Bad Maths!

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

Seeker of Truth
Ramen

Bad Maths!

Post by Seeker of Truth »

He may be the Land's saviour but Covenant's maths does not add up!!

p166 Fatal Revenant
'Oh, that's right,' he added suddenly, mocking the newcomer. 'I forgot. Your people hardly agree on anything. Half of them will be after her power. Half of them will be busy at something completely looney, like trying to make friends with the damn Worm of the World's End. And half of them will only be doing the only thing they are good at, which is watching the rest of the world go by and wishing they were Elohim.'
3 halves?? I think the strain of being the Arch of Time is getting to TC!
It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchett - Jingo
dlbpharmd
Lord

Re: Bad Maths!

Post by dlbpharmd »

Seeker of Truth wrote:He may be the Land's saviour but Covenant's maths does not add up!!

p166 Fatal Revenant
'Oh, that's right,' he added suddenly, mocking the newcomer. 'I forgot. Your people hardly agree on anything. Half of them will be after her power. Half of them will be busy at something completely looney, like trying to make friends with the damn Worm of the World's End. And half of them will only be doing the only thing they are good at, which is watching the rest of the world go by and wishing they were Elohim.'
3 halves?? I think the strain of being the Arch of Time is getting to TC!
I remember reading that for the first time and thinking "Covenant sounds like Yogi Berra." ;)
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

heh....nah, the halves overlap, some are doing both! :biggrin:
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
pkfridley
Stonedownor

Post by pkfridley »

Hockey games have three periods, but I cheekily like to refer to the third as the "third half." And Car Talk has three halves -- but don't drive like my brother.
"Once bread becomes toast, it can never go back." -- Ajax Duckman
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Fatal Revenant”