"as weak as water"

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

Mighara Sovmadhi
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Near where Broken Social Scene is gonna play on October 15th, 2010

"as weak as water"

Post by Mighara Sovmadhi »

This is how Infelice describes the strength of the Haruchai relative to the Elohim. Could Stave and the Masters be the water in which the Chosen's fate is written?
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Interesting concept. The Elohim would do well to bear in mind that Water is a participant in the power that remains. The other is Stone...and while Water can wear away Stone, the reverse is not known to be true.

Stave has shown us a glimpse of what an an actualized Haruchai can do in opposition to an Elohim. Place your bets.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I think Infelice is choosing her words carefully to try and manipulate the Haruchai into some sort of self-imposed weakness. Water tears down stone cliffs, even if it does so slowly. An overflowing river only 2m deep moving at even 5kph can rip a house off its foundations and uproots trees. A weak-willed Cavewight could influence the Moon and a somewhat lore-wise formerly dead High Lord could manipulate the weather but even a lore-wise Raver with a piece of Illearth Stone could not bend the sea to its will.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Mighara Sovmadhi
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Near where Broken Social Scene is gonna play on October 15th, 2010

Post by Mighara Sovmadhi »

I wonder where the Nicor will fit into all of this, if anywhere. Are they just to be swallowed up by the Worm, of which they are said to be offspring? Or will some of them show up somehow in the rivers of the Land, hopefully to aid the protagonists against, say, the skurj?

Return to “Against All Things Ending”