Finally picked up IEW again, poor Trell.

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Mega Fauna Blitzkrieg
<i>Elohim</i>

Finally picked up IEW again, poor Trell.

Post by Mega Fauna Blitzkrieg »

I think he is one of the most undeservingly shit upon characters in any form of media.

I mean he is like the perfect ultimate male specimen in every way, strong, kind, loving, handsome, powerful, smrt, compassionate, dutiful and in control of himself, but not emotionless robotic. Both a jock and a mage! Huge and muscley and burly and hotttttt.

Yet all the women in his life, end up leaving him and picking the piss poor male specimen that is Thomas Covenant, for whatever their reason, love, kindness, revenge...
I know what an analogy is! It's like a thought...with another thought's hat on...?

The thing most people don't remember in regards to the Haruchai, is that you NEVER EVER play poker with them!
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

While I may question your word choice (due to that insidious Menolly influence that encourages PG language standards in these threads), your thesis is spot-on.

Who in all of SRD's works less deserves what occurs to them than Trell?

Maybe Alicia Hardaway? (still my #1 choice for a travel companion from SRD's characters...although Koina Hanish is right up there for that position, she is a non-starter in the undeserved fate department.)
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

Yeah, hard to argue that. I just started TPTP in this re-read and it's really sad how the Lords keep rubbing Covenant in his face every time they summon him.
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

Atiaran is in a similar position, IMO, except that she's already sort of "under duress" before Covenant appears in the land. She studied at the [insert name of the place where people study lore to become lords] but felt like she had failed the land IIRC because of her relative lack of knowledge. Having to guide Covenant to Revelstone is a grim fate, let alone her attempt to summon him back.

And of course there's Lena.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”