Joy is in the ears that hear

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome to the Watch Beldarin. :D Look around, join in, post post post.

And as for the disparaging remarks, if this is the loony bin, should we be taking advice from the inmates LuciMay? ;)

:LOLS:

--A
Beldarin
Servant of the Land

Post by Beldarin »

Menolly wrote:*covering wicked grin*
As a former lurker, I am sure you are already aware of the community feeling here. But I must warn you, as a poster the Watch can become downright addictive.
...such a wonderful vice.
I bet! But I confess I am more a reader than a writer, and there certainly is plenty of interedt here, so we'll see how that pans out :wink:
wayfriend wrote:Welcome to the Watch, beldarin. Hope you jump in as you like; the splinters are never pointing the wrong way.
What a great expression, love it!
Lord Foul wrote: "The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read."
Love that, havent heard it before, which book was it in?
lucimay wrote:welcome beldarin...
i don't usually say hi to the noobs in here, i don't know why, i guess i just wait to see who the noobs are and how they're going to fit themselves in here,
but your topic choice hooked me immediately.
there are many lines in donaldson's writing that hit home, so to speak, lines that stay with you (yeah waddley tatoo'd one of the best on her back!),
but you chose one of the ones that speaks to my heart so...thanks for that
and welcome to the loony bin!
Thank you so much 8)
ussusimiel wrote: Trim Castle is cool. It was used in Braveheart wasn't it?
Yes actually, and we're very proud of that, but currently unimpressed with mel gibson... He was given the freedon of Trim in honour a while back, but failed to actually come accept it on his last visit to Ireland, grrrr
Though his secatary assures us he was sorry, lol, yeah, i'm sure!
Avatar wrote:Welcome to the Watch Beldarin. Very Happy Look around, join in, post post post.

And as for the disparaging remarks, if this is the loony bin, should we be taking advice from the inmates LuciMay?
Well, i can assure I don't feel the least bit disparaged, but thanks ;)
Never mind a bucket list, I'm making a shovel list,
ie: People I want to hit with a shovel
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Beldarin wrote:
ussusimiel wrote:Trim Castle is cool. It was used in Braveheart wasn't it?
Yes actually, and we're very proud of that, but currently unimpressed with mel gibson... He was given the freedon of Trim in honour a while back, but failed to actually come accept it on his last visit to Ireland, grrrr
Though his secatary assures us he was sorry, lol, yeah, i'm sure!
I've heard that about him. I was at a talk once by Michael Doherty (film critic for the RTE Guide) and he was asked who was the most unpleasant star that he had met. He immediately said Gibson (and this was long before he went completely off the rails!). So much so that he subsequently refused to do interviews with him when requested by Gibson's agent. (The RTE Guide might be naff but it has one of the largest circulations for a magazine in Ireland and a readership of over 500,000 8O )

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Beldarin wrote: Well, i can assure I don't feel the least bit disparaged, but thanks ;)
Hahaha, it wasn't you they were disparaging. :D It was the rest of us. And the 'Tank. Nobody disparages the 'Tank.

(Well, actually, If you want to be strictly accurate, lots of people disparage it. :lol: I don't have to like it.) ;)

--A
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

Beldarin wrote:
Lord Foul wrote: "The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read."
Love that, havent heard it before, which book was it in?
It was in "Guards! Guards!". It has some of the most wonderful quotes, even as for Pratchett, like this one as well - "People were stupid, sometimes. They thought the Library was a dangerous place because of all the magical books, which was true enough, but what made it really one of the most dangerous places there could ever be was the simple fact that it was a library."
I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Welcome, Beldarin. I'm not very diligent about welcoming the newcomers, either, but I could see there was a live one here! :D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener

Return to “The Summonsing”