2013 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

Tebow should go hold a clipboard as 3d string QB for someone like the Packers or 49ers, so he can learn under a great teacher like McCarthy or Harbaugh.

But I doubt if he can stay away from the limelight. :roll:
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Billy, do you mean like Charlie Whitehurst did at Seattle? Remember what Charlie's nickname there was?

I see plenty of potential irony in your idea, but I don't think Pete Carroll's sense of humor extends that far.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Jets release two idiots (neither who ever played for them) who got caught with weed. how stupid do you have to be to blow your one shot?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

Savor Dam wrote:Billy, do you mean like Charlie Whitehurst did at Seattle? Remember what Charlie's nickname there was?

I see plenty of potential irony in your idea, but I don't think Pete Carroll's sense of humor extends that far.
Looked him up on wiki... he did quite well.

No, I don't know his nickname. Hence neither the irony? :)
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Billy, here's a good explanation of Charlie's nickname on the Seattle sideline. From there it is an easy leap to why your suggestion for Tebow has ample ironic potential.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

Savor Dam wrote:Billy, here's a good explanation of Charlie's nickname on the Seattle sideline. From there it is an easy leap to why your suggestion for Tebow has ample ironic potential.
Now that there's funny. I don't care who you are. Thanks. :lol:
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Falcons got some good picks. They finally let Turner go (about two years late) and picked up Steven Jackson. Then they resigned Gonzo and picked up Desmond Trufant. Another good pick on the defensive side of the ball is Osi Umenyiora.

On other news, no surprise, the Falcons had the second worst tackling the the NFL. If they can pair a defense up with their offense they got another shot at the big game this year.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
mrsnull
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by mrsnull »

I think it is a real shame what the Jets did to Tebow. If they had no intent on using him, why trade for him? I can not believe that Tebow can't find a job somewhere as a third string quarterback.
“This is Our Bleeping City” - David Ortiz
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Pats sign Tebow cut Kafka
Wide Eyed Stupid
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Nothing less than this would make me a Pats fan...but I might just find it in my heart to root for them if they play Tim...and are not opposing my Hawks. Will have to see how the season shakes out before saying where my loyalties will lie if a Tim-led Pats play the Browns, 49ers, or other second-tier emotional favorite.

Yes, Sarge and Julie...I know you do not like reading those words of less-than-worship-for-NE...but deal with it. I gotta be me.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

SD : fair enough. but I am loving it! I hate that the Pats had to cut Kafka. I really want a Pats jersey with Kafka's name on it. I wonder if Julie can get one custom made with #00 on it?

this is absolutely the best for Tim. I will always root for the guy and would be thrilled to meet him. he may be the best college player of the last couple decades. and such a sincere young man. Julie and I will be rooting heartily for him. I don't thing we have been this thrilled over a Pats signing since our beloved Doug Flutie. :):):)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

Good landing spot for Tim. They could always play him as a third tight end if necessary.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Savor Dam wrote:Nothing less than this would make me a Pats fan...but I might just find it in my heart to root for them if they play Tim...and are not opposing my Hawks. Will have to see how the season shakes out before saying where my loyalties will lie if a Tim-led Pats play the Browns, 49ers, or other second-tier emotional favorite.
Pats just because my second favorite team. But when they come to Atlanta for game 4, I will be rooting for the Falcons and the Falcons are still going to send them back to NE with a loss. :biggrin:
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The league is reporting that offseason arrests are up by 75% from last year, and not just your typical DUI's, assaults, and or disorderly conducts. Murder, attempted murder, and even a recent prostitution offense. I'm sure someone will find a way to utilize concussions as a defense.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Mr. Broken wrote:The league is reporting that offseason arrests are up by 75% from last year, and not just your typical DUI's, assaults, and or disorderly conducts. Murder, attempted murder, and even a recent prostitution offense. I'm sure someone will find a way to utilize concussions as a defense.

