any benefit for a woman starting her own business in Mass?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

any benefit for a woman starting her own business in Mass?

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Anyone know if there are benefits for a woman who is starting her own business in Massachusetts?
Like tax breaks, start up costs or anything?

It would be a company comprised of 2 women and 2 men.
Each one having an equal share.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Re: any benefit for a woman starting her own business in Mas

Post by Vraith »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:Anyone know if there are benefits for a woman who is starting her own business in Massachusetts?
Like tax breaks, start up costs or anything?

It would be a company comprised of 2 women and 2 men.
Each one having an equal share.
I know there is a gov't office related to businesses owned by women and/or minorities...but I don't know if it's just advice, or actual breaks/benefits like you are looking for. [They gave a presentation at a conference I was at in Boston...but I skipped it, had nothing to do with me]
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

I don't know about any govt programs, but I bet you could apply for grants from women's foundations. Or appeal to prominent businesswomen for investment.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

in new hampshire my aunt owns a construction company to gain breaks on bidding and such...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Harbinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Harbinger »

Just have the two gals start it up. Then you will get grants galore. Later, they can sell you each shares for $1 apiece or something.
Never underestimate the power of denial. - Ricky Fitts
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

If you believe that any of your business will come from the state or the feds than it would benefit you to get certified as a Certified Women Owned Business. State and Fed governments have quotas for providing bids to women and minority owned businesses that they have to fulfill. Just do a google search for women owned business certification in MA and I'm sure you'll turn up many resources.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Check with the local Small Business Development Center. They should have an idea of what is out there.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”