calls in week 3... they gotta get the real refs back.

Refs gave the Ravens a win over the Pats at the end.

Lions almost game back for a win against Titans getting 2 TD's in 18 seconds. But too little too late.

Falcons are now 3 - 0. They thoroughly trounced the Chargers. The good news is that even on those turn overs, if SD had gotten touchdowns on those, the Falcons still would have won. (based on score not momentum). If they can keep a running game going especially in the 4th quarter when you are trying to run down the clock and secure a lead, it could be Atlanta's year....but way early to call.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Absolutely horrible officiating across the board. No understanding of the difference between illegal contact and pass interference, and a total loss of control on the field.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Saints are 0-3, historically - no team has ever made the SB after an 0-3 start.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Yea, looks like refs are getting worse. Particularly in taking a lot of time to get calls made (forget wrong or right, at least make a call and move on). Players and coaches are starting to get pissed, and that will make the difference. Fans will pay/watch regardless of officiating, so NFL wasn't worried about that.

Eagles showed how bad they are. TOs hurt you against good defense. It appears Baltimore doesn't have that good defense anymore.

Texans look real good, and I'm afraid to pull for them, being a Philly fan and used to disappointment.

Saints 0-3, Pats 1-2 (tho missed 42yd FG and help from refs for 2 losses), Steelers 1-2. Who knows, Packers could be 1-2 tonite. Yep, just like everyone imagined...
--Andy

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Denver 1-2 due to lousy first half defense. They leave the offense in a hole that even Peyton can't dig out of.

The Titans/Lions game was one of the craziest I've seen in a while.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Even as a Seahawk fan, I can only shake my head at the incompetence of the substitute officials. There is no way that the Hawks won that game. Even setting aside the blatant offensive pass interference (seldom called on end-of-game Hail Mary plays), the play was clearly a pick by the Packers, not a Hawk TD.

A win is a win, but winning this way does not taste good.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

It's gotten to the point that it's not only impacting the outcome of the games, it's becoming a safety issue for the players.

This season's been like a train wreck so far, and it's only going to get worse.
Mortice Root
Bloodguard

Post by Mortice Root »

I'm a die hard Packer fan, and I can't ever remember feeling so disgusted....

I have to say, on the good side, that the Seahawk defense played out of their minds for the first half - that was impressive to watch, even if it had to happen against my team. And as a Badger fan, it's great to see Wilson doing well in the NFL. The Pack really adjusted well in the second half, which was very reassuring as well.

That last drive though - that phantom pass interference call on Shields when it was 1st and 30-something was just b.s. It sounded like Gruden would have favored offensive pass intereference on the call - to me it looked like minor contact both ways - a non-call would have been the way to go.

But that last play - so obviously an interception..... I'm just stunned that the call went the way it did. Something like that, that so clearly affects the outcome of the game makes me wonder if there's more than just incompetence on the part of the refs......

Just sick.
"The plural of antecdotes is not evidence."
-------------
Driving down the razor's edge between the past and the future
Turn up the music and smile
Get carried away on the songs and stories of vanished times

Return to “Sports”