when is the last dark out?

Book 4 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: Savor Dam, High Lord Tolkien, ussusimiel

alanm
Ramen

when is the last dark out?

Post by alanm »

Well, as the title suggests, when is the last book out on sale in book sotres.

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Public release is in mid-October of this year.

Some of us have already obtained Advance Reader Copies (ARCs) and are chomping at the bit to discuss SRD's conclusion of the series. Many ARC readers have retained their copies, but there is an ARC circulating (see the "Who Wants..." thread), variously refered to as ARC of Covenant and Siblinghood of the Travelling ARC.

I would be remiss if I did not mention that every Watcher will be expected to arrange to be in ABQ next June for Elohimfest, to meet SRD (some of us for the umpteenth time), discuss all his works, and socialize.

Don't miss it!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

Amazon is showing October 15th for the Kindle edition (and it's available for pre-order)
thranathiril
Woodhelvennin

Post by thranathiril »

Akasri wrote:Amazon is showing October 15th for the Kindle edition (and it's available for pre-order)
This may well be the first time that I actually get the Kindle version rather than the paper copy of a newly published book, just to get it ASAP after publication.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Pre-ordering via Amazon will have it delivered to you on release day. Their customer-obsessive shipping practices may even land it on your porch a day or two early, just to make sure you are not left waiting for it.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Borillar
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Borillar »

I've seen at least one ARC reader give their non-spoilered opinion of TLD, and I'm interested in hearing what other ARC readers have thought of it (again, in a completely non-spoiler-y way; I'm curious just about how it compares to the other books, whether they were satisfied with the denouement, whether they had successfully predicted its end, etc). I haven't read an ARC and at this point am satisfied just to wait until October, but it'd be good to get the juices flowing a bit.
alanm
Ramen

Post by alanm »

OK, thanks all. Just a couple of months to wait then.
Wonder if it will be worth it

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

As an ARC reader, I can assure alanm that TLD is definitely worth the wait...but I cannot really comment to the extent that Borillar wants. Any comparison to other books or observation about what was or was not predicted is potentially too revealing. There are absolutely amazing moments, pure SRD magic, and bits that take some patience to read.

Pre-order it. You want this book. Read it as soon as you can get your hands on it. Help dissect it when that forum opens. Above all, Come To Elohimfest so we can all meet.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
thranathiril
Woodhelvennin

Post by thranathiril »

Savor Dam wrote:Pre-ordering via Amazon will have it delivered to you on release day. Their customer-obsessive shipping practices may even land it on your porch a day or two early, just to make sure you are not left waiting for it.
Alas, not for me. Living where I do, I would have to get it shipped to a US mailing address and then get it shipped on to me. It is therefore easier to Kindle a book if I want it on publication day.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Actually, Amazon ships directly to Bermuda and other Atlantic / Caribbean islands...but there is about a US $7 surcharge and the shipping speed is not great. While they ship preordered books to arrive by release day, whether this is achieveable for locations like yours is questionable.

Sounds like you have a plan.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

ARRRgh! There's like... 19 days left! I pre-ordered it from B&N, and they better have it on the 15th, or else!!!! :rocket:
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley

Return to “The Last Dark”