Oh, and I gotta add this.....
Scott E. Entsminger, 55, of Mansfield, died Thursday, July 4, 2013 at his residence. Born January 8, 1958 in Columbus, Ohio, he was the son of William and Martha (Kirkendall) Entsminger. He retired from General Motors after 32 years of service. He was an accomplished musician, loved playing the guitar and was a member of the Old Fogies Band. A lifelong Cleveland Browns fan and season ticket holder, he also wrote a song each year and sent it to the Cleveland Browns as well as offering other advice on how to run the team. He respectfully requests six Cleveland Browns pall bearers so the Browns can let him down one last time. Scott was a fun loving, kind and caring man who enjoyed gardening and fishing but his greatest enjoyment was spending time with his family. He is survived by his wife of 16 years, Pat Entsminger; a son, Aaron Entsminger of Columbus; a brother, Bill (Kathy) Entsminger of Grove City, Ohio; a sister, Lois Courtright of Galloway, Ohio; a sister-in-law, Carol Ferrall of Georgia; four nieces, Kristi Nunamaker, Allison Courtright, Emily Ferrall and Ashley Ferrall; a nephew, Benny Entsminger; his three dogs, Blackey, Shadow and Jezebel; his step mother, Lil Entsminger; a special aunt, Ginny Entsminger; and several cousins and other dear relatives. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a brother-in-law Harry Courtright. Memorial services will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at the Life Celebration Reception Center, 129 South Main Street, Mansfield, Ohio 44902. Friends may call one hour prior to the service, from 1-2 p.m., on Tuesday. The family also encourages everyone to wear their Cleveland Browns clothing to the service in honor of Scott. The family suggests that something be planted in his memory.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Mr. Broken wrote:The league is reporting that offseason arrests are up by 75% from last year, and not just your typical DUI's, assaults, and or disorderly conducts. Murder, attempted murder, and even a recent prostitution offense. I'm sure someone will find a way to utilize concussions as a defense.
Don't know that it means anything unless it continues for years. It's just a blip, I suspect. [the numbers I found: the "jump" is to a bit above average # arrests, but last year was below average...and the percentage is actually, even with the jump, lower than men in that age group as a whole...and apparently the "attempted murder" was really punching a guy outside a bar.]

But, on your OTHER point...yea, I can see that defense being attempted, probably just a matter of time.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Looks like Tebow could be starting TE now. Gronk hurt, Hernandez a murderer, so maybe Tebow vs the rookie for starter.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

So pre-season games have started. Winning and losing these games means nothing because the coaches are trying to see what the new guys can do and to get their starters ready. Last nights game Falcons against the Ravens was fun. The starters were in until the half and totally dominated the Ravens starters. After the half the Falcons second stringers continued to hold their own but in the 4th quarter the 3rd stringers came in and were a mess. The Ravens looked out of sync and not ready. That did NOT look like the same team that played to the Superbowl last year. However when they did get a good play off and got in sync on a few plays, it was fast and they scored. The special teams were rocking. esp punt and kick returns.

What I liked about the Falcons. After the game jitters got over and the false start penalties stopped they got into a nice rhythm. Ryan and the receivers are still in sync with each other. The O-line was holding strong against the Ravens very physical Defense. Running game, we got our running game off the ground and actually ran it over and over again effectively. That might make the difference this year as the Falcons have a much tougher schedule.

Can't wait to see how Atlanta does in its first real game of the year but from what I saw last night, its gonna be another really strong year.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Ravens defense is looking far better than they did last year, and the offense continues to impress. The only two AFC teams that look like they'll give us any trouble are Houston and Denver.

New England's run of banking on a huge late-season home field advantage and an impossibly weak division looks to be drawing to a close.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Cail wrote:Ravens defense is looking far better than they did last year, and the offense continues to impress. The only two AFC teams that look like they'll give us any trouble are Houston and Denver.

New England's run of banking on a huge late-season home field advantage and an impossibly weak division looks to be drawing to a close.
Agreed. New England is in for a tough couple of years. They have some significant injuries already with some key players not being able to play. Brady is getting to that age when he needs protection. They lose Brady, they lose the season.

I also cant help but note that the Ravens have good depth. The second stringers were pretty strong. That will be HUGE if/when injuries happen. The Falcons don't have the same depth in some key positions (mostly on the defense side of the ball). Its going to be critical for Atlanta to stay healthy this year.

I'm curious on how the KC Chiefs do this year after picking up Alex Smith. Mainly I hope they do well since Alex Smith really got a rotten deal last year with SF, being forced to go out on a concussion for a game and losing his job almost immediately when he had a great QB rating. Not that going with Capernick wasn't a good plan. Just sucked for Smith who got to watch from the sidelines as his team played in the big game.

Return to “Sports”