2012 NFL Whipping Post.

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Of course, it doesn't affect revenue, no one is turning off games or not buying tix. So all the bitching about the refs only goes so far. Besides, the NFL can just roll tape of all the bitching from last year. I'm sure they acknowledge the officiating is of a lower quality, but they don't feel any pain to give in to refs' demands.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Cybrweez wrote:Of course, it doesn't affect revenue, no one is turning off games or not buying tix. So all the bitching about the refs only goes so far. Besides, the NFL can just roll tape of all the bitching from last year. I'm sure they acknowledge the officiating is of a lower quality, but they don't feel any pain to give in to refs' demands.
Sad but true. I'm reminded of the opening scene of The Last Boy Scout when a football player brings a revolver onto the field.

This season is going to go down in history, I just hope no one's killed.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Cail wrote:
Seriously. Frustration in coaches/players is one thing...I think this weekend flipped the switch to angry.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Vraith wrote:
Cail wrote:
Seriously. Frustration in coaches/players is one thing...I think this weekend flipped the switch to angry.
Welcome to Cleveland , I mean angry. ;)
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

NFL: Refs missed penalty in controversial play, but Seattle victory stands
The National Football League said Tuesday that Green Bay Packers should have won their Monday Night Football game, but said a blown penalty call by replacement referees that should have invalidated the Seattle Seahawks' victory wasn't reviewable.

"This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game," the NFL said in a statement on Tuesday. "It was not called and is not reviewable in instant replay."

The league then added: "The result of the game is final."
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

To point at the offensive pass interference on that play is pure "look over there!" distraction on the NFL's part. Yes, it occurred, but as ESPN analyst Jon Gruden pointed out, referees - replacement or otherwise - never call offensive pass interference when it's a jump ball in the endzone with time expiring on the clock.

The issue is whether Jennings intercepted or Tate caught the ball. Talking about other aspects is just misdirection.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Savor Dam wrote:To point at the offensive pass interference on that play is pure "look over there!" distraction on the NFL's part. Yes, it occurred, but as ESPN analyst Jon Gruden pointed out, referees - replacement or otherwise - never call offensive pass interference when it's a jump ball in the endzone with time expiring on the clock.

The issue is whether Jennings intercepted or Tate caught the ball. Talking about other aspects is just misdirection.
Of course, but it makes the NFL look less culpable.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Cail wrote:Of course, but it makes the NFL look less culpable.
Precisely.
the funny thing is they continue that decision based on the rules about simultaneous catches. EXCEPT the video proves beyond any freaking doubt that there is nothing simultaneous about it. I'm not a Packers fan beyond preferring them when they can't hurt teams I want to get behind, got no skin in this...but if they call THAT simultaneous, in HD, in Slow-Mo, they are too blind to work.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

i wonder how many more games will be decided by the utter incompetence by the replacement refs?

and if Green Bay misses home field in the play-offs by one game?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I'm not looking forward to Thursday nights game against the Ravens. It's daunting enough just to have to face a stacked team like the Ravens in their own house, but we have not had any success against these officials yet this season. All of our longest pass attempts this year have been recalled by late flags, and for some reason there have been highly questionable calls against the Browns at the same point in every game this season ( 4 minutes or less to go in the 4th). I'm not going to say we don't stand a chance. I'm going to say that we don't stand a bleeding chickens chance in a shark tank.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I'm calling my shot right now. The next head coach of the Cleveland Browns will be ................Andy Reid.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Andy Reid needs to be fired first...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

If the Eagles go 8-8 Reid will be fired. Mike Holmgren, Pat Shurmer, and possibly Tom Heckert will likely be fired in January.The new owner of the Browns seems likely to hire Joe Banner former Eagles front man as the new Man in Berea. Who in turn will pluck Reid once he's fired. (pure speculation )

What's not speculation is the return of the Refs for tonight's game. That still won't save us from the Ravens. Anomander Rakes favorite team.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Quit whining or we'll steal your team again.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

and give it to Los Angeles so it can fail there as well.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

:goodnevil: :yeehaa: :mgun: :snipe: :luke: :rocket: :whip: :yeehaa:

This could get ugly.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Mr. Broken wrote::goodnevil: :yeehaa: :mgun: :snipe: :luke: :rocket: :whip: :yeehaa:

This could get ugly.
:biggrin:
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

So the regular refs are back, no more bitching about calls now right?
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Cybrweez wrote:So the regular refs are back, no more bitching about calls now right?
HA!

Yeah, I wouldn't count on that.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

There will still be complaints, but with the Refs tenure system out of the way, and the new merit system set in its place the league will have the option of replacing Refs who perform poorly. The League has taken a lot of heat on this issue, but were never solely to blame, and this new system should ensure that at least the best officials possible will work the games.

P.S. the L.A. Pats has a nice ring to it Sarge.
Wide Eyed Stupid

Return to “Sports